Official Dune Decay

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Official Dune Decay

Post by lotek »

I thought it was a group someone here had started or something, but it turns out it's the official page for the band called "Dune Decay"

:lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Re: Official Dune Decay

Post by D Pope »

A few weeks ago, I attended con-tamination here in St. Louis & met some members of a local band named Harkonnen. (One of thier albums is named Ghanima)
I haven't heard thier music yet, but imagine 'dune bands' are a trend on the rise.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

D Pope wrote:A few weeks ago, I attended con-tamination here in St. Louis & met some members of a local band named Harkonnen. (One of thier albums is named Ghanima)
I haven't heard thier music yet, but imagine 'dune bands' are a trend on the rise.
I hope The Three Stooges do not sue them.

Dune: New experiences within the reach of your hand:
http://www.dune.es/
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Oh man! What a gearshift! Ok, strage pictures for a Dune site, where's the content- wait that IS the content. It's like reaching into the fridge for a milk jug you think is full only to find that it's almost gone after crashing it into the roof.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

D Pope wrote:A few weeks ago, I attended con-tamination here in St. Louis & met some members of a local band named Harkonnen. (One of thier albums is named Ghanima)
hey, why don'tcha check them out a little more, get A Thing of Eternity a link to their music
for an opinion, maybe invite them here - altho, if they're DuneHeads, they should know about it ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

As long as were on the Bands with Dune names, You have the Almost Christian, Almost Straightedge, Deathmetal band SHAI HULUD .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shai_Hulud_%28band%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Apjak wrote:As long as were on the Bands with Dune names, You have the Almost Christian, Almost Straightedge, Deathmetal band SHAI HULUD .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shai_Hulud_%28band%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's actually not even remotely deathmetal, that would fall under "hardcore" or maybe "post hardcore" if you're one of those damned genre trendsters. :wink: Great band though, one of my favs.

There's a band in my city I just found out about called Chakobsa, their album cover was a sandworm. I'll have to find a link, they're a blues rock band I think I heard.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I could dig all those cats involved here, unless some of them plan to try to get some HLP money;
they'd have to stay clear .... altho, I'd imagine the Parasites would sic Frank Walden, Internet Property
Rights Lawyer, on them if they started making any dough ... let's find some linky-links for their myspaces
and such and send out some feelers ... we need some new Cool Kids around here ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

does that mean I'm not a cool kid anymore?

was I ever :lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Looks like there's more than one band with the Harkonnen title... Took a little doing but these are the guys I met.

http://www.myspace.com/harkonin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.harkonin.com/forums/viewtopi ... &view=next" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Apjak wrote:As long as were on the Bands with Dune names, You have the Almost Christian, Almost Straightedge, Deathmetal band SHAI HULUD .

That's actually not even remotely deathmetal, that would fall under "hardcore" or maybe "post hardcore" if you're one of those damned genre trendsters. :wink: Great band though, one of my favs.

There's a band in my city I just found out about called Chakobsa, their album cover was a sandworm. I'll have to find a link, they're a blues rock band I think I heard.
Recommend any songs?
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:

Recommend any songs?
Misanthropy Pure was the song that got me hooked in the first place. I really liked the odd production on the guitar and bass tones in that album, I have yet to figure out how they got those sounds.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

This is the first and only track I've heard from these boys and they are rather good. I've always digged controlled anger.
Re the production, what I'm hearing is a mix of styles. the drums and rhythm guitar are standard thrash/hardcore fare, it's the lead and bass that stand out as being cleaner and less distorted than normal for the genre. The bass sounds compressed and harmonised with quite a scooped EQ, the leads more difficult for me the only thing I can say is it sounds almost jazzy (bridge pickup through a small valve amp like a twin reverb). All said thought I may well be talking shite but my desktops Altec Lansings are fairly revealing, but there a million miles from being reference. They're certainly a lot heavier and dare I say a tighter outfit but they reminded me of early Helmet, I think it was the tunefulness of that track.
A Thing of Eternity

inhuien wrote:
This is the first and only track I've heard from these boys and they are rather good. I've always digged controlled anger.
Re the production, what I'm hearing is a mix of styles. the drums and rhythm guitar are standard thrash/hardcore fare, it's the lead and bass that stand out as being cleaner and less distorted than normal for the genre. The bass sounds compressed and harmonised with quite a scooped EQ, the leads more difficult for me the only thing I can say is it sounds almost jazzy (bridge pickup through a small valve amp like a twin reverb). All said thought I may well be talking shite but my desktops Altec Lansings are fairly revealing, but there a million miles from being reference. They're certainly a lot heavier and dare I say a tighter outfit but they reminded me of early Helmet, I think it was the tunefulness of that track.
I've got some good reference Genelecs I've listened to it on, I get what happened for most of the production, but there's something really odd on the guitars, like they've had a ring modulator or something else slightly dissonant applied to them. Maybe they just did a weird harmony double tracked that I;ve never heard before, but it sounds bloody alien to me, I've never heard anything like it.