only for the brave of hearing

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

only for the brave of hearing

Post by lotek »

here is a music project i'm working on(and yes there are some people who like this stuff, in case you wondered)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JU7MDJMH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's called 'future pain' some of you should recognize the voice samples, btw the editing's not finished, with me it takes time(i like playing but not clearing up after ;) )
:violin:

nb: put some base on that :whistle:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Re: only for the brave of hearing

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Can you play any instruments?
lotek

Post by lotek »

i can play the saxophone but i don't like it that much, funny enough(9 years of fuckin' school after school that's probably why)

and I use a midi controller
Axiom 25 M audio
and play my synth sounds on that and i loop them with this
loopstation RC50 BOSS

all the drums are made with
korg ESX

and
korg ER1

I have other but I didn't use them on this track :)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I'm listening to it now. :)
lotek

Post by lotek »

E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Pretty sweet, Lotek. I'll critique it soon, as I can divvy up the minutes.

How long did this one take you?
Long Live the Fighters.
lotek

Post by lotek »

E. LeGuille wrote:Pretty sweet, Lotek. I'll critique it soon, as I can divvy up the minutes.

How long did this one take you?
about an afternoon more or less, the longest part is creating the synth, as I start from scratch, but I have the rythmics already made, I just transform them along the way

thing is I try to play my machines(they're not intelligent in case you' want to jihad my sounds :)like I would an instrument.
Most people who do this kind of music don't take much risks and edit everything at home, then when they play that's what they do, just press play ...
IF I wanted to replay this live, I'd have have to redo all the cuts and mixing.

My only concession to this is that this time I'll edit that track to get rid of what I think encumbers it, and adding some voice samples after so I can concentrate on the mix.

This one is my first attempt at creating a track that can be pressed on vinyl and sold to DJs :)

And thanks for listening and giving your opinion too :)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:thanks for listening and giving your opinion too :)
I was keeping my mouth shut re it qualities as I didn't know if you wanted any feedback, but it appears you do.

In order to be a fair as possible I burned it off and put it through my main system of separates. I enjoyed the first 5 minutes or so but didn't feel there was enough going on to hold my interest beyond that, it's crying out for more musical variety. I'm more than likely showing my age here but what style is this, I like Industrial (FLA/242 etc.) and Dance however this was falling between the two. Before I forget, why is it in mono, I ken your tag's lotek, but come on :).

How much more work are you intending here? Is it very much awork in progress? Remember less is more. Sometimes. Fuck it I'll shut up. :)
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

lotek wrote:i can play the saxophone but i don't like it that much, funny enough(9 years of fuckin' school after school that's probably why)

Axiom 25 M audio
I have the same MIDI! :D
Gotta love those semi-weighted touch-sensitive keys, eh?

And that's an interesting track, lotek. I really dig the pads, and there are bits toward the end that I thought sounded pretty unique. Keep it up.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

But is it as good as Ross' "sound"?

"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

I think at about right after 5 minutes, the voice samples should break into silence, the (I don't know the technical name) snares, synth, and everything should just slow down, beating to a hearth rythm, crossfading with some more solid tribal drum action. That's just me, though. If someone could teach me to do all this, I'd do it :P
Long Live the Fighters.
lotek

Post by lotek »

E. LeGuille wrote:I think at about right after 5 minutes, the voice samples should break into silence, the (I don't know the technical name) snares, synth, and everything should just slow down, beating to a hearth rythm, crossfading with some more solid tribal drum action. That's just me, though. If someone could teach me to do all this, I'd do it :P
yeps the voice samples were added afterwards, i usually do everything live on the spot but I felt like trying a different approach, so it's a bit trial and error for that...
about the slowing down/fading, that is my main problem... construction that is :)
As for learning it is not that complicated, with the tools available now all you need is good ideas, the technique is just like learning to use any software ;)
TheDukester wrote:But is it as good as Ross' "sound"?
I don't know that one, let's have a look
watch vid :lol: :lol: "I can't believe i let him touch me with those fingers!" yeah i can relate to that when I played in front of people for the first time it was a disaster but it didn't stop me from trying again(maybe I should have but now it's too late for regrets :))
Drunken Idaho wrote:
lotek wrote:i can play the saxophone but i don't like it that much, funny enough(9 years of fuckin' school after school that's probably why)

Axiom 25 M audio
I have the same MIDI! :D
Gotta love those semi-weighted touch-sensitive keys, eh?

And that's an interesting track, lotek. I really dig the pads, and there are bits toward the end that I thought sounded pretty unique. Keep it up.
I just got the Axiom a few weeks ago, I plug into my pc and use Reason as a infinite rack of machines and effects, and I'm just getting used to those keys(I had a standard midi keyboard whose touch response was not so good)
Thanks for the comment, I think I will try to make something out of that track then(I can still change all the rythmics but I record live play, I don't edit a multi track(record on audacity and then i add voices with their effects)
inhuien wrote:
lotek wrote:thanks for listening and giving your opinion too :)
I was keeping my mouth shut re it qualities as I didn't know if you wanted any feedback, but it appears you do.

In order to be a fair as possible I burned it off and put it through my main system of separates. I enjoyed the first 5 minutes or so but didn't feel there was enough going on to hold my interest beyond that, it's crying out for more musical variety. I'm more than likely showing my age here but what style is this, I like Industrial (FLA/242 etc.) and Dance however this was falling between the two. Before IVart forget, why is it in mono, I ken your tag's lotek, but come on :).

How much more work are you intending here? Is it very much awork in progress? Remember less is more. Sometimes. Fuck it I'll shut up. :)
Hey apart from comments like "what the fuck is that crap it felt like reading Sod but in sounds" I think I can take jsut about anything :)
Variety is the main problem with my kind of music, which is a quite complicated story but it's been qualified as dark by people in the know so I guess it could be called dark tribe.(thing is tekno music here in france has a 15/20 years history, a bit long to tell here but just to understand names might not ring any bells for you as it is a quite unique genre even in europe)
The mono is a bitch I think my sound card is fucked or something, and as I very rarely record my stuff(i play live at parties we throw)so I'm kind of discovering the joys of gain and levels and such
SO yes this is a work in progress, so I'm "brainstorming" there(hey i learned something from all these shitty hacks interviews), i agree about the less is more thing, but one of my big pleasures is to mix frequencies and turn something that should be inaudible into a base that will shake to your innards(literaly speaking :))
Oh and don't worry about your age, just think i'm a crazy irish french guy that spent too much time listening to the
Spiral Tribe

Looong story :)

And thanks for listening y'all :violin: