New interview with Bo-Bo

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Redstar

Re: New interview with Bo-Bo

Post by Redstar »

SandChigger wrote:Are you on Facebook, too? Ah, that's right, you are, aren't you. ;)
I feel exposed.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Exposed? Fuck, wait till I start posting the photoshopped pix I been making! :twisted:

Hunchback Jack wrote:Yeah, I actually thought a softer touch might get somewhere, but he just came back with the "if people buy it it must be good, so I'm not going to rock the boat" thing. Disappointing.
Did you listen to any of the interviews, or just read the transcripts?

Gosh darn it all, I could tell he was just too nice a guy, ya know, to play any kind of hard ball! :lol:

AWFUl sorry to hear his house caught fahr, and that he had to go ALL THE WAY TO INDIA to find a publisher for his books.

And while we're at it, let's slam his books! :D
PARAWORLD ZERO, by Matthew Peterson

From School Library Journal
Grade 5–7—The best thing that can be said about this book is that the painfully bad cover art should dissuade anyone from attempting to read it. The prose is ungainly and includes grammatical errors at regular intervals. The plot begins with a dark and stormy night straight out of the Bulwer-Lytton contest: "Rumbling sounds resonated from the darkness above, accompanied by a faint groan of atmospheric indigestion echoing in the distance." It doesn't improve. The story follows young Simon Kent, an orphan and a victim of bullies, as he is suddenly catapulted into a series of adventures by an encounter with a young student of magic. Tonya transports Simon to another "paraworld," one of many parallel universes. They have various adventures with Puds, ancient secrets, magic, space travel, etc., but the narrative is nearly impossible to read, let alone enjoy. If readers are looking for something involving parallel worlds, hand them Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves's wonderful Interworld (Eos, 2007).—Eric Norton, McMillan Memorial Library, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Um ... OUCH? :lol:

Oh. Sweet. Jayzuss ... I just done DAHD and gone t' Heaven! He's got a discussion board! YEEHAW!!!

http://paraworlds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, thank gawd there's a hell for people like me! :laughing-rolling:

(Redstar, you do realize I'm kidding, right? ;) )
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

About the pics? Of course. Whether or not you know my vitals is another matter of concern...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Not to worry. I've already sold them (at a tidy profit!) to a crack team of Chinese spammers and identity thieves in Shanghai who ... even ... as ... we ... speak ... are ... in your base ... looking under your hood! :lol:

(Seriously, isn't the whole moody goth dude thing already passé? ;) )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:HBJ & I have been having a little "discussion" with Peterson in a thread over on the Facebook Dune group (not Official Dune) here.

Another one who thinks interviewing = cyberfluffing. :roll: I honestly feel that if given the time, he would eventually hit all the Classic Preeq excuses & rationalizations.

It's just not worth it.
You guys...Picking on the Mormon kid. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote:Did you listen to any of the interviews, or just read the transcripts?
Actually, neither. :oops:

Okay, I know that's bad, but when I saw his response to your post, I had to chip in. Given that you'd said the hacks had given the same answers in his interview as in all the others, I figured I knew what the content would be.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:You guys...Picking on the Mormon kid. :D
Icing on the cake.

He posted a note to Kevin about the interview being up on KJA's MySpace page. That means he's a FoK.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

SandChigger wrote:Not to worry. I've already sold them (at a tidy profit!) to a crack team of Chinese spammers and identity thieves in Shanghai who ... even ... as ... we ... speak ... are ... in your base ... looking under your hood! :lol:

(Seriously, isn't the whole moody goth dude thing already passé? ;) )
Well, I don't even use Facebook. I figured people would search me out there, so I made a slug account and haven't updated it in nearly a year. Everything you see there is dated to some degree.