Are you an Avatard?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Spicelon

Are you an Avatard?

Post by Spicelon »

Many if not most have seen this. Still worth repeating if only to highlight how far we've fallen. I have no idea where this came from (originally that is):
Hello, this is my first post.

Well I went into the movie yesterday thinking I was just going to see a sci-fi romp. Little did I know it would change my life forever. I sat in the theater after it was over just stunned, and then I began to cry. I was ripped apart with feelings I had never had before, hate for myself and my species, hate for my capitalistic and worthless society, and a feeling of such despair that I would never be able to know the Na’vi or their superior culture and way of life. I was there just thinking and crying for about 15 minutes before an usher asked me to leave. I told him I never wanted to leave and he was confused for a second. Then he said I had to go and if I wanted to see this “crappy movie” again I’d have to pay for another ticket. Well to cut to the chase it got a bit heated at that point and we ended up in a shoving match. The police officer who took me out of there didn’t seem to care either. When I told him he was a tool of an oppressive society that is destroying the world he laughed at me. Now I’ve got a charge against me for public disturbance but I don’t care. Hopefully that jerk usher got fired.

The next day I saw it at a different theater in 3d. All of a sudden the world was as real as my own. At the end I stood up and started telling the people that they were the bad guys and were killing the Na’vi everyday with their western society. I said look at Afghanistan! I got cussed out and had a soda thrown on me but I wore those like a badge of honor, I felt like a Na’vi standing against human oppression and sickness. I just wished I had a weapon at that point and could have fought like Jake did. Jake was so strong. I began to wish that I could be like a new Hitler, only instead of exterminating one race I’d do the whole human race then shoot myself at the end. My mom always said I get too wrapped up in this stuff but she is an idiot who is just as much part of the problem as every other American. I told her when I got home and she cried but I don’t care anymore, I’m 35 and I can do what I want in my room and don’t have to take any “medicine” if I don’t want to. Did the Na’vi take pills to “get better” Did the Indians? Nope. I just wish I could stop thinking of this; it’s more than a movie. My Mom used to think I was too into WoW but that was just a game. I quit playing and told my guild wife there to just forget me. This feels real, that is just stupid now. I don’t even really want to go into work.

Sorry for a long first post. I’m in an emotional state right now and just wanted to vent with other believers. I wish I could wake up and be in a real world, not this hell hole we have created on Earth. I don’t know if I should cry or be mad anymore.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
nampigai

Re: Are you an Avatard?

Post by nampigai »

I pissed my pants!

Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
lotek

Post by lotek »

:shock: :shock:

as usual, it can't be for real can it???
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

kinda smells like a troll - what forum was this on ?

on the other hand - Avatard - so simple, so elegant, so obvious ...

sometimes the best mockings are right there in front of you,
and you just don't see them until somebody else points it out.

thanks there, Ol' One-Blue-Eye ... you get cookie :

:cookie sm:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wherever it's from, it's a fake. It's funny, but there's no way it's real.

It was going along pretty good until this:

"I told her when I got home and she cried but I don’t care anymore, I’m 35 and I can do what I want in my room and don’t have to take any “medicine” if I don’t want to."

That's just a little too ironic and self-aware.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

TheDukester wrote:Wherever it's from, it's a fake. It's funny, but there's no way it's real.

"I told her when I got home and she cried but I don’t care anymore, I’m 35 and I can do what I want in my room and don’t have to take any “medicine” if I don’t want to."

doesn't matter if it's real or not - others that resemblance that person (fake or not) excist!
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

yeah, I didn't read close enough or pay enough attention to catch that, Duke.

def troll

I was just excited by "Avatard" ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

TheDukester wrote:Wherever it's from, it's a fake. It's funny, but there's no way it's real.

My thoughts exactly. It's the sort of thing a non-Avatard would say about an Avatard, you know?
Last edited by Spicelon on 29 Jan 2010 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

CNN had an article on their webpage about this awhile back. I'm not sure if it is real or not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were. People are retarded.

Ah, found the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... =allsearch

I will point out that the first thing you'll see when clicking the link is a picture of a guy wearing 3D glasses and sporting a bitchin' mullet...perhaps the exact type of person you'd expect to be depressed that Pandora isn't a real place, and instead of living with the Na'vi he has to go home to his mom and her nineteen cats. He has the basement, though, and it's like, you know, his own space, so he can bring chicks over whenever he wants and his "mom can't say nothin'."

I need a vacation.
Last edited by smugetsu on 28 Jan 2010 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

My GF visits some "bad tattoos" site making fun of people with stupid/badly done tats, and there was one of someone with a big N'avi portrait on his/her arm.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

my youngest son dated a girl down in Austin that was a photographer who had put on a
show of photos of bad tats called It Won't Wash Off .... my favorite was a prison
tat of a misshaped heart with "Mama Tryed" ....
ImageImage

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandRider wrote:my youngest son dated a girl down in Austin that was a photographer who had put on a
show of photos of bad tats called It Won't Wash Off .... my favorite was a prison
tat of a misshaped heart with "Mama Tryed" ....
:lol: But that's a great tat!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

nampigai wrote:Image
As of yesterday can personally recommend a Swann Morton 10A scalpel blade. :o
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: I wish I had more time to mess around on the net in work, it'd be a laugh trolling their Avatard sites.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote::lol: I wish I had more time to mess around on the net in work, it'd be a laugh trolling their Avatard sites.
Hey, that's why I've been spending WAY too much time over on Facebook. The 'tard Official Page is a hoot, much more fun to troll than Official Dune. There are some characters over there who could have posted the above in complete honesty.

Heh heh ... I think I'll repost it there later! :lol:
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

I've definitely seen that exact same post before...damnation, where did you find it, Spice?
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/fe ... 5819063598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Fans have flooded the internet with their confused feelings. On the site Avatar Forums, the topic 'Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible' has more than 1,000 posts.

In a similar forum, one user wrote: "When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It just seems so meaningless."
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

SandChigger wrote:
chanilover wrote::lol: I wish I had more time to mess around on the net in work, it'd be a laugh trolling their Avatard sites.
Hey, that's why I've been spending WAY too much time over on Facebook. The 'tard Official Page is a hoot, much more fun to troll than Official Dune. There are some characters over there who could have posted the above in complete honesty.

Heh heh ... I think I'll repost it there later! :lol:

pics!!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

let's also take this opportunity to stress to the unwashed masses why this forum board,
and the OH in general, is not equatable to the Avatard-Movement, or Star Warriors, or
(insert bullshit fantasy-world here - Harry Potter, too)

Orthodox Herbertarian Maxim #1 : Frank Herbert's Dune is a Classic of American Literature.

also that Frank was an actual intellectual and philosopher, and contributed actual ideas to the greater
body of philosophical thought (as opposed to making up bullshit as you go along so as to give the
appearance of meaningful thought (Ron Moore) or making up straight-bullshit as a plot-driving
device with no meaning whatsoever, greater or otherwise (Star Wars/Star Trek, The Keith)

note: file this under -
"I'm not a fucking fanboy, you retarded fuck."
ImageImage

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

signed. I love Star Wars, and I've even been guilty of standing in line in costume for those but I draw a distinct line between that playfulness and the effect that Dune had on me.

Plus I hate fanboys.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:note: file this under -
"I'm not a fucking fanboy, you retarded fuck."
Filed.

Preach it, brother!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
trang

Post by trang »

Knowing the average american wants nothing more complicated than a toaster and reads at an 8th grade level, not surprising, Avatards. Avatar is a big blue ten foot tall toaster. If they want to give their share of air to the rest of us, guess bon voyage. ::::::shrugs::::::::
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Apjak

Post by Apjak »

This is for those who liked the 70 minute Episode I review.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzKwTcG ... re=related[/youtube]
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Watched those earlier. HILARIOUS! :lol:

Poor little Avatards felt bad....
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I love that guy.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog