Never been so bored in my entire li-zzzzzzz ...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Never been so bored in my entire li-zzzzzzz ...

Post by TheDukester »

Seriously, it's a travelogue. And not even a good one:

http://www.wordfire.com/kjablog/2009/08 ... cleveland/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I did perk up at the end:

"Met Brian for a quick drink in the hotel ..."

Okay, Kevin. If you think that's a good idea. Or maybe playing him with liquor is how you got your cushy gig in the first place? :think:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Never been so bored in my entire li-zzzzzzz ...

Post by Freakzilla »

I can imagine Brian sobering up after all this is over when KJA is long gone with the deed to the ranch and thinking, "OMG, what have I done!"
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Our friends Geoff Landis and Mary Turzillo met us at the signing. We had a brief conversation in the coffee shop, and then Brian had to head back to the hotel to check in and decompress.
"had to" as in absolute necessity? (well that's what it means to me when I use it)
"decompress" meaning... ?
strange choice of words for someone who fancies himself a writer...

"then Brian, compelled by a terrible purpose, felt the absolute necessity to rush back to the hotel and release that pressure"
:lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Reading between the lines:

"Brian is old;

Brian gets tired;

Brian is socially retarded;

And none of it really matters because he's just there for the name; I, TheKJA, do all the writing, anyway."
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

and boy does he write!
Kevin J. Anderson is the author of more than one hundred books, 47 of which have appeared on national or international bestseller lists. He has over 20 million books in print in thirty languages.
still got that big numbers fetish too by the looks of it :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

"I got to the hotel with an hour to spare, but Brian and his car encountered "severe delays because of an accident", and they had to divert to the bookstore directly, bypassing the hotel"

"brief conversation in the coffee shop"

"quick drink in the hotel"

Sounds like Brian is suffering from KJA-overload. The poor guy is just trying to escape.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Good point.

I'll bet TheKJA is just a joy to be around, especially on a whirlwind book tour.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Our friends Geoff Landis and Mary Turzillo met us at the signing. We had a brief conversation in the coffee shop, and then Brian had to head back to the hotel to check in and decompress.
TheDukester wrote:Reading between the lines:

"Brian is old;

Brian gets tired;

Brian is socially retarded..... "
Brian had four or five shots & had to be carried into his room ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Yeah I'm still working on the theory, but from what I've read of winds that sounds more like Brian (in that it doesn't sound like KJA at all) it seems almost if there is a hint of apology in Brian's writing. Mostly it centers around all the times in the book in which they discuss Bronso and why he is doing what he is doing: making Paul out to be human.

KJA's discussions of history are very much still attempts to slap his work in the face of the OH.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

Decompress = Get drunk?

I mean...that's what I mean when I say it, so...

Or maybe being around KJA causes an increase in pressure and BH has to literally go decompress so he doesn't come down with the Bends.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

smugetsu wrote:Decompress = Get drunk?

I mean...that's what I mean when I say it, so...

Or maybe being around KJA causes an increase in pressure and BH has to literally go decompress so he doesn't come down with the Bends.
The Lord knows he's driven me to drink on more than one occasion.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

More Bobo drinking here:

http://www.wordfire.com/kjablog/2009/08 ... e-stretch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To go along with a nice laugh at TheKevin's expense:

"The interview was live, on our cell phones, with the background noise of the train whistle and the conductor’s announcements; we got partway through the show, but then we permanently lost the signal."

GOOD. It couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole.
Sev

Post by Sev »

Keith wrote: I went to the hotel restaurant and had a bowl of the soup of the day (very tasty chicken lentil soup) and a small salad, while Brian took a quick shower and changed; he came down into the restaurant just as I finished my rushed meal, and we swapped seats, he ordered the same thing (it was the quickest meal the kitchen could provide), while I ran up to shower and change.
So they're not even eating together any longer :think:
Keith wrote:Outside the cathedral traffic was slowing, curiosity seekers looked at the group of fully armored 501sters who patrolled outside the church steps.
Do these guys make anyone else here cringe? At an SF convention fair enough, but anywhere else :?

And that signing looked anything but large, can see all of 10-12 people :crazy:
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

When I read that I wondered if they weren't sharing a room. One bathroom, only one shower, they can't both be in it at once.

(Well ... OK, they could but ... eeeeew! ... :idea: There's a nasty idea for a new poll: WHICH McDUNE HACK WOULD YOU RATHER SHOWER WITH, KJA OR BOBO?! :lol: :? )

I mean, why else would it make any sense at all for them to alternate showering & eating?

So ... Brian does still drink wine. I wonder if he and the missus still enjoy that one they named their daughter for?

:laughing:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

I would love to be next to KJA in a confined (read: inescapable) place. Boo to the fact that he'd be naked, though...that's just nasty.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:I wonder if he and the missus still enjoy that one they named their daughter for?

Mad Dog? Night Train? Thunderbird? :wink:
~Pink Snowman
smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:I wonder if he and the missus still enjoy that one they named their daughter for?

Boone's Farm? :puke:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:When I read that I wondered if they weren't sharing a room. One bathroom, only one shower, they can't both be in it at once.

(Well ... OK, they could but ... eeeeew! ... :idea: There's a nasty idea for a new poll: WHICH McDUNE HACK WOULD YOU RATHER SHOWER WITH, KJA OR BOBO?! :lol: :? )
I'd take Phuzzy, 'cause I could scrub my ass with his head.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

smugetsu wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Boone's Farm? :puke:
Fat Bastard?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:When I read that I wondered if they weren't sharing a room. One bathroom, only one shower, they can't both be in it at once.

I'd take Phuzzy, 'cause I could scrub my ass with his head.
:lol:

Maybe you could use KJA's head as a shaving mirror?
~Pink Snowman