Most Hilarious News Story Ever

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Most Hilarious News Story Ever

Post by Sandwurm88 »

"Man who acts as Patriots mascot arrested in sex sting"

Intrigued?? Basically Rhode Island, along with Nevada was, as of a few months ago, the only state in which indoor-prostitution in legal...

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A man who acts as a mascot for the New England Patriots is among 14 people who have been arrested for prostitution-related crimes in Rhode Island since a new law went into effect that banned indoor prostitution.

The bill signed into law in November made prostitution a misdemeanor crime regardless of where it occurs. Previously, indoor prostitution was allowed because of a legal loophole.

State Police say Robert Sormanti of Warwick was among those arrested in an undercover sting at a hotel. The Providence Journal reports Sormanti is among the team's mascots.

The Patriots said in a statement that multiple people wear the mascot costume and that the "individual in question" has been suspended.

A phone message left at Sormanti's home Friday evening was not immediately returned.

Copyright 2009 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

I personally found this frickin' hilarious. Any news story involving a mascot being arrested for some sort of sexual endeavour is comedy gold in my opinion.

P.S - Oh yeah, I found this on sportsline.com/nfl and some guy on the comments section had this to say:

- "Was he...In the mascott uniform?

That would be funny."

and...

- "THE REAL ISSUE HERE--I really hope that strip clubs in Rhode Island are as fun as they were prior to November.... A friend of mine referred me to a Rhode Island club where we really had a blast...

Now, every trip I would take up to Maine, I would stop off at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun, then continue on 95 into Providence to stop at a particular club that allowed more than what we are used to in PA/NJ... IT IS GREAT!!!

Do I need this in my life?? No, but damn it is one hell of a novelty!!! It would be sad if you can't touch, and they aren't as promiscuous as they were..."

I'm not sure which one he's talking about, but I personally pass "Cheaters", "Lust: Above Desire" and "The Foxy Lady" on my way to school, and I am betting it is the Foxy Lady, because they have a semi-famous routine there... I ain't sure exactly what it is, but I have a general idea, and doubt it would be forum-appropriate.