Patrick Swayze: NEVAR FORGET

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

E. LeGuille

Re: Patrick Swayze: NEVAR FORGET

Post by E. LeGuille »

For some strange reason, I think I've seen that movie.

Don't a bunch of kids during some weird war go on a rampage avenging their parents death or something?
Long Live the Fighters.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

E. LeGuille wrote:For some strange reason, I think I've seen that movie.

Don't a bunch of kids during some weird war go on a rampage avenging their parents death or something?
The prologue of the film explains that Communist ideology has taken root in many nations of the world, especially in South America and Central America, due to falling economic conditions and food shortages. The Soviet Union has experienced its worst wheat harvest in 55 years, and invades the former countries of the Warsaw Pact in Eastern Europe such as Poland, where mass rioting has occurred. Previously, West Germany was forced into disarmament when the Greens Party came into power there, and as such was left helpless to the Soviet onslaught (the film was released 5 years before the fall of the Berlin Wall). These events cause global disruption and tensions, NATO dissolves with the countries of Europe saying "twice in one century was enough", All except 'England' which fights but `they won't last very long` according to Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner (Powers Boothe)[4]. The United Nations is a political non-entity and China is fighting on the American side, suffering 400 million casualties.

The film begins when a normal September morning in the small Colorado town of Calumet is unexpectedly interrupted by the surprise appearance of Soviet paratroopers in the empty fields behind the local high school. As the paratroopers begin their attack and rounding up the townspeople, a small group of teenagers escapes in a truck, obtains weapons and supplies from a store, and flees to the nearby mountains where they had previously hunted with their fathers. The Arapaho National Forest becomes their base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_dawn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Yes! I remember that movie, I was 10 when I saw it though, but that image brought it all back...
Long Live the Fighters.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Powers Boothe is a bad mother fucker, too. Loved him in Deadwood. Loved Deadwood.
need all that on DVD ...

Not as smooth as Sam Elliot, tho, who was also in Road House ... and Jeff Healy.

huh, maybe that's wasn't such a bad movie after all.

nah, it was stupid all get-out ...

Another Swayze movie from back then I liked I can't recall the name of -
he and his brothers (I think) had to go to Chicago (or Detroit ... I don't know)*(we do so many shows in row)
and kiss ass on the Mob with compound bows - sexy scene with him and the chick, he chases
her around while playing "Turkey in the Straw" on a fiddle.

I think that was what was different about him in those movies - he was an "action hero" but
believable as a romantic interest - he was charming and sexy, it made sense when the girl fell
for him. As opposed to say, Sandra Bullock falling for Stallone in Demolition Man.

and yes, assholes, Ghost made me cry. :roll:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008