Ink

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Ink

Post by lotek »

I just watched this movie:

Dark fantasy with a touch of sci fi, dream world and good and bad...

Loved it!

And the soundtrack, the image?

fuckin' excellent to put it mildly :)

Spoilers in the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ink_%28film%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by lotek on 26 Jan 2010 08:32, edited 2 times in total.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Re: Ink

Post by inhuien »

I seen this doing the rounds a couple of months ago but it then subsequently passed me by, thanks for the reminder. :)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Never even heard of it. :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

it looks worth buying.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
lotek

Post by lotek »

nampigai wrote:it looks worth buying.
it reminds me of donnie darko but without the teenage angst and more straightforward screen play, so yes I'd buy it now that I've seen it, which is a sign of quality in my book :)
donnie darko meets nightwatch :mrgreen:

(and it's about dreams
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies!

Nightwatch (if were talking about the same) is actually based on a danish movie. I never saw the american version, but the danish was ok...sort of.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
lotek

Post by lotek »

nampigai wrote:Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies!

Nightwatch (if were talking about the same) is actually based on a danish movie. I never saw the american version, but the danish was ok...sort of.
I'm talking about this one:

which one is yours?
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Aahhh - I must say you had me puzzled on how Donnie Darko and Nightwatch could be a good mix ^^ - the one I was thinking of is this one - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119791/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

again I haven't seen the american version, but if it follows the danish version it's ok - and 6.2 is actually a bit high ( then again I had IMBD - movies is a matter of taste and some people tend to "like" movies, because they get good ratings on IMBD - sheeps!)

I’ve actually looked at "your" Nightwatch" several times when I’ve passed it in blockbuster – perhaps I should give it a try. For now I'll go for "Ink" - for some unexplainable reason - "jacobs ladder" keeps popping up in my head!
lotek

Post by lotek »

in fact now you mention it I think i did see that Nightwatch with our world famous Obi wan lol but can't remember none of it ;)

Ink is really eerie, like an old tale or myth, the sort of story for kids that's too scary for them, that's if I'm making any sense here(and also without spoiling it's tough)

Jacob's ladder I need to see again, as for nightwatch(vampires)it was supposed to be in 3 instalments but I haven't checked where they stand for now :(

edit:
I do not trust critics on Imdb but most of the time you can sort of guess who's closest to your opinion by the way they write, and at present I've got time to kill at work so I don't mind taking my time to pick a movie :mrgreen:
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

I've been reading a bit more about it - will definately buy it!

If you don't remember Jacobs Ladder - watch it again! it's fantastic!
lotek

Post by lotek »

nampigai wrote:I've been reading a bit more about it - will definately buy it!

If you don't remember Jacobs Ladder - watch it again! it's fantastic!
well I remember the twist ;) but on rechecking I got confused about who the director was(always thought it was cronenberg for some reason)
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

it reminds me that I gotta get "Silent Hill: Shattered Memories" for the wii!
lotek

Post by lotek »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJtfffb ... re=related[/youtube]

As for the Wii... well let's just say I worked for Nintendo and that I keep a grudge :)

Anyway let me know what you think of Ink :mrgreen: when you watched it!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We got a Wii for xmas. First time I tried Bowling the controller went flying. :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:We got a Wii for xmas. First time I tried Bowling the controller went flying. :shock:
Didn't you read the warnings and the Warnings and the WARNINGS?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:We got a Wii for xmas. First time I tried Bowling the controller went flying. :shock:

I didn't read NOTHIN'. My son said, "That's why they put wrist straps on the controllers, duh!"

:lol:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
inhuien wrote:

I didn't read NOTHIN'. My son said, "That's why they put wrist straps on the controllers, duh!"

Aaaaaaand...another controller is sold.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
inhuien wrote:

Aaaaaaand...another controller is sold.
Fortunately, we had one of those thick rubber sleeves on it and it wasn't damaged. :oops:
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

@Iotek - I'll let you know mate - I'll be ordering it tomorrow, they have it on play, I just can't remember if my dvd player is region free...

@freak....did you...bowling, how? I hope nothing happened to the TV though.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^ Google your DVD players make and model # plus "region free code" and voilà. Follow the instructions and you should soon be enjoying region free goodness. At least that's what I've done with my last 2 players.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

nampigai wrote:I’ve actually looked at "your" Nightwatch" several times when I’ve passed it in blockbuster – perhaps I should give it a try.
Night Watch (Russian Nochnoi Dozor) is a good 'un - worth a gander for sure :)

They made a sequel called Day Watch which I actually bought on DVD a while back but haven't gotten around to watching... yet. The third film (probably called Dusk Watch) is going to be an American film - same Russian director, but an English language sidequel. Yeah - sounds a bit shit, and they haven't made it yet.

Heard of this Ink film ages ago and never since. Might have to give it a looksee.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

DuneFishUK wrote:
nampigai wrote:I’ve actually looked at "your" Nightwatch" several times when I’ve passed it in blockbuster – perhaps I should give it a try.
Night Watch (Russian Nochnoi Dozor) is a good 'un - worth a gander for sure :)

They made a sequel called Day Watch which I actually bought on DVD a while back but haven't gotten around to watching... yet. The third film (probably called Dusk Watch) is going to be an American film - same Russian director, but an English language sidequel. Yeah - sounds a bit shit, and they haven't made it yet.

Heard of this Ink film ages ago and never since. Might have to give it a looksee.
Well, if anything can make a foreign film franchise better, its the Hollywood treatment. :wink:

I watched Nightwatch long ago and kind of liked it. I have Daywatch on DVD too. bought it when a local rental outlet went tits up a year or so ago. Also got a non-BSG SF movie with girl-Starbuck. That looks like crap, but Daywatch looks a'ight.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

yup Daywatch's pretty good, a right change from the usual hollywood vampire treatment, which doesn't sound too good for the sequel though...

@Freak: I hope this was not what happened to you :)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7ef_1261501104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Daaaannnnnnnngggggg!

Momma always said dont sit (or stand) too close to the tv.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

@Inhuien - I checked last night, and I allready have unlocked all regions on my DVD - so now it's just the ordering...gonna wait for the paycheck this weekend though.