rape-rape

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Schu

rape-rape

Post by Schu »

So guys, I'm wondering. If drugging then having sex (including anal) with a 13 year old, even though she said no, is not rape-rape, and is just some grey area kinda rape, what does one have to do? Pull out a knife? Kill her and rape her corpse? Not be a movie director?

http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-ro ... -rape+rape" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously, I fuckin' love Whoopi, but what is she on??
lotek

Re: rape-rape

Post by lotek »

yeah it's a bloody shame that is...
I don't really care what movies Polanski did, even if i did like some of them, all that talk of letting it lie because he's a "genius artist" is utter BS!
He's either guilty or not isn't he?

I don't care much about what these people do or not, but on the contrary I care for a justice system that strikes the anonyms and the rich and famous equally(i know it's not the case but i still maintain my position)

Spice is the worm's gonads.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I recall hearing about this on some celebrity scandal docu... It made it out like they'd settled it or something without conclusive evidence and everyone got over it.

Strange how sexual predators' minds work.
lotek

Post by lotek »

the girl now woman in her 40s says she did not wish ofr it to be pursued, but it seems that under us law and to prevent forced settlements polanski would still be prosecuted...
truly I don't really care about it, the thing that annoys me is everyone going he should be forgiven because of his talent...
not for some other reason, prescription, the pardon of the victim, or what have you...

No because he's famous period.
What a sad world we live in!
Last edited by lotek on 02 Oct 2009 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Sounds like rape-rape to me, at least it would be in English law where you'd be convicted of rape if you didn't reasonably believe the other party was consenting. This is quite a new development, there used to be something called the Morgan defence where a man could claim he genuinely believed the woman consented, even if that belief was unreasonable. That defence was scrapped in the Sexual Offences Act 2003, now the man's belief in the woman's consent has to be reasonable. I'm using 'man' and 'woman' as shorthand, but English law recognises anal rape of a man or woman and oral penetration would also be classed as rape.

I think the problem lies in the definition of rape in the particular jurisdiction. Apparently there are some US state jurisdictions where the sex act has to be forcible and the woman is expected to resist to the utmost for the offence to be classed as 'rape', just showing a lack of reasonable belief in consent in the absence of force may not be enough for a conviction of rape, and another charge would be more appropriate, such as indecent assault.

Then again, I haven't read much about this other than he drugged and sodomised a 13 year old. Was he convicted or just charged before he did a runner?

Whoopi Goldberg is a fucking moron, under any person's definition.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

This involves a child, which under U.S. law in all jurisdictions is a strict liability crime. That means that if you do it, you are guilty no matter what your state of mind or belief is. But in my mind it is only made worse by the facts of the case: giving her booze and drugs, forcefully taking her, she says "No! No!"

The guy got off light the first time. But now he has been on the lam for decades. I hope that they throw the book at him and never let him out.
Was he convicted or just charged before he did a runner?
Polanski had basically settled with the State. He had agreed with the prosecutor to do 42 days in jail and admit culpability, but the judge disagreed with the light term of incarceration and set a new date for a sentencing hearing. Polanski was out on bail and jumped before the next hearing.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

A novel by Dutch novelist "Afth" ( = A.F.Th. van der Heijden ) is a sort of "what if" story about Polanski convicted for the crime and because he is a celebrity locked up in the same prison as Charles Manson; eventually the two become a work team sweeping the prison's floors. Great conversations between the two drag you into this fictional story and back into time.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I was thinking "what, so if someone evades the law long enough they get off free?" the whole time this was on the news.
If it was consentual, and she was 16 or 17 then fine. But 13? WTF? And drugged. Fuck him, throw him in jail and let poetic justice commence upon his ass.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Minors cannot consent to sex.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Schu

Post by Schu »

It couldn't be much more rape without killing her and fucking her corpse (literally, not the figurative kind we usually talk about). Pretty damn non-consensual.

At the very least, he's bailed the country, resisted arrest, blah blah blah. I can see the idea of "It's been so long, maybe we should just forget it" but 1- the now-woman doesn't need to be part of it, questioned or anything, he's already been convicted, just not sentenced (sure, media will give her a hard time, but they do that regardless), and 2- not sentencing him gives the impression that three levels of rape (pedophilia, her saying no and drugging her) are still ok if you don't get caught/skip the country.

Serkanner - Manson was responsible for his wife's death.... sounds like a bit too unlikely a story there.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

rape rape is rape.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Schu wrote:
Serkanner - Manson was responsible for his wife's death.... sounds like a bit too unlikely a story there.
It is, but because of a previous accident Manson is hard to recognize so the Polanski character has to figure out whether it really is Manson or not. The story is a magnificent read about character development ( the why question ) and strongly philosophical when handling issues like guilt and forgiveness, for instance.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
MICAH

Post by MICAH »

somebody help me out, but why wasn't woody allen ever prosecuted?
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Over what? Soon-Yi was 22 when they began their relationship.
MICAH

Post by MICAH »

ahhhhhh! I thought she was in her teens. thanks for the clarification :D
lotek

Post by lotek »

MICAH wrote:somebody help me out, but why wasn't woody allen ever prosecuted?
because she was not really his daughter-daughter :)
Schu

Post by Schu »

yeah, it's not incest-incest. It's just fucking creepy.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I need to adopt me a 17-y-o korean girl.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

one of my friends has this 17yr old sister, that's pretty nice(for a kid)and the bloke going out with her is 24...
if that was my sister the guy would still be runnin' :puke:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

My daughter isn't leaving the house until she's 18.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I don't watch the View, can't stand to hear those dingbats talking.

Have any of you read the girl's testimony? It's disturbing, Polanski deserved the 50yr sentence. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... ski29.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
lotek

Post by lotek »

had to stop the read, it felt too unconfortable...
die in a fire polanski, don't give a shit you're famous with famous friends!
It seems the Holywood bunch did not get too involved, here in France our moronic Ministre de la Culture(who likes young boys himself_I don't care about his sexual orientation btw)rushed to his defence, while many other cultural figures did the same!

I can't believe how people react differently to the same acts depending on the person reponsible, if it'd been your typical paedophile they'd have the stake ready :puke:
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

This really ticks me off. I am so tired of the BS about when rape is 'not rape'

Rape is rape is rape.

Yes there are some rapes which are worse than others, i.e. more violent. But the persons who was rape still suffers from all the stages of the aftermath whether there where any physical marks left on them or not.

It doesn't matter how long ago it happened. It could be two days or twenty-five years later and the smallest things can trigger a memory. The 'victim' could have moved on with their life and go for long periods of time and not even think about it and all of a sudden a sight, a sound, a touch, even a simple smell can trigger a 'flashback'.

I don't care who the heck he is and what he has went through. He raped a CHILD plan and simple. He never served his time. It is way past time that he man up and face the punishment for what he did.

More power to the woman if she forgave him. There are people who have been raped who wind up forgiving their attackers because they don't want the anger to eat them up anymore. They forgive so they can be healed. The forgiveness is for their own benefit not that of the attacker.

And if Whoopi had ever been raped she wouldn't have been up there arguing semantics about charges.

Yes, I know there are people out there who cry rape falsely, which makes it harder for those who tell the truth. Rape is already hard enough to report as it is, with people saying things like 'she must have asked for it' or it was 'a misunderstanding' or some other BS. This kind of nonsense makes it even harder.

Well I think I better stop right now.

Just one questoin first:
Would those who are on his side do the same if he had been a guy from a trailer park and the girl a celebrity?

This child could not give consent. Case closed. It was RAPE.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
trang

Post by trang »

Few kind words for Whoopi and the view: HAVE A COKE, AND SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALREADY.

I believe in the rule of law, period. I have heard about this Polanski case for years, and it pisses me off everytime. The fucker should be killed on the spot for this. Pedaphila, Rape, Sodomy, Boozing/Drugging... the collage of offenses is maddening.

Left the catholic church over this very same type issue, 15000 reported cases of priests doing the nasty with alter boys or other related church minors. The cover up, shell game, and utter lack of prosecution was more than I could handle.

and check this out, just a couple months ago here at my work, one of our day crew people went no call no show for like 4 days. No one knew what the fuck happened to him.. my coworker was just messing around on the internet (page called casenet or something) and found a website that you can look your name up and see if there are any pending legal cases against you.

He jokinly put in the day workers name, and low and behold, he had been picked up for charges of having sex with a minor, from back in may.

He ended up pleading guilty, and the minor turned out to be his own daughter!! 14 years old.

HE should be killed too!!

So kinda sensitive to this issue.

Again... Whoppi and the view... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

The Rule Of Law RULES... Prosecute these fuckers to the farthest reaches, and hope they die horrible deaths!!!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

Rape = rape. Period.

If this were any average guy we were talking about, who met an underage girl and then plied her with drugs and alcohol, he'd be in prison by now. Hell, the inmates in prison would have killed him by now. Polanski doesn't deserve special treatment simply because he's famous, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fact that he ran like a little bitch should double whatever sentence he gets.

Oh yeah, and OJ did it.