Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

What an old crock of shit. Has anyone else on here seen it? I thought the effects were great, but the plot was diabolical and the dialogue was beyond corny. I did chuckle at the part where the queen goes aboard with her corgies, while the US president stays behind (yeah, right) and the Italian Prime Minister also stays behind to join in prayer! FUCK HOLLYWOOD. The only thing Berlusconi would pray for is that he doesn't get caught sniffing around some 19 year old Ukranian model.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: 2012

Post by SandChigger »

From the trailers, I thought the effects looked cool, especially the tidal waves coming over the Himalayas, but once I heard there was some bullshit about twisted neutrinos (or perverted quarks? Anyway, elementary particles of questionable orientation) from the Sun, I kinda lost interest. I figure the DVD will be out in a few months anyway, for much cheaper, so I'll wait. :)
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I want to see the movie but from the trailers I've seen it is going to funny beyond belife. The trailers remind me of every disater flick from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, that I've seen on late night TV.

How lucky can one family get. :roll:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I agree, CL. Totally stupid, but nice to look at. I kept wishing I could turn the sound down and crank some tunes while watching L.A. slide into the Pacific.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Great candidate for a night of sitting around drinking and making fun of the movie. It's also a good forty minutes too long. Nice visuals is the only good thing I can say about this piece of dribble.

Rob
trang

Post by trang »

Saw it twice, once on DL from Net and once 4 buck movies theater. It was fun to watch, independence day lite. To much CGI, everything is that way. After watching Avatar today, 2012 CGI was kindergarden compared.

stupid and fun, what else from dollywood, in this category. If you really want to have a fun drink/movie fest, go to your local video store and rent all the old '70's disaster flicks and run them up right thru to 2012, then you'll get a laugh.

Airport
Earthquake
Meteor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

It takes stupid to another level. My favourite parts were watching them outrun an exploding volcano at Yellowstone in an old 70s camper van, after they'd outrun California dropping into the ocean piece by piece, driving around with the earth cracking apart behind them. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

-is it that disaster flick where this bland character who barely knows how to fly a plane ultimately becomes a super fighter pilot and dodges a smoldering rocks galore?
if so then I fell asleep quite early in the movie...

I mean I don"t mind a bit of almost impossible stuff, I like SF after all, but when it is jampacked with absurdities I feel that someone is taking the mick ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

We're talking about schlockmeister Roland Emmerich here, the same guy who brought us 10,000 BC and The Day After Tomorrow, what did you expect? Citizen Cane?!?! Why they keep greenlighting this guy is far beyond me but that's Hollywood alright. Him and Paul Verhoeven. I could pull better movies outta my a... ha ha... hey kids! They are the cinematic equivalent of Brian and JKA.

I downloaded it as well (do you honestly expect me to pay for this shit?), I watched it and enjoyed the eye-candy while guffawing my way through the absurdity of it all.
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

May the Lord have mercy on your HDD, there's some shit you can't delete. c:\format c: is your friend.
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

No way. Blancco (http://www.blancco.com/en/frontpage/) is the gold standard where I come from. And I would never put Roland Emmerich on my OS drive... are you kidding me?!?!
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Where "C" equals tarnished drive letter. :P