Art

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Art

Post by Freakzilla »

My dad has a new web site: http://kendrickiii.art.officelive.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a sample:

http://kendrickiii.art.officelive.com/D ... 20Race.bmp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Art

Post by SandChigger »

Cool. :)

(Will have to have a better look from the office tomorrow, the big versions are taking forever to load. :( )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I like your dad's stuff, Freak.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I like stuff that's either more impressionist or abstracted from straight realism myself, but your father is obviously an extremely skilled painter, and does an excellent job choosing angles/composition for his works.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Thanks!

Because of my obvious influence, I'm not much of an impressionism fan.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

It's kinda funny, my mom spent years and years learning realism, got fairly near to the point your dad is at (but not quite), and then went to impressionism. She said that was her goal all along, but she had to learn the level of control and precision needed for realism before she could do impressionism properly. The stuff she does now isn't really impressionist, it's more half-way between impressionism and realism. Most of her paintings she donates to charity auctions since she doesn't figure she makes enough off them to worry about lossing the money anyways.

I'll make another thread for her site.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Finally had a good look. :D

(Freak, had you posted a link to the plantation paintings before? That series looked really familiar.... Reminded me of how my mother—a teetotaler—always went on about wanting a mint julep. In fact, I think I've mentioned that before, too. ;) )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Finally had a good look. :D

(Freak, had you posted a link to the plantation paintings before? That series looked really familiar.... Reminded me of how my mother—a teetotaler—always went on about wanting a mint julep. In fact, I think I've mentioned that before, too. ;) )
Yes, it appears this is just a new site with many of the same pictures, some are new though and it says he'll be putting up more of his originals.
~Pink Snowman