Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

New Bigfoot Picture

Post by Freakzilla »

Bigfoot in the northwoods? Camera picks up strange image near Remer
By Molly Miron
Bemidji Pioneer
Updated: 12/10/2009 11:40:20 PM CST

Tim Kedrowski said his motion-activated camera captured this image of a black creature, about seven feet tall, striding through a stand of trees on his land near Leech Lake. Tim Kedrowski and his sons, Peter and Casey, are not pushovers for Bigfoot stories, but a frame on a game trail camera set up on their hunting land north of Remer has left them in a quandary.

"To us, it's very hard because we lean toward the skeptical type," Kedrowski said in a telephone interview from his Rice, Minn., home.

But after checking with neighbors and any other hunters who might have been walking through the dense woods at 7:20 p.m. on the rainy night of Oct. 24, he said they couldn't imagine what else the image could be. Tim said he considered ideas from a bear to a bow hunter in a fuzzy suit. But the arm and hand couldn't be a bear's, or its upright gait. And there is no evidence in the photo of a bow or flashlight a hunter might be using to track a wounded deer.

The Kedrowskis checked the Minnesota Bigfoot Web site and came up with the names of Don Sherman and Bob Olson, the Northern Minnesota Bigfoot Research Team.

Sherman is the facilities manager for the Cass Lake Indian Health Service Hospital, and Olson is an auto body repairman in Deer River.

Sherman has responded to numerous area Bigfoot sighting reports and has made casts of footprints. He said he once caught footage of a Bigfoot on a thermal imaging camera and heard its warbling call.

When Sherman saw the image the Kedrowskis sent him, Tim said the researcher responded that he believes it is a picture of a Bigfoot. Sherman went with the Kedrowskis to the photo site and measured

the height of the creature in comparison the sapling next to it. He determined the animal is about 7 feet tall.
"I've hunted there for 43 years," Tim said of their property near Shingle Mill Lake. "I've seen one bear off my deer stand. I've seen three timber wolves."

Casey Kedrowski said he and his brother had gone out to the family's hunting shack prior to deer season to bring in firewood and make other preparations. They set up a game trail camera to see what might be wandering around their property.

Casey said he and his brother were the only people who knew where the camera was located. They took the camera down when deer season started, and a couple of weeks later checked on what they had caught.

When they came to the picture of the long-armed creature walking upright, Casey said, "We just looked at each other. Each of us thought we were playing a trick on each other."

When they determined that neither of them had pulled a prank on the other, they checked to see if anyone had been in the area that night. Tim said the only neighbors were two elderly hunters in their own shack, neither of whom matched the size and appearance of the creature caught on camera.

However, he said, when he asked the men about

the night the camera clicked on the mystery, they said they had gone out about 2 a.m. to use the outhouse and had heard strange squealing noises. Tim said he asked them to show him the direction of the sounds. They pointed to the area where the camera had been, although they had no idea of its location.
Tim said he just released the photo and permission for its publication last weekend.

"It was deer season and we wanted to concentrate on deer hunting, and (we) really wanted to talk to people in the area and ... make sure they weren't scamming us," he said. "We're not 100 percent sure, obviously. After visiting with (Sherman and Olson) we feel they've done a lot more investigation. That's why we put it in their hands."

Sherman said the Northern Minnesota Bigfoot Research Team started receiving reports of Bigfoot sightings in 2006 and has had reports every year since, including four reports this year. He said the first reported sighting he investigated was from a man running a road grader near Six Mile Lake south of Lake Winnibigoshish. Sherman said he was able to make casts of the footprints. A more recent sighting report was by a truck driver.

"I've talked to this guy — this was last year — he was coming from Crosby (Minn.) with a load of lumber by Washburn Lake," Sherman said. "It had hands, he said, like baseball mitts. It took three steps to cross the road. He was pretty shook up."

In spite of such seemingly credible reports, biologists remain unconvinced.

"Personally, I don't buy the fact this thing exists," said Blane Klemek, assistant wildlife manager with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources in Bemidji.

"There are certainly species that are discovered each year -but megafauna — rare is it a big mammal is discovered," he said.

He noted the belief that the ivory-billed woodpecker is not extinct after all is based on a fleeting, indistinct video image of some kind of woodpecker recorded in 2004 in the Big Woods of Arkansas. No other sightings have been reported.

He also noted than no one has ever found a Bigfoot carcass.

"All organisms die; they don't just go away," Klemek said. "You'd think someone someday would find one."

Evan Hazard, Bemidji State University retired mammalogist, also expressed doubt about the Bigfoot's existence.

"I just don't know," he said. "My background in mammalogy makes me skeptical, not expert. My inclination is to say we really don't have good evidence."

Hazard said proof would be a clear photo matched with footprints at the same site — multiple pieces of overlapping evidence.

Sherman said the research would go on. He said he believes the Bigfoot is intelligent and perfectly at home in the woods.

"That's why they're so elusive," he said. "They know the woods better than any hunter because they live it."

One thing the hunters agree on is that even if they could produce a carcass for examination, they wouldn't shoot a Bigfoot.

"Absolutely not — no way," said Tim. "I asked my sons would they shoot it, and they said no. It has every right to live."

"I've talked to people who've had them in their sights and their scopes, and they said they couldn't pull the trigger," she Sherman.

He urged anyone who wants to report a Bigfoot sighting or evidence of the creature to call him at 218-308-1451 or Olson at 218-246-8493.

"We've got all kinds of equipment, night vision, cameras, listening devices," Sherman said.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_13968657?src=yahoohome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Dune Nerd

Re: New Bigfoot Picture

Post by Dune Nerd »

Why are these images always so shitty?

With technology and cameras being what it is, why are pictures always so fuzzy? This looks like a ploy to me, I wish that they would find a dead body of one of these things so that we could classify it and end the whole discussion.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That'll never happen.

The ET UFOs pick them up and carry them to Mars for burial with their ancestors in the mausoleum under the Cydonia Face.

That or the chupacabras eat them. ;)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

They're always fuzzy because there is no bigfoot. :wink:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Bigfoot is Fuzzy = Picture is Fuzzy
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Your visual acuity is compromised by your skepticism. Admit you are wrong, and everything will just clear up for you. Those are words to live by, young man. :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, just ignore him. He's an alien/human hybrid in the pay of secret black-ops government organizations! :P

(Anyone else follow the Marilyn Martin Chronicles on Amazon? :lol: )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Dune Nerd wrote:Why are these images always so shitty?

With technology and cameras being what it is, why are pictures always so fuzzy? This looks like a ploy to me, I wish that they would find a dead body of one of these things so that we could classify it and end the whole discussion.
The camera used was designed to be strapped to a tree for long periods and take a picture every time it's integral motion sensor was activated.

They can be up to 6 MP but there's no telling how old theirs was.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rentpage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

To be or not to be is that the question?

Wonder if we can get some of those recordings of Bigfoot howling and get some one with some linguistic skills and develop a basic understanding of the bigfoot language.

Then we can set up some more motion activated cameras in heavy reported areas. We could put up a sign in the language or a speaker announcing for any bigfoot to come on up to the camera and give us a big smile and model for the camera???

..........Not.

I have enjoyed the mystery of bigfoot, nessy, chupacabra, UFO's, hanger 13, etc since I was a wee laddy of 8. Just a fun part of things going on, I just leave the jury out on these...if some one comes up with something concrete... Would just make it that much more interesting. With mother nature .... Anything is possible.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

.twincitiescom wrote:But after checking with neighbors and any other hunters who might have been walking through the dense woods at 7:20 p.m. on the rainy night of Oct. 24, he said they couldn't imagine what else the image could be.
Copied for posterity. Outstanding!!
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

It's a guy in a black raincoat...

You can see on the right wrist where his gloved hand is obviously separate from the jacket. And you'd think that his leg more be more muscular, but it looks like a pant leg, with slight creases.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Dune Nerd wrote:Why are these images always so shitty?
Amazing, isn't it? :wink:

All of these big mysteries — Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, UFOs, little green men from Mars — seem to come with a distortion field that, amazingly, prevents clear pictures from being taken! ZOMG!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe the batteries were old or affected by the cold?

One of my uncles and his three sons have had those cameras rigged up around their houses for like the last ten years or so. (They get a lot of deer coming through their yards & gardens and raccoons and other wahldlahf trying to get into their garbage, etc. They all hunt, too.) Even the first models they had (polaroids IIRC, fer chrissakes) took better pix than that.

Sometimes even pix don't prove it happened. ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Sometimes even pix don't prove it happened. ;)
sometimes pictures prove it didn't happen ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

It's a guy in waterproof gear. Dark blue waterproof gear. The surface is clearly fabric, and you can see a horizonal line near the waist where the jacket and pants meet.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
trang

Post by trang »

It does appear to have some horizontal and vertical lines inconsistant with bigfoot. The oddities are the figure is over 7 feet tall (not uncommon human size but rare) and IIRC the bigfoot investigators. Went out and gathered bigfoot print casts. Neither impossible to fake, just seems a lot for someone to go out of their way if the photo takers arnt the perps themselves. The hardest to fake is the depth of th footprints.. Being most casts figure out to between 700 and 900 lbs... That's usually an indicator. If a fake... The person would be carrying a lot of weight and the gate of their walk would be very short.

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

It doesn't look like it's a night vision camera so it must have had a flash. I find it hard to believe that someone walking throught the forest at night wouldn't be completly freaked out by a flash going off right beside them. And who goes off without a flashlight in the middle of the night and in the middle of a forest? Anyone would have investigated a flash going off right beside them and the camera would have more shots...or it freaked them out so much that they ran and didn't give the camera time to take more.

It was a hoax, or it was really bigfoot. I don't buy the hunter walking through the forest bit.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Then it's a hoax.

'Cause as much as I love the idea, I don't buy the existence of Bigfoot. ;)
trang

Post by trang »

If no belief in Bigfoot, maybe the abominable snowman aka Yeti? I believe they have had reports of those in the high mountains in Japan even?

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If it was privately (I beleive it is) owned land, and someone was hunting there without permission...
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Good point, that would make a lot of sense and explain why they didn't look for what made the flash and why they were wearing dark clothes.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

trang wrote:If no belief in Bigfoot, maybe the abominable snowman aka Yeti? I believe they have had reports of those in the high mountains in Japan even?
Oh hell, trang, there's been reports of Elvis sighted in the Jusco just down the road from me. Reports don't mean anything here! :lol:

You know, it's just like Mulder on the X-Files: I want to believe. It's just that there's no real evidence yet. Nor compelling scientific theory explaining what they might be.

Oh well. :(
trang

Post by trang »

just messing with ya SC, I want to believe that some day Linda Carter/Wonder Woman will come to my house and swoop me off and we can find paradise(island) by the invisible jet's dash board lights. But I dont see any evidence of that happening either. (yes I know she is 56.. but she looks dam good to me still!!)

Fun to watch, wait, listen, see what comes up, and keep the mind, body, and senses open.

Maybe Yeti and Bigfoot will come down out of the mountains into the open in December of 2012?

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I know, big guy, I just need something to vent about. :P
trang wrote:Maybe Yeti and Bigfoot will come down out of the mountains into the open in December of 2012?
Well, if ole fartass Kevin J[esus did I just shit myself? Becca, I think I just think I shat myself! Gadddammit, I'm turning into that fucking "I just did a poo!" vegetable Herbert!] Anderson had stayed holed up (accent on the hole) in that cabin much longer, there'd have been a general stampede of wildlife out of 'em in December 2009! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Idahopotato

Post by Idahopotato »

Freakzilla wrote:If it was privately (I beleive it is) owned land, and someone was hunting there without permission...
I don't think dressing up like big foot just to hunt private land is the wisest of ideas. At least someone might hesitate shooting a human that was poaching their land. But a big foot? I am pretty sure all they would see is dollar signs and an Oprah interview as they squeezed the trigger.