Are you an Avatard?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Drunken Idaho

Re: Are you an Avatard?

Post by Drunken Idaho »

DuneFishUK wrote:Someone I know saw it in 2d and the everyone's response was.. "Why?".

Thinking about... how well is this film gonna do on DVD? Are they going to render a red-and-green version for us mortals to get the cinema experience at home? ... :? In Imax3d and it was phenomenal - even my Cameron-hating mate had to give it 24 hours before he started picking holes... DVD though? It just ain't worth it :P
I hear this attitude toward seeing the movie 2D all the time as well. I saw it in 3D of course, but my one co-workers was making a big deal about people he knew who went to see it in 2D... I said to him that it obviously doesn't hold up as that great a film if the experience supposedly isn't worth it in 2D.

And as for home 3D viewing, yes there will probably be the crappy doesn't-really-work red/blue glasses editions... But keep an eye out in the next year or two for 3D-enabled television sets. All the major manufacturers are working on them as we speak. They work with the same principle as the current 3D theatre technique (horizontal and vertical-phased light signals interlaced over each other, and filtered through microscopic slits in the glasses) but I'm not sure how willing people will be to wear the glasses at home.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I imagine DVD sales will be decent, but that it might actually kill the momentum when everyone sees it in 2d on a small home screen. I actually think it would be in Cameron/Fox's best interest to not release Avatar on DVD until Avatar 2 hits theaters. Make it Blu-ray, HD only and only for 3d TV's that will be coming soon. Another good move would be to do another 1-year anniversary release like they did with Star Wars; especially if Avatar takes Best Picture.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:Someone I know saw it in 2d and the everyone's response was.. "Why?".

Thinking about... how well is this film gonna do on DVD? Are they going to render a red-and-green version for us mortals to get the cinema experience at home? ... :? In Imax3d and it was phenomenal - even my Cameron-hating mate had to give it 24 hours before he started picking holes... DVD though? It just ain't worth it :P
I hear this attitude toward seeing the movie 2D all the time as well. I saw it in 3D of course, but my one co-workers was making a big deal about people he knew who went to see it in 2D... I said to him that it obviously doesn't hold up as that great a film if the experience supposedly isn't worth it in 2D.
The thing is - Cameron didn't need $300M to make a great film - He spent it on making a spectacular film.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

I heard it described as Dances With Wolves meets Star Wars. I stopped taking it seriously right about then.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

y'all ain't gonna believe this one :

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2010/january/avatar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

The article linked to above wrote:The dolls were created for the sole purpose of masturbation. :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:y'all ain't gonna believe this one :

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2010/january/avatar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fuckin awesome, and I mean that literally, it just shows the mental age of the typical avatard :)
They have four openings, and five or six extrusions, making them compatible for male or female pleasure and the innocent curiosity of young teens.
WTF?
4 openings?

fuck'em in the ear? nose?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

how much for the doll?

I’m just thinking…. they can’t be more expensive than a real woman….AND I bet they don’t want to talk afterwards
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
lotek

Post by lotek »

are these guys for real???

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2009/july/sissykits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No they can't be:
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:I heard it described as Dances With Wolves meets Star Wars. I stopped taking it seriously right about then.
Add in the plot of Disney's Pocahontas and you get the jist of it.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:fuck'em in the ear?
That's so they hear you cumming. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
lotek wrote:fuck'em in the ear?
That's so they hear you cumming. :wink:

And is that landoverbaptist a joke?
trang

Post by trang »

Only in America, doesnt surprise me, but I'm sure our foriegn friends will match or exceed it.

And I saw it 2d, had no desire for 3d, cause I don't like 3D. I have been waiting for the jump to Holographic(not star trek holodeck crap before ya ask) so I don't have to wear some apparatus on my head. We have the tech, its just cost prohibitive. Another decade or so, and since were not going to the moon/mars manned, I fully expect holograhic tech to be implemented for those unnamed missions.

Anyway... Its fun to buy popcorn, sit in a lawn chair, drink beer and watch the circus.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

lotek wrote:
that would depend on your point of view ......
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:
lotek wrote:
that would depend on your point of view ......
that means they're serious then...

Loonies anyone?
reverendmotherQ.

nampigai wrote:how much for the doll?

I’m just thinking…. they can’t be more expensive than a real woman….AND I bet they don’t want to talk afterwards
Believe me, as a lesbian, I can agree that they are a savings from the weariness and empty wallet left by a woman.
:lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:o
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Get your mind out of the gutter, Freak. :roll:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Pix or it didn't happen. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:Loonies anyone?
Thanks, but I've just eaten.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
nampigai wrote:how much for the doll?

Believe me, as a lesbian, I can agree that they are a savings from the weariness and empty wallet left by a woman.
:lol:
Don't I know it - I'm still left wondering why I didn't run away screaming when I heard I got a horse in the bargain as well. And by horse I mean a real one offcourse.

Instead I married her...oh well...I'm one day closer to death and peace, and drinking really helps ^^
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

As a liberated Male, I applaud Freak for his honesty. Y'know, cause that was my first instinctual response as well before the civilization programming and Fremen bond of a shared struggle kicked in.

Anyway how does this help us bash Avatar more?

BTW, those of you who enjoyed Avatar: The story was of such a high caliber that KJA himself thought it had been influenced by his writing.

C'mon, you have to admit that 10' tall blue cats with USB hairdos sounds exactly like the kind of wet dream KJA has on his dictahikes. Also, all of the animals are mutant variants, sorry GIANT mutant variants of Earth-based animals.

I feel the need to make a second installment of Amp's Notes called "Evidence Avatar was ghost written by KJA".
Last edited by Ampoliros on 08 Feb 2010 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
reverendmotherQ.

Ampoliros wrote: BTW, those of you who enjoyed Avatar: The story was of such a high caliber that KJA himself thought it had been influenced by his writing.
OF course that prick would. :roll:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:As a liberated Male, I applaud Freak for his honesty. Y'know, cause that was my first instinctual response as well before the civilization programming and Fremen bond of a shared struggle kicked in.
It's like playing the lottery.

Chances of getting pix: very, very small.

Chances if I don't ask: Zero.

You can't win if you don't play.

:P
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

You forgot to add

Actually getting a pic: PRICELESS!

Just compiling more evidence for RMQ that she chose the right lifestyle, aren't we...