Any Gamers In Here? Assassin's Creed 2

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

The_Preacher

Any Gamers In Here? Assassin's Creed 2

Post by The_Preacher »

Hey folks;

Just wondering if my fellow Herbert/SciFi lovers play video games as well. I'm just starting to get into Assassin's Creed 2 and was looking for any tips and/or information and/or sites (apart from the IGN's etc.) anyone may care to offer.

Thanks, Preach
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
inhuien

Re: Any Gamers In Here? Assassin's Creed 2

Post by inhuien »

I like a bash on a vidgame but I've not played AC2.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

working my way through Modern Warfare 2 and Metroid Trilogy right now. I played a bit of the first assassin's creed. Felt basically like a cross between Thief and GTA.

Modern Warfare 2 is the Avatar of video games. It looks awesome and delivers a unforgettable experience but they cut out all the best parts to make more money.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I'm been abusing MW2 online atm - which is an excellent time sponge. :violence-rambo:

Is AC2 any good? From what I've heard I think I'll give the first one a miss, but I think 2 is getting some decent reviews.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Still playing Civ IV. I'm a fuddy-duddy.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I've been playing the Stainless Steel mod for Medieval II: Total War on the pc and Uncharted 2 on the ps3.
The ones i'm really waiting for are Bioshock 2 and Gran Turismo 5.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

We have MW2 but it's more for my first born as I don't have a lot of time to devote to vidz. Which is why I'm getting right into AC2 because you just pick up where you left off and the storyline is cool plus you can pop into the open world a la GTA. I love that there's an overarching modern conspiracy storyline which drives the back in time gameplay. The possibilities are endless as they have all of history to choose from.

Highly recommended.
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins almost nonstop since I got it a few weeks ago. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game so much.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm still stuck on Sid Meier's Antietam!

I had a lot of fun bowling on the Wii over the holiday, though.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Mandy wrote:I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins almost nonstop since I got it a few weeks ago. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game so much.
100-percent agreement. I finished it (no spoilers, I promise!) at 92 hours, and I'm doing it again with a different character. I've never played a better video game or gotten better value for my money.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I love the game so much I already read the spoilers :)

I've haven't had time to play the last couple days, but I find myself thinking about the game more than is probably healthy, lol. I've never played a game that had real relationships in them that could effect the actual game.

My one criticism of the game is that the dungeons all feel kind of the same. I'm slogging through the Deep Roads right now, and they're almost identical to the caverns under the ruined temple, just with different monsters.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

The_Preacher wrote:Hey folks;

Just wondering if my fellow Herbert/SciFi lovers play video games as well. I'm just starting to get into Assassin's Creed 2 and was looking for any tips and/or information and/or sites (apart from the IGN's etc.) anyone may care to offer.

Thanks, Preach
I've been playing it a bit for week or so. I've found all the tombs and am working on the glyphs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Haven't played it yet though it's on my list. Busy playing Dragon Age like Mandy and Dukester.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

So... further to my original post, any tips, suggestions, etc. on AC2 spcifically?

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Nope. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

The_Preacher wrote:So... further to my original post, any tips, suggestions, etc. on AC2 spcifically?
trust no one!

like what? it's a big game. as soon as you pass come to a location that prompts you and it has a glyph indicator; stop and look for it right away. I'm trying to go back and find those glyph areas and it's a pain in the arse.
M.A.L

Post by M.A.L »

To help find what the buildings with the glyphs look like go into locations and there will be a red circle in the left hand corner that marks that building as one with a glyph. Then all you have to do is find that building. It's a little difficult in Venice and Florence. Hope that helps.
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

those 2 are the biggest pain for me even with those pictures of the locations.
M.A.L

Post by M.A.L »

Yea, it took me a little while to find the buildings that matched the pictures.
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

The glyphs are really the only challenging part of the game...that and the feathers, if you want that platinum trophy.

This website is pretty good for various questions and whatnot, but try to stay clear of the boards if you can- they seem populated by nothing by angry twelve-year-olds with nothing better to do than insult each other.

http://www.gamefaqs.com
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

I've been trying to stay away from walk-throughs until I almost feel like I want to shove the ps3 up the developers' collective asshole.
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

As games go, AC2 is pretty straightforward and easy to play. I failed a couple of the timed missions a few times, but never really got frustrated. I wouldn't think an experienced gamer would need a walkthrough! Gamefaqs is good for tricky glyph locations and I believe they have maps of the feather locations (I'd check but I'm at work and it is, unfortunately, blocked).

If you get stuck with glyphs, you can do what I did- just google the name of the location + assassin's creed 2 + glyph. It should pull up a few pages that are designed only to assist with glyphs, and should be spoiler-free.
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

I would only need the walk-throughs (maybe walk-through is the wrong term to use) for the glyphs, like you said everything else is pretty straight forward. but I want try me darnedest to find them on my own first with out any assistance.

I do appreciate the help though.