fake Belkin reviews on Amazon

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

fake Belkin reviews on Amazon

Post by lotek »

What what what???

People getting paid to write good reviews and mark negative ones as not helpful???

I can't believe it!!!

.......................... Not!

Belkin Apologizes for Fake Reviews - How Many Others Have Done This?

Yes indeed, how many others :lol:

Nb: it's from Apr 9, 2009 but hey what the heck!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Re: fake Belkin reviews on Amazon

Post by TheDukester »

Ah, yes ... KJA's "special forces." It's been far too long since we ripped on them. 8)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

the author of the post quotes another case, and how it was "uncovered"
it finally became evident when one of the reviewers mentioned how they wished the company would give them more than just Starbucks gift cards for their ‘referrals’.
now that's almost fitting for the kjasf dumbness!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Belkin isn’t the first company to post fake reviews of their products. Several years ago, Sony Pictures got in trouble for quoting a fake critic on some of their movie posters. The critic was supposedly named David Manning from The Ridgefield Press, but it was later determined by a Newsweek reporter that Manning did not exist. A class action lawsuit was filed against Sony and as a result, people could get a $5 refund if they could prove they saw and were unhappy with any of the several movies featuring Manning’s fictitious quotes.
Hmm... :think:

So ... let's say you had these people selling this series of books that they claimed were based on the outline & notes of a famous author and it later turns out that there was no outline or notes, or they weren't as substantial as claimed....

;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, I say those people would do everything in their power to keep the "notes", whether they
exist or not, a "family secret", even if money could be made from the original author's real fans
for the publication of such important papers (unless the papers didn't exist in any form), and I think
those people would go out of their way to stifle any discussion of these "notes" ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008