Dogs

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

chanilover

Dogs

Post by chanilover »

Now we've pretty much broken the back of the work needed on the house and have a garden at last after living in an apartment for a couple of years, I'm thinkign of getting a dog, probably from a rescue centre.

Anyone have dogs here? Tell me all about them, and post some pics.

I want a border collie but they're usually mental so maybe not.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
inhuien

Re: Dogs

Post by inhuien »

They're not mental they're intelligent and energetic, but if it's going to be alone all day long get something else.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I have had a long series of retreivers and spitzs in my time, but have no dogs now because the wife resists getting a new one. The last I had were two spitzs: A Schipperke mutt, named The Fox (small Dutch mouser) and a pure Jin-Do, named Leelu (a Korean guard dog), both females. They were both wonderful and I miss them dearly. the Schipperke lived over 19 years. Ive also had a chocolate lab (Guiness), a Chesapeake lab (Sam), a golden retriever (Rhett), a black lab (Jamie) and an Irish Setter (Shannon). The setter was nuts. I gave her to a rancher friend of mine. She now lives the happy life running the ranch and attacking cattle, swine and partridges at will. All the others were perfect companions.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

This is my dog!!
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Apologies for the picture being too big.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

He's cute, no!??
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Very cute.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Hopefully, if I did it correctly, this will take you to the picture I put up of our dog.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1710&p=63129&hilit=Wolfgang#p63129

We got Wolfgang from a friend of ours. His mother was/is a full blooded Boxer. We think the father had lab in him, not for sure because the mother got out of her pen and when she came back she had already done the deed and her owners never saw the father.

I love him, although he is suppose to be my husband's dog. I think mutts are the best dogs. We keep Wolfgang as an inside dog. What ever type of dog you get, make sure you have the time and patience to train them well.

If possible, I would suggest getting him when you or your partner can have a few days off to get to know the pup and the pup get to know y'all. And keep it on a schedule.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Eyes High wrote:Hopefully, if I did it correctly, this will take you to the picture I put up of our dog.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1710&p=63129&hilit=Wolfgang#p63129

We got Wolfgang from a friend of ours. His mother was/is a full blooded Boxer. We think the father had lab in him, not for sure because the mother got out of her pen and when she came back she had already done the deed and her owners never saw the father.

I love him, although he is suppose to be my husband's dog. I think mutts are the best dogs. We keep Wolfgang as an inside dog. What ever type of dog you get, make sure you have the time and patience to train them well.

If possible, I would suggest getting him when you or your partner can have a few days off to get to know the pup and the pup get to know y'all. And keep it on a schedule.
Wolfgang looks like a bit of a bruiser! :lol: I'd forgotten about the Our Dogs picture thread.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Sandwurm88 wrote:This is my dog!!
That's a really cute dog, I want one.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

chanilover wrote:
Sandwurm88 wrote:This is my dog!!
That's a really cute dog, I want one.

Just remember the cute little ones grow up. :animals-dogrun: (And sometimes they are not so little.
chanilover wrote: ...

Wolfgang looks like a bit of a bruiser! :lol: I'd forgotten about the Our Dogs picture thread.
He's a 100 lbs. overgrown baby. Although, I admit, when Spiff is tickling me, Wolfgang will come to my rescue; however, sometimes his 'rescues' are worse than what he is rescuing me from.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

we have a Jack Russell Terrier called Zoe.

Zoe doesn't like foxes.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I don't think the Foxes are mad about Zoe either. :lol:
lotek

Post by lotek »

merge :)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1710&hilit=our+dogs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

nampigai wrote:we have a Jack Russell Terrier called Zoe.

Zoe doesn't like foxes.
:lol: Dinner is served. Those are cute dogs as well, but they can be a bit too yappy.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

You should get a dachshund! They're smart, and adorable. Plus they're easy to train and easy to take care of.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Corgies. MUST be corgies! :P
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

chanilover wrote:
nampigai wrote:we have a Jack Russell Terrier called Zoe.

Zoe doesn't like foxes.
:lol: Dinner is served. Those are cute dogs as well, but they can be a bit too yappy.
only problem with her, is she lags the ability to listen to my commands from time to time. The best thing about her, is that we can take her with us where ever we go. And if people don't like us bringing her, she can stay in a transport box in the car.

@inhuien you're right... I don't think the foxes likes her either ;-)
Last edited by nampigai on 01 Dec 2009 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

cough cough, lotek said merge, twas I who raised the concern about the worrier of wildlife. :P
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

sorry mate! I truly am, but for the last 2 days, everything I've don't has gone wrong :-/ - I'm starting to think that I'm cursed.
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

"Do ya like dags?"

"What? Oh, dogs. Yeah, I like dags."
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

smugetsu wrote:"Do ya like dags?"

"What? Oh, dogs. Yeah, I like dags."
"Yeah, Tommy. Before ze germans get there"
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood