Looking for the FACTS...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Looking for the FACTS...

Post by SandChigger »

Hunchback Jack wrote:I must admit, while I don't really agree with this practice of not responding to any of RBPs posts ...
ANY of his posts OUTSIDE the ATTN threads until he seriously addresses the questions was my understanding. ;)

Either way, I've put him back into my foe list, so I don't see anything unless someone quotes him.

So don't quote him. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

GamePlayer wrote:I like it :)

Well done, Dukester!
Stole the idea from SandRider. He was busy gathering the evidence to address Brian Conway's Great Internet Conspiracy Of 2009, and I just handed him a bottle of bourbon, said "Look! A reindeer!" and stole it from right under his nose.

+++++

On a more serious note, I actually think it's the way to go, for three reasons:

1. The admins have made it clear that the personal attacks are getting to be a bit much;

2. He's just continually repeating himself at this point, and is thus unworthy of a response;

3. After getting no response in any other threads, maybe he'll drift over to the SIX McDune threads where people actually want to hear what he has to say.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Why does the Guild punish Paul and Bronso for attempting (and in Bronso's case succeeding) to see a Navigator with exile to the Jongleur troop?
What?

No, really ... what?

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros, could you repost those in a new ATTN thread, since this one is more a silly snitfest over something posted on Amazon? ;)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

you mean you can't just put on your Amp cap and do it? Why do i have to be the heavy laborer in this schizophrenic experiment?

sigh, done.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Look, Amp is Chig's *BITCH*. :P

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

oooh you wascally hunchbwak!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Sorry, Amp.

It popped into my head, I typed it in, I clicked Submit.

Bad Hunchback! Bad Hunchback!

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

no cookie !
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shit ... now I've got that silly tune Teg & I did in the musical podcast running through my head. :roll:

"Bitch ... BITCH ... be my bitch! Hack! Be my BITCH!" :shock:
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

That is what I thought. There is no “Provable Fact” and Dukester isn’t man enough to post that he spoke out of turn on the Amazon forum.
Instead, Chiggie is adding me as a Foe, and The Dukester has quit talking (which, in a way is a bonus for me).
Oh, and I have exposed the real truth of the matter – that there is no answer to any of these questions that you would find acceptable because to accept that you may be wrong on even one point is to concede that you may be wrong on more than one point.
The truth is out there… (Not in here).
RBP

Post by lotek »

redbugpest wrote:Tthat there is no answer to any of these questions that you would find acceptable because to accept that you may be wrong on even one point is to concede that you may be wrong on more than one point.
RBP
there must be a easier way to say this!

you can fool one person a thousand times but you can't fool one thousand persons one time...
no wait
you can fool one person once but you can't fool...
sod it i give up
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

A negative review is never removed unless requested by the account holders on Amazon.

Guess who...
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:That is what I thought ... <blah, blah, blah ... more beating of the dead horse ... blah, blah, blah ... lame attempt at humor ... blah, blah, blah> ... (Not in here).
:shhh:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Whether or not Keith is manipulating online book reviews still doesn't make his books not suck.

It doesn't matter whether we accept Red's explainations and interpretations for our issues, the FACT is, FH's books are canon and if Pinky & The Brian had adhered closely to Frank's story and even his general themes, we wouldn't have these issues.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Freakzilla wrote:Whether or not Keith is manipulating online book reviews still doesn't make his books not suck.

It doesn't matter whether we accept Red's explainations and interpretations for our issues, the FACT is, FH's books are canon and if Pinky & The Brian had adhered closely to Frank's story and even his general themes, we wouldn't have these issues.
You’re welcome to your opinion. None of the people that like the new Dune books have ever said that you have to like them.

I have developed a healthy respect for the depth of knowledge you have on the originals, but feel that it is unfortunate that you have chosen to let you site be a haven for the intolerant such as The Dukester and Sandchigger.

Post by redbugpest »

From the Amazon site:

"Are you ready to revise your original statement concerning the "provable FACTS"?"

"Let's see here ...

Let me give that one a lot of careful consideration ...

Okay, I've decided. Are you ready?

Wait for it ...

No. "

This is the kind of BS that discredits your site Freakzilla. Dukester was obviously posting disinformation, and when called on it is sticking by it anyway. It makes all of Jacurutu look to be fools.

Post by TheDukester »

:shhh:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:... FH's books are canon and if Pinky & The Brian had adhered closely to Frank's story and even his general themes, we wouldn't have these issues.
I can trump that one:

If the HLP had decided, 10 or 12 years ago, to continue the Dune series with an author or authors who knew the first thing about Dune, respected Frank Herbert's legacy, took time to craft and revise their work, and weren't out for nothing more than a few dollars, then this site would not even exist.

We'd all be over at DuneNovels.com, discussing how much we appreciate that the new books were being crafted with care.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:... FH's books are canon and if Pinky & The Brian had adhered closely to Frank's story and even his general themes, we wouldn't have these issues.
I can trump that one:

If the HLP had decided, 10 or 12 years ago, to continue the Dune series with an author or authors who knew the first thing about Dune, respected Frank Herbert's legacy, took time to craft and revise their work, and weren't out for nothing more than a few dollars, then this site would not even exist.

We'd all be over at DuneNovels.com, discussing how much we appreciate that the new books were being crafted with care.
I doubt that. I do not think that any author would be "good enough"

BTW the Greg Bear novel is lame so far.

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:I doubt that. I do not think that any author would be "good enough"
I'll actually respond to this one:

You're 100-percent, flat-out dead wrong.

This is a standard preektard argument — and like all of those, it's based on assumptions, misinformation, half-truths, and wishful thinking. I think it might even be on the numbered list.

Without ever lifting my fingers from the keyboard, I can name five authors who I would have loved to see take a shot at Dune: Robert Silverberg, John Scalzi, Dan Simmons, Kim Stanley Robinson, and Neil Gaiman. Boom! There you go. It goes without saying, of course, that all five are infinitely more talented than that Star Wars EU hack who eventually did get hired, and that all five would actually put some time and attention into crafting stories rather than going out and talking to themselves for four weeks and calling it a "Dune" book.

If you want more, we've even discussed this very subject at this site. I even started the thread. I'm sure you'll find a conspiracy in that.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=841&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Amazon removes 1 star reviews. I genuinely hate kja's writing and have provided numerous criticisms for more than 10 years. They are honest and text based dislikes. Amazon will remove them but not the 5 star ones. I wonder why... :roll:

I give anyone credit for even trying to provide that prick with information to his questions, but the time has come to let him do some of that work on his own. It's all here and on Amazon open to the world, unlike kja's treehouse. (BTW, I like the excuse that it's a place they can go where they don't have to worry about us getting in as if any of kja's other sites allow us to comment [e.g. Facebook, MySpace, Dunenovels, Wordfire, Twitter, etc.] none of those allow for dissenting opinions either. Makes me wonder about what's going on at the special site).

Like some of you, I will not be responding to a hypocritical kja apologist who refuses to answer for the crimes against literature we've cited time and time again. The threads are here ready for discussion. I kind of like watching him bounce around from thread to thread trying to get someone to play with him, but now I'm thankful for the ignore feature.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Whether or not Keith is manipulating online book reviews still doesn't make his books not suck.

You’re welcome to your opinion. None of the people that like the new Dune books have ever said that you have to like them.

I have developed a healthy respect for the depth of knowledge you have on the originals, but feel that it is unfortunate that you have chosen to let you site be a haven for the intolerant such as The Dukester and Sandchigger.
When are you going to discuss the issues raised? So far I have only see you whine about other people instead of actually dealing with the issue at hand. There are a number of topics with legitimate questions. Why don't you leave the ones you complain yourself silly about and use your spare-time ( because I assume you are not posting here in the boss's times ) constructively? Just a suggestion.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm starting to develop a callous on my forehead from all the facepalms I've done while reading Winds. And I'm only halfway through.

Oh, and what, I'm not venomous enough anymore? you used to list me in the top 5. whatever happened to what we had there bug? :tissue2:

Or is it that I am crafting my responses with more diplomatic measure towards the reading public and not towards your bile-soaked vendetta against our revelations that your god is a sham?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Funny ... I see no ATTN:PEST in the title of this thread. Why is anyone responding to this coward?