Crazy Guitarists

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

othaderak

Re: Crazy Guitarists

Post by othaderak »

Sandwurm88 wrote:I just found out that Living Colour is actually white guys :? :? .
Are you referring to the TV show?
insidiom

Post by insidiom »

360bpm is insane...ive been playing almost my whole life and i cant touch that.

however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time.
i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.

"...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
"that it does."

"A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH

darkness loves bbq
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

insidiom wrote:however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time. i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.
That was a fucking joke of a jam,, the S man should be ashamed of himself. I've rarely heard such an unstructured tuneless mess. For me the best part was at 1:20 when the keyboardest almost played the theme from Europe's "The Final Countdown". The moral of this story is don't jam with 20 stoned percussionists. Santana should be able to produce a more musical fart than this. :(
insidiom

Post by insidiom »

inhuien wrote:
insidiom wrote:however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time. i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.
That was a fucking joke of a jam,, the S man should be ashamed of himself. I've rarely heard such an unstructured tuneless mess. For me the best part was at 1:20 when the keyboardest almost played the theme from Europe's "The Final Countdown". The moral of this story is don't jam with 20 stoned percussionists. Santana should be able to produce a more musical fart than this. :(
:lol:

that was a fan video. a guy named st sanders. he takes live videos of guitar players and overdubs them; makes them sound like shit on purpose.
steve vai and joe satriani are really pissed off by this guy. this is probably one of my favorite videos of his.

anyway, this is his website:
http://www.stsanders.com/old/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ive always liked alex lifeson(rush) and steve howe(yes), chuck schuldiner(death), and muhammed suiçmez (necrophagist), ritchie blackmore (deep purple), etc...
"...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
"that it does."

"A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH

darkness loves bbq
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

insidiom wrote::lol:
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Sandwurm88 wrote:There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.

There are lots of great obscure guitarists! I know guys that will melt your face off but few people have ever heard of them.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Sandwurm88 wrote:There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.

There are lots of great obscure guitarists! I know guys that will melt your face off but few people have ever heard of them.
I probably know one or two more obscure guitarists as well.

Re: Death. Schuldiner + Masvidal = Awesome! Secret Face

If you have a look there are probably a myriad of videos of Schuldiner playing live.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Although Im mostly a bass guy, I've strayed over and started playing guitar.

My favorite guitarist of all time has to be Marty Friedman. For those who dont know who im talking about he was the guitarist mostly known for being in the band Megadeth from 1990-2000.
I hold Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction as the best thrash metal albums ever.. His picking technique is so unique its just crazy, and his improv skills are so impressive to me the way he can go through chord progressions... And GOD I WANT HIS HAIR!!!
Him and Jason Becker in their 80s bank Cacophony

Hangar 18

Tornado of souls

I love Petrucci, Brian Carrol, Campese, Cantrell, Satch, Vai, Zappa, too many to list. I seen in a post that someone thought Herman li was good. I'll admit hes good on the record, but live..... is quite a different story. His sweep picking is so choppy off the record, and making a band name after a Sega Saturn game doesnt make you gods, just not a great fan of him.