KJA or STD?

Apjak

KJA or STD?

Post by Apjak »

Okay, so I do own a few KJA books. Mostly cause I'm the guy who absorbs and inherits entire libraries from those around me, and the other day, Smugetsu and I were approaching the local used bookstore where I put to him my moral dilemma. Do I sell my KJA's to the bookstore or is that tantamount to giving someone AIDS on purpose? I refuse to burn any book. Books are just sacred to me. Which makes certain abortions on paper even more offensive to me.

So I ask you comrades, what is the best way to deal with this lypoma (fatty tumor) on my bookshelf?
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
GamePlayer
70mm God

Re: KJA or STD?

Post by GamePlayer »

It's your environmental duty to recycle.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I don't see a problem with donating, trading, or selling to a used bookstore. You maybe get something in return, and then those KJA abominations become their problem.

As far as someone else coming along later and buying them, we already know that there is no accounting for taste. Or intelligence. Or discernment. Or reading skills. TheKeith writes to the lowest common denominator, and there's lots of those folks polluting the world and breathing valuable oxygen. So, hell with it: if they want to read KJA's hiked-out crap, let 'em.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I know what you mean. I may go to where TehKJAacket having his book tour on August 9 and sell my copies there. It may be an STD, but it looks like The Book Revue is wanting it... bad. :obscene-sexualbutt:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Don't feel bad about trading them in. It's better if someone buys it used, then they haven't wasted a bunch of their money, and KJA's sales don't go up.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

That's a good point: a trade or sale at a used bookstore adds not a single penny to TheKJA's coffers.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Tleszer wrote:I know what you mean. I may go to where TehKJAacket having his book tour on August 9 and sell my copies there. It may be an STD, but it looks like The Book Revue is wanting it... bad. :obscene-sexualbutt:
Get KJA to sign them, then tell him: "No - Keep them! They're fucking terrible."
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That's an excellent idea. Why don't we start a mail-back campaign to Tor.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Good luck even giving them to a used bookstore. The last one I was in couldn't give away copies of kja NuDune. Pic to follow...
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Schu

Post by Schu »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Tleszer wrote:I know what you mean. I may go to where TehKJAacket having his book tour on August 9 and sell my copies there. It may be an STD, but it looks like The Book Revue is wanting it... bad. :obscene-sexualbutt:
Get KJA to sign them, then tell him: "No - Keep them! They're fucking terrible."
That's fucking awesome.

And yeah, I think you're actually doing a good deed by selling them to a 2nd hand bookstore, because personally if I ever want to get the abominations (for reference), I will buy them in a way that sends no further money to KJA, so I'll look in a 2nd hand bookstore.
trang

Post by trang »

I commend you for wanting to delouse your Dune Collection. I would not wish anyone else to have brain hemorage from the books, so recycle seems the best compromise. Drop them by a paper recycle bin, knowing they will be put to the first good use since their creation.

On the ironic side, maybe the books will be recycled and reprinted back into Frank Herbert Dune books:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

lotek

Post by lotek »

wouldn't it be like those old horror movies where to get rid of the curse you have to pass it on to someone else?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Omphalos wrote:That's an excellent idea. Why don't we start a mail-back campaign to Tor.
Now that's a killer of an idea Omphalos, had I any it would be a done deal.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Omphalos wrote:That's an excellent idea. Why don't we start a mail-back campaign to Tor.

I think amazon.com's already got one of those going ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

trang wrote:I commend you for wanting to delouse your Dune Collection. I would not wish anyone else to have brain hemorage from the books, so recycle seems the best compromise. Drop them by a paper recycle bin, knowing they will be put to the first good use since their creation.

On the ironic side, maybe the books will be recycled and reprinted back into Frank Herbert Dune books:)
But what if they got recycled into more nuDune books? :shock:

I like the idea of mailing it back to the publisher. KJA Sucks.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Apjak wrote:Okay, so I do own a few KJA books. Mostly cause I'm the guy who absorbs and inherits entire libraries from those around me, and the other day, Smugetsu and I were approaching the local used bookstore where I put to him my moral dilemma. Do I sell my KJA's to the bookstore or is that tantamount to giving someone AIDS on purpose? I refuse to burn any book. Books are just sacred to me. Which makes certain abortions on paper even more offensive to me.

So I ask you comrades, what is the best way to deal with this lypoma (fatty tumor) on my bookshelf?
Somewhere near the front page, in permanent ink, write real discretely "FYI, this book sucks ass. Ditch this stinker while you still can."--then turn it into your local second-hand book store :wink:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Omphalos wrote: Why don't we start a mail-back campaign to Tor.
This is awesome.

I think I'm going to do this with my Road to Dune (the only KJA that I've got). Included will be a note about how it's "infecting my other books" or something similar. :lol:

Seriously, let's do this thing!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'll keep my copy of RtD, it's got letters from FH's publishers and unpublished chapters by FH. I've never paid any attention to the KJABH bit.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Some of the books are Star Wars, but the mail back to TOR idea makes me think of the South Park episode when the boys try to get their money back from Mel Gibson for the Passion.

Think KJA'd dress as a cymek and chase me down?
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Apjak wrote:Think KJA'd dress as a cymek and chase me down?
Maybe as one of the Rossak sorceresses?
trang

Post by trang »

I been toying with the idea of sending an email to the Colbert Report and explaining the situation and seeing if he is a Dune fan.

He did a little bit at the end of his show where he sometimes puts things on his mantle in the back of the show. The bit was when the Online Multiplayer game Dungeons and Dragons: Stormreach opened its doors. He seems to have a mild geek streak in him.

Ask him to expose the destroying of the legacy of Dune by KJABH and get those two on the show and interview them, would be hilarious.

He had the band Rush on his show earlier this year, and the drummer, neal pert is supposed to know KJA by KJA's claim.. so might be a connection there.

anyway just a thought.

smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

trang wrote:I been toying with the idea of sending an email to the Colbert Report and explaining the situation and seeing if he is a Dune fan.
Oh God...please do it. If anyone can show KJA for the douche we all know he is, and have it live forever on YouTube, it's Dr. Stephen T. Colbert!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

smugetsu wrote:
trang wrote:I been toying with the idea of sending an email to the Colbert Report and explaining the situation and seeing if he is a Dune fan.
Oh God...please do it. If anyone can show KJA for the douche we all know he is, and have it live forever on YouTube, it's Dr. Stephen T. Colbert!
For the sake of all that is holy, you must do it.

PEER PRESSURE! PEER PRESSURE!
trang

Post by trang »

Tleszer wrote:
smugetsu wrote:
For the sake of all that is holy, you must do it.

PEER PRESSURE! PEER PRESSURE!
Id do it right now from work, but the evil firewall wards off any attempts to go to the colbert site. Once I arrive home I will find the email and compose it and send it in, see if it gets any response.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SPACE ROCKS HO!!! :angry-screaming:

I found on Bad Astronomer that the odds of being struck by a meteorite are 1:700,000. :shock:

COME ON, KEVIN! FEEL LUCKY!!! :laughing:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"