Merry Christmas

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

chanilover

Merry Christmas

Post by chanilover »

I think I'm a bit late this year.

Merry Christmas! :text-merryxmas: Only a week and a bit to go and it's snowing!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by SandChigger »

Happy Erroneous Birth Anniversary of the Nice Little Galilean Jewish Boy Who Supposedly Ended Up on a Roman Cross Day to you, too! :D
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I love this time of year. Merry Christmas everyone.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Happy Erroneous Birth Anniversary of the Nice Little Galilean Jewish Boy Who Supposedly Ended Up on a Roman Cross Day to you, too! :D
nice!

time for feasting on foie gras and bordeaux red wine!!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I fucking hate x-mas!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Merry christmas to everyone! :occasion-xmas:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:I love this time of year. Merry Christmas everyone.
Christmas is great. I'm going home for Christmas, to pig out on lechon! Apparently my mum has ordered it in. Wise woman, get someone else to do the hard work for you. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Happy Erroneous Birth Anniversary of the Nice Little Galilean Jewish Boy Who Supposedly Ended Up on a Roman Cross Day to you, too! :D
You should make a card out of that.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Happy Birthday of Mithras!
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: Classic Inhuien!

Merry Xmas.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

We gave all our nieghbors a note that said "Due to the hard economic times our family has decided that we have ZERO to give this year" and we taped it to a few king sized ZERO candy bars.

Merry X-mas!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I love this time of year. Merry Christmas everyone.
Christmas is great. I'm going home for Christmas, to pig out on lechon! Apparently my mum has ordered it in. Wise woman, get someone else to do the hard work for you. :lol:
Were going to my sister-in-laws near San Francisco. Im sure that there is some lechon in my future too, then after we have eaten all the good skin, maybe some Paksiw. Mmmmmmmm!
Crysknife wrote:We gave all our nieghbors a note that said "Due to the hard economic times our family has decided that we have ZERO to give this year" and we taped it to a few king sized ZERO candy bars.

Merry X-mas!
That's a good idea. Maybe a Coke Zero too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holiday, Season Greetings....what ever in the heck you want to say....
:occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas: and a :text-happynewyear:

Just hope you have a blessed/fun day/week/year. Take care all my fellow Jacurutuns. In friendship's love...:romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-heartstiny: :romance-kisscheek:
Oh and I thought the cross thing was proven in historical records...just the disagreement as to the tomb thing (and of course the virgin birth) was in question? :think:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
A Thing of Eternity

Eyes High wrote:
Oh and I thought the cross thing was proven in historical records...just the disagreement as to the tomb thing (and of course the virgin birth) was in question? :think:
No, not only is the cross thing un-substantiated, it's pretty commonly accepted amonst historians that there are no records of Jesus having existed whatsoever outside the gospels, no one other than Christians ever wrote anything down about Jesus (nothing verified anyways, I've heard of some possible records of someone with the same name being crucified, but those records were actually from hundreds of years later). While it is 99% likely that he was a real person and did start "the way", he is not considered a historical person, such as Muhammed or Esaw, etc.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
No, not only is the cross thing un-substantiated, it's pretty commonly accepted amonst historians that there are no records of Jesus having existed whatsoever outside the gospels, no one other than Christians ever wrote anything down about Jesus (nothing verified anyways, I've heard of some possible records of someone with the same name being crucified, but those records were actually from hundreds of years later). While it is 99% likely that he was a real person and did start "the way", he is not considered a historical person, such as Muhammed or Esaw, etc.

Interesting...cause I had heard (need to look it up myself I know) that there were historical records at least kept by the Jewish people at that time which acknowledge him as a person and had his lineage. And that even the Muslims thought of him as a good teacher.

Well thanks for the reply my friend
A Thing of Eternity

Eyes High wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Eyes High wrote:

Interesting...cause I had heard (need to look it up myself I know) that there were historical records at least kept by the Jewish people at that time which acknowledge him as a person and had his lineage. And that even the Muslims thought of him as a good teacher.

Well thanks for the reply my friend
I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any Jewish records of him, I don't think they thought he was very important, he was one of many hundreds of "messiahs" at the time, and the Jews weren't looking for a spiritual revolution, their version of a messiah was a person with an army that would come and get rid of the Romans.

The only lineages I've heard of for Jesus are the 2 obviously made-up and contradictory lineages in the gospels, when people wanted to pretend that Jesus descended from David to make the Jews care about him, and then they wanted to trace him back to Adam (wouldn't everyone descent from him anyways if that story were true? Sillyness!) when they decided Christianity wasn't just a religion for Jews, gentiles could join too.

The muslims certainly hold Jesus and Mary in high regard, and consider him a prophet - but they didn't exist until many hundreds of years later, so obviously don't count when it comes to any kind of historical take on Jesus.
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

I like the sentiment of this thread. It's Christmas-time, folks! Let's not get too politically correct.

In that vein: Merry Christmas!!

Meanwhile, it's also Chanukah so Happy Chanukuh!

Take those sentiments for what it's worth to you from a Neo-Pagan, Buddhist believer in native spirituality. Jesus was a great man, don't get me wrong, but Gandhi hit the nail on the head when he said, and I quote:
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
To sum up, happy Catholic holiday which usurped the pagan rite of winter solstice!
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

The_Preacher wrote:I like the sentiment of this thread. It's Christmas-time, folks! Let's not get too politically correct.

In that vein: Merry Christmas!!

Meanwhile, it's also Chanukah so Happy Chanukuh!

Take those sentiments for what it's worth to you from a Neo-Pagan, Buddhist believer in native spirituality. Jesus was a great man, don't get me wrong, but Gandhi hit the nail on the head when he said, and I quote:
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
To sum up, happy Catholic holiday which usurped the pagan rite of winter solstice!

Love that! That is so true. I jsut have one question...what do Pastafarians celebrate :think: Happy noodlemas to them.. Merry Holy days to you all my dear friends.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Don't forget to smoke your marajuanicah! :mrgreen:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Some generous individual who does not know my children very well, gave us airsoft spring guns for Christmas. They shoot 6mm plastic BBs. We got an AK74 an M16 and two pistols. I'm going to need a box of protective eyewear and a stack of waivers. May god have mercy on my soul.

I must say the M16 is realistic. The butt telescopes. It loads and charges as in real life. The 6mm BBs are slightly larger than the actual ammunition though (5.56mm).
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Come the NWO they could come in very handy.
trang

Post by trang »

Happy holidays to all!! Whichever you celebrate!! Including festivas!!!!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."