Younger generation of readers.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: Younger generation of readers.

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Man, are you stoned? You already started this thread and several people have already replied. :?
KJA Special Forces

Post by KJA Special Forces »

how come i do not see it anywhere, I asked if it was deleted by Admin, he said I deleted it by acciedent maybe.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
KJA Special Forces

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Man, are you stoned? You already started this thread and several people have already replied. :?
What does stoned mean?

In my home, stoned is a form of punishment for people that brake the law. It means to have stones thrown at you. One the reasons my parents moved to the USA.

THING OF ENERNAL - The point you had made about new dune fans being confussed is not true in my experience. I only found new enjoyment with the older books, as I started with KJA and BH books and went back to the older ones. I have trouble with the last 3, they are so complicated and difficult to follow. In God Emperor I never know if Leto is talking or thinking. That is confussing. but nothing from the new books confussed me about the old dune books. Do you have an example?
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
A Thing of Eternity

Here is the thread you started already, it's just 5 or 6 threads below this on in the Ghafla forum.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1787

As for examples of people being confused, you'd have to head over to DN, which is where the posts were. I do remember one person who thought Frank Herbert had screwed up and forgotten about house Vernius (or whatever it's called), they showed up at the forum one day complaining about FH's writing skills, pointing out that house Vernius owed the Atreides a lot and would have shown up to help them when they were in trouble on Dune.
A Thing of Eternity

Oh, and "stoned" means intoxicated.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:oops:

There's you post, sorry.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
KJA Special Forces

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Here is the thread you started already, it's just 5 or 6 threads below this on in the Ghafla forum.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1787

As for examples of people being confused, you'd have to head over to DN, which is where the posts were. I do remember one person who thought Frank Herbert had screwed up and forgotten about house Vernius (or whatever it's called), they showed up at the forum one day complaining about FH's writing skills, pointing out that house Vernius owed the Atreides a lot and would have shown up to help them when they were in trouble on Dune.
Thats a good example actually. I did wonder about why that house was not in the older novels. Sorry I could not see my thread at all, and when I asked Freakzillah he said "I think you deleted it"

I do not drink alchohal so I am not stoned.
A Thing of Eternity

No problem, I just assumed you were duplicating threads randomly, we have a few drunk posters from time to time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sorry, I didn't have time to search for it, I'm at work. I didn't see it in latest posts.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'll delete this one if you like. :)
~Pink Snowman
KJA Special Forces

Freakzilla wrote:Sorry, I didn't have time to search for it, I'm at work. I didn't see it in latest posts.
Thats how I looked for it also.
KJA Special Forces

Freakzilla wrote:I'll delete this one if you like. :)
sure, less confussion
A Thing of Eternity

I'd vote to just combine them, both have had enough different points.
KJA Special Forces

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'd vote to just combine them, both have had enough different points.
That almost sounded like "valid" points.

Am I even close?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'd vote to just combine them, both have had enough different points.

Am I even close?
He was talking about us. So...no.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
A Thing of Eternity

Nekhrun wrote:
KJA Special Forces wrote:

Am I even close?
He was talking about us. So...no.
yeah, I was actually talking about our responses.

I think you make an obvious point about why we should just accept KJA's work, but it's one that's been repeated and repeated and debunked and debunked for years now.