Christmas presents

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Christmas presents

Post by Omphalos »

What did everyone give and get this year? I gave my boy a basketball net, the girl got some costume jewelery, I gave the wife a new laptop, and I got several books: A few of the Easton Press leather-bound SF that I collect, and a three-book series called "The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy," by Gary Westfahl. Ive been whining about wanting those books for four years or so, and the publisher finally put them on sale (50% off!).

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Christmas presents

Post by Mandy »

I gave my grandma some new pjs, my mom a silver watch, my brother a set of knives and a t-shirt, my step dad a t-shirt and camping stuff, my bro's ho some bath stuff and one of those foot soakers... I gave more stuff but I can't remember.

I got Dragon Age: Origins (LOVE IT), Star Trek dvd, a snuggy, some bath stuff, and some new fuzzy house slippers.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Zilc ... nada ... nothing ... but love is all I need :D
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I recieved a really big gift from a very special person who gives me a huge blessing everyday. :D
I havent been able to give gifts, nor my family, but there's still some time until the 6th of january so giving gifts isnt out of the picture yet.

I grew up with very, very few presents and thankfully so, it made me enjoy the christmas season for what it really is. Love, Family and Friends (the special family). Also i consider it the Pit Stop before the next lap (new year). :dance:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
trang

Post by trang »

Thin this year because of personal life turmoil, but squeezed, Gave son a collection of Winnie the pooh videos, oldest daughter a Metal Sign of Bettie Boop (shes a fan), and Middle daughter two books, a 3 book collection of some alternate vamp series, and a large ghost story book, true accounts from america.

I got a set of screwdrivers from ex to be (grrrr) Didn't get her crap, cause she has been nagging my ass since September, thought seriously about a large white bag of Kingsford.

kids got me couple shirts for work, and a Black t shirt (cant ever have enough of those) with new Star trek movie crew in silhouette, pretty handy.

Mandy, I have been DYING to get my dang PC upgrade so I can get and play, Huge baldurs gate I & II fan. My friend up in new york has it and really digs it.

Merry New Year!!!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I forgot aobut the snuggies. My wife made sure that we all got one. Cant wait for next Friday's Family Movie Night. It'll be a sea of pastel fuzziness.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I got my brother an Ultimate Frisbee set, which he loved way more than I thought he would (Apparently its the official weight/size frisbee). I donated some books to a local Boy Scout's Eagle Project in my dad's name (USO project recording Soldiers reading books for their kids before they deploy). Mom got what she wanted, which was for us to spend some family time on the weekend. I got Disctrict 9, Watchmen Ultimate, and Blazing Saddleson DVD. Wii Fit plus which I'm loving as well as CoD Modern Warfare 2 for PC which I will be returning because Activision gutted it to make console monkeys happy.

Its amazing how much Christmas changes as you get older. I look forward to the giving much more now, and I feel really apprehensive about asking for stuff I don't really need. I must have been one greedy bastard kid.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I gave mainly books this year.

Gave three to my mother-n-law (1 from us 2 from the grand-kids)
Books to my niece and nephew that I babysit, a Bible with parenting tips for my brother-n-law and a cook book for his fiancee
a book to my oldest grand-niece, play-dough to my two grand-nephews, and a shirt to my youngest grand-niece (she's only 20 months old)
Books, candy, and book marks to a dear friend of mine,
books, candy/gum, and a movie to another friend,
ink pens to my Pastor and his wife (found some with their names on the pens)
a ceramic cross and a pen with encouragement statements for teachers on it for the Youth Pastor and his wife.
A praying angel for one of the senior ladies at church (this was from the secret sisters I use to be a member of)
a knife to each of our three sons
Drawing paper, inks pens, and pencils to the middle one (he draws alot)
colored pencils and music CD to our youngest son
and cash to our oldest son

my youngest son gave me a statue of two Cherubs kissing,
my middle son gave me some Pop rocks and some honey shower gel
my oldest son gave me $ 20
my brother-n-law, his fiancee, and kids gave me $20 so I can bye some books (that's what she told me it was for)
my Pastor and his wife gave me a little blanket that she made with the Nativity scene on it
a friend from church gave us a set of home made coasters.
My husband and I bought a new printer and that was our gift to each other
And a dear friend of ours sent us a NICE set of head-phones. I was (believe it or not) actually speechless for a few moments.

My brother and his wife agree to just give to the kids this year and not worry about the adults. They gave 15 $ each to our three sons. And I already listed what I gave his grandkids (my grand nieces and nephews)

It was a nice Christmas. I got to see my brother and his wife for a little bit and we spent most of the day at my mother-in-law's. The main thing is that I got to spend the day with ALL of my kids.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

There has been a confirmed sighting of the living room floor at my house... it came just after my wife took down the tree.

I cant say all the gifts that were exchanged. I'll give highlights...

I got myself a wireless N router since my old router was on it's last leg... and nobody else would have given me anything.

I got my wife a space saving cabinet/shelf thing for the bathroom. She didnt deserve it, I just get tired of looking at feminine hygene products.

The step-son cried real tears when granny gave him a Wii. I got them COD:MW and Lego Indiana Jones.

Lego Star Wars (Original Trilogy) for the PS2 seems to be a hit with my boys. I also got them SW Battlefront but havent seen them play that yet.

The princess got some Barbies from mommy and I gave her The Aristocats, Barbie and the Three Muskateers and Princess Stories.

I'm glad it's over.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:There has been a confirmed sighting of the living room floor at my house.
I found ours this morning, following two hours of cleaning.

Frick (3 years old) and Frack (he's 1) scored, big-time. My wife's parents are ridiculous. And their birthdays are in the fall (the boys, not the grandparents), so they just got through getting a bunch of presents.

We went to Wal-Mart today to buy some big plastic tubs — the poor people's version of toy chests.

I'm glad it's over.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:And their birthdays are in the fall (the boys, not the grandparents), so they just got through getting a bunch of presents.
One of my boy's birthdays is the first week of December and my daughters' is in November. No more till april! :dance:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Man, that picture is great!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Man, that picture is great!
Almost as good as this:

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Here's one of the princess:

~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

So, um, I take it that all Mr T wanted for Xmas one year was one super tight-assed white bitch? ;)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

My girlfriend's parents got me a pretty nice kitchen knife set, which was cool, plus their old not-much used juicer (which is what I'd asked for, but apparently they insist on spending momey...). My parents just gave me some money because I'm buying a really stinking expensive set of new studio monitor speakers (worth more than my car). I gave my mom nice fair trade chocolate, and my dad some insanely hot carribean hot sauces (he likes it hot). My girlfriend got me some SF comics, and I got her knee-high socks and some ear-muffs that are apparently very ugly! (we set a low budget this year)

That's it for this year.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:So, um, I take it that all Mr T wanted for Xmas one year was one super tight-assed white bitch? ;)

Maybe Nancy Reagan wanted Mr. T? :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

No comment^^

Check this shit out:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percu ... 1473240.gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is all I wanted and all I got. Fuckin' schweeeeet.

Oh yeah, I got a Tempur-pedic pillow too. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

A Thing of Eternity wrote: ... and I got her knee-high socks ...
Kinnky! Me likes. What colour? or striped? = even better.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote: ... and I got her knee-high socks ...
Kinnky! Me likes. What colour? or striped? = even better.
Pics...
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: They're just black, and yes... striped is better. You should see her thigh-high fishnets with a seam up the back and little red ribbon bows at the top of the seam.

No pics for you! My hot ethnic girlfriend, hands and eyes off!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

A Thing of Eternity wrote::lol: They're just black, and yes... striped is better. You should see her thigh-high fishnets with a seam up the back and little red ribbon bows at the top of the seam.

:cry:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

A Thing of Eternity wrote::lol: They're just black, and yes... striped is better. You should see her thigh-high fishnets with a seam up the back and little red ribbon bows at the top of the seam.

:tissue2:

and wrote a Dune Novel."