various wiki dune stuff

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

various wiki dune stuff

Post by lotek »

Found the Dune Wiki and just one line about the mcdunes!!!

how cool is that?
and a series of prequels and sequels that were co-written by Kevin J. Anderson and the author's son, Brian Herbert, starting in 1999.[5]
I thought they'd managed to infiltrate every Dune media but no...
Zen

Early in his newspaper career, Herbert was introduced to Zen by two Jungian psychologists.[27] Throughout the Dune series and particularly in Dune, Herbert employs concepts and forms borrowed from Zen Buddhism.[28] The Fremen are Zensunni adherents, and many of Herbert's epigraphs are Zen-spirited.[29] In "Dune Genesis" he wrote:

What especially pleases me is to see the interwoven themes, the fuguelike relationships of images that exactly replay the way Dune took shape. As in an Escher lithograph, I involved myself with recurrent themes that turn into paradox. The central paradox concerns the human vision of time. What about Paul's gift of prescience-the Presbyterian fixation? For the Delphic Oracle to perform, it must tangle itself in a web of predestination. Yet predestination negates surprises and, in fact, sets up a mathematically enclosed universe whose limits are always inconsistent, always encountering the unprovable. It's like a koan, a Zen mind breaker. It's like the Cretan Epimenides saying, "All Cretans are liars."[19]
read this and cry Hack!
This is why you suck!
This is why you can never get it right!

Feel better now!

Ow left a little Easter egg on the hack's wiki ;)

here
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: various wiki dune stuff

Post by SandChigger »

Undone.

I have both Hacks' pages on my watchlist. Sorry, I don't go for any form of vandalism on Wikipedia. :snooty:
lotek

Post by lotek »

twas only two letters :(

but you're right, really...

shouldn't try to get these smart ideas when I'm bored, I'm not very inventive when that happens!

But I'd read that quote from Frank just before and I felt so frustrated to know that idiot was now the one telling the Dune story and that there was nothing I could do about it

I mean you read Frank's explaining, it's crammed with concepts and references(in a few sentences), and you comapare it to the hack's stuff, there is more meaning in that single quote than in all that KJA's published!

it would be like giving paintbrushes to a monkey and calling him leonardo da vinci because that monkey knew a descendant of a genius!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's galling, I know. And as vandalism goes, it was a very harmless example. :)

I just don't want to give the idiots any other ammunition to use against us.
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:It's galling, I know. And as vandalism goes, it was a very harmless example. :)

I just don't want to give the idiots any other ammunition to use against us.

yeah that's fair!
considering they have no bloomin' arguments, no need to allow them to play the victim's role :)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

What's the best way to get some wiki-notable sources to say that nu-dune sucks?

Not allowing references from forums and blogs means that Dunenovels.com pretty much has the monopoly on citable Dune sources - even though it is entirely composed of made up marketing bullshit.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -