Xbox Live

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Tyrant Worm

Xbox Live

Post by Tyrant Worm »

Anyone here have Xbox Live? I'm interested in starting a gaming group w/ a Dune theme. My clan tag in Call of Duty 4 is {Leto}, it's awesome. I played a game of Halo 3 with a certain Sloe Man a little while ago and it certaintly was . . . . interesting.

So yeah, hit me up on Live if anyone is interested; my Gamertag is Tyrant Worm.
Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself—a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred.
-The Apocrypha of Muad'Dib
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Sorry old bean not me, the only console I have is an aged PS2 with aa knackerd drive.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

im getting a xbox 360 very soon..ill have to work on my call of duty/halo skillz before i look you up though...shouldnt take long..ive done nothing but play video games since 5th grade..so im pretty good at them ....but i definately will look u up when i get one
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Konman72

Post by Konman72 »

Gamertag = Konman72 (I am nothing if not original)

I mostly play Halo 3, but am not on too much lately due to work. Add me and we can play some time. I'm trying to get CoD4, but I a short on cash due to all of the people who keep stealing my money...like the government.......and the utility companies.
Simon

Post by Simon »

... is pure garbage! That was what the rest of the threads title was, right? :?
Tyrant Worm

Post by Tyrant Worm »

Simon wrote:... is pure garbage! That was what the rest of the threads title was, right? :?
How is Xbox Live pure garbage?
Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself—a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred.
-The Apocrypha of Muad'Dib
orald

Post by orald »

It's Microsoft, so it must be!

*goes on a long pro-open source, pro-Mac speech*

JK. :P

The only console I've owned was the Sega Saturn, I think... :(
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I had one of those, it was great in it's day.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Never got into the whole "pay-to-play" online gaming culture. That's a next generation thing that younger players must endure, IMO. I only play online if it's free, like Counter-Strike Source and of course, the impending Starcraft II :)
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

GamePlayer wrote:Never got into the whole "pay-to-play" online gaming culture. That's a next generation thing that younger players must endure, IMO. I only play online if it's free, like Counter-Strike Source and of course, the impending Starcraft II :)
most pay to play games are better....which is of course why people pay
orald

Post by orald »

Screw paying! Viva-la piracy! Yarr! 8)

I say you need to pay only once, unless there's new material like in MMO's(I still don't care for monthly fees or micro-payments, they're a cash trap).
A new map or "skins" here and there as I understand FPS games get is nothing to require payment, and if you need to pay just to be able to play games online, no matter of "new content" downloads(as I understand Xbox Live to be) then to hell with it.

Look at C&C for example. Can you imagine paying extra cash just to be able to play online? They operate it for free because they make a community that way, and a community will buy more games of the same franchise later on. It's like paying for rutine patches.

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

well i'd like to see you pirate world of warcraft time ..or at least ...i'd like you to show me how..that 15 bucks a month gets old
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Tyrant wrote:most pay to play games are better....which is of course why people pay
LOL :) HL:2 is top shelf, my good man. I'll grant that the jury must wait for the release of Starcraft II, but the first game was also one of gaming's crown jewels.
orald

Post by orald »

Tyrant wrote:well i'd like to see you pirate world of warcraft time ..or at least ...i'd like you to show me how..that 15 bucks a month gets old
Which, again, is why I won't bother subscribing to ANY game that requires monthly fees or micro-payments, no matter how good it's supposed to be.

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

orald wrote:
Tyrant wrote:well i'd like to see you pirate world of warcraft time ..or at least ...i'd like you to show me how..that 15 bucks a month gets old
Which, again, is why I won't bother subscribing to ANY game that requires monthly fees or micro-payments, no matter how good it's supposed to be.
lol..warcraft is awesome..dont be hatin
orald

Post by orald »

I ain't hatin', I be skeptical 'tis all.

Saying something is better just because it costs more is naive.

Anyopne noticed we're talking about MMO's instead of trying to match up on Xbox Live with Tyrant* for a game of CoD 4 or Halo 3?

*Worm :P

loremaster

Post by loremaster »

now now boys....

I find Xbox live a bit steep since the PS3 comes with free online play, afaik.

BUT that said i still pay it (Xbox Live ID: hutch154), mainly because the chance to play the EXCELLENT gears of war online with friends (both online and RL) is worth it. (A FPS where scenery, line of sight, fire corridors and general tactics are actually important, a true wonder IMO).

Halo and even CoD are a bit too anarchic for me, the halo campaign online was fun (4p!) but then in big arena's where everyone is constantly respawning and throwing grenades... and most of the time you are shot while shooting someone else, with no challenge gets a bit tiresome.

I still dont think you can beat Dawn of War (WA, DC and now SS) online as a RTS, perfectly balanced, great fun, looks good on high res + full graphics.

I just wish you could shout down a microphone online like you can on Xbox Live ( till the neighbors bang on the walls, its happened before and no doubt will happen again)
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!