What is a troll?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Drunken Idaho

Re: What is a troll?

Post by Drunken Idaho »

The only reason you've been "winning" all the arguments so far, as you say, is because no one wants to debate too much with someone who seems like they're probably lying about their affiliation. I'd love to get into a proper conversation about why KJA's writing is awful, but I feel like I'd be wasting my time with a troll.

Proof is essential if you want us to take you seriously. If you are who you say you are, please persuade some KJA fans to join us. I'm not talking about an invasion, just a healthy discussion. I can't speak for my fellow board users, but I promise to keep it absolutely civil.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
lotek

Post by lotek »

bring'em on I say!
Bring'em on!!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Drunken Idaho wrote:The only reason you've been "winning" all the arguments so far, as you say, is because no one wants to debate too much with someone who seems like they're probably lying about their affiliation. I'd love to get into a proper conversation about why KJA's writing is awful, but I feel like I'd be wasting my time with a troll.

Proof is essential if you want us to take you seriously. If you are who you say you are, please persuade some KJA fans to join us. I'm not talking about an invasion, just a healthy discussion. I can't speak for my fellow board users, but I promise to keep it absolutely civil.
As will I. But you need to start presenting some legitimate reasons why you think KJA is great.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Drunken Idaho wrote:I can't speak for my fellow board users, but I promise to keep it absolutely civil.
Yes, speaking for me on that respect would be decidedly unwise. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandChigger wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:I can't speak for my fellow board users, but I promise to keep it absolutely civil.
Yes, speaking for me on that respect would be decidedly unwise. :lol:
Exactly! :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

KJA Special Forces wrote:my personal Idol
Now I really hope this guy is a troll.
Leto

Post by Leto »

KJA Special Forces wrote: They even told me to stop posting here and stop telling them about what KJASF is doing.
What for a tolerance! Who said :Adolf: : who want a godwin point? :oops:
Kevin is a true peace keeper. So I asked that if I did not give out sectret information and simply continue a polite form of communication going there was nothing wrong with that.
Oh yes, some exclusive rights!!!
Okay, I suck... so bring them on or give us the adress ('cause be sure we won't leave them alone... doing so, we were guilty for "non assistance à personne en danger"* and, in France, that's a crime!! :law-policered: ).

* Sorry, I do not know the equivalent in US :text-blondmoment:
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets
Gurney Halleck
KJA ? Keep Just Away?
Filo
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

The U.S. has a limited versions of those laws at more of a local level. The finale of the popular sitcom "Seinfeld" center around the main characters being put on trial under a new "Good Samaritan" law.
I am shocked and chagrined, mortified and stupefied. This trial is outrageous! It is a waste of the taxpayers’ time and money. It is a travesty of justice that these four people have been incarcerated while the real perpetrator is walking around laughing – lying and laughing, laughing and lying. You know what these four people were? They were innocent bystanders. Now, you just think about that term. Innocent. Bystanders. Because that’s exactly what they were. We know they were bystanders, nobody’s disputing that. So how can a bystander be guilty? No such thing. Have you ever heard of a guilty bystander? No, because you cannot be a bystander and be guilty. Bystanders are by definition, innocent. That is the nature of bystanding. But no, they want to change nature here. They want to create a whole new animal – the guilty bystander. Don’t you let them do it. Only you can stop them.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

lotek

Post by lotek »

smugetsu wrote:Image
isn't that a bit too cute to be a troll?
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

I wouldn't really describe it as cute, unless I were saying that it is "pure evil mascarading as something cute."

Seriously, those things scare me.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

God, I don't even get into these debates anymore but already I can't fucking stand you. How you can come in here and spray your love and adoration for some hack over the work of a literary genius and legend is all beyond me. Debating you people is like talking to a table.....I have no interest in doing so. It has been proven time and time again that KJackAss has shat all over the Original Dune books with his lack of attention and frankly, lack of respect for the greatest series of all time.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"And the weather in Salt Lake City... cloudy with a distinct chance of piss storms by evening." :lol:
lotek

Post by lotek »

well these guys are either masochists or they enjoy pointless debate and inflaming people with a REAL point of view...

they be trolls we shoot on sight :)
SandChigger wrote:"And the weather in Salt Lake City... cloudy with a distinct chance of piss storms by evening." :lol:
could you give the reference of that quote to satisfy my curiosity? (if there is one of course)
cheers!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:could you give the reference of that quote to satisfy my curiosity? (if there is one of course) cheers!
Think it was kinda "Well that was the news, and here's the weather"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Actually I was just commenting on Crys's sudden angry outburst. It was a good thing. :) )
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Crysknife wrote:Debating you people is like talking to a table.....I have no interest in doing so.
I love Barney Frank for saying that. Tell that misinformed redneck cunt what's what, Barney!
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

SandChigger wrote:(Actually I was just commenting on Crys's sudden angry outburst. It was a good thing. :) )
Hehe, I'm still no Stormin' Mormon. Though they keep sending their missionaries one Sunday out of every month. I still feel shunned in my own neighborhood.

The really sad thing....it's going to snow here tonight. You know, I could have put up with a lot less crap in Hawaii or southern California all these years......
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Crysknife wrote:Debating you people is like talking to a table.....I have no interest in doing so.
I love Barney Frank for saying that. Tell that misinformed redneck cunt what's what, Barney!
:D I was wondering if anyone would notice that!
lotek

Post by lotek »

inhuien wrote:
lotek wrote:could you give the reference of that quote to satisfy my curiosity? (if there is one of course) cheers!
all right, not from a movie or book or tv show, just plain old newscast style :)

Now who's Frank Barney???
:mrgreen:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Come on guys, somebody out Barney.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla's congressman ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

lotek wrote:
inhuien wrote:
all right, not from a movie or book or tv show, just plain old newscast style :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwyjwmY ... re=related[/youtube]

I wish more Democrats had handled these moronic questions in this manner.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
lotek wrote:
inhuien wrote:

Ah yes, that clip brought me much joy.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
lotek wrote:
inhuien wrote:

Ah yes, that clip brought me much joy.
I don't even follow politics and I was laughing my head off - need more politicians answering questions like that. :lol:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity