Lucky escape!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SadisticCynic

Lucky escape!

Post by SadisticCynic »

Seen this on the news yesterday. Quite amazing:

Lucky escape
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
GamePlayer
70mm God

Re: Lucky escape!

Post by GamePlayer »

It's not impossible that the kid would be unharmed, it's just highly improbable. He would have needed to be hit just the right way and landed just the right way. The video is lousy though. It could almost be photoshopped and there wouldn't be much difference. :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

He was lucky the car knocked him out of it's way and not strait down the stairs.

I find it interesting that the term "freaked out" is commonly used in Turkey. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Freakzilla wrote:I find it interesting that the term "freaked out" is commonly used in Turkey. :wink:
So did I. :)

I didn't think this was impossible, I just think its incredible he didn't get hurt. Also, how does one photoshop a video - frame by frame? :think:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A note about CCTV (Closed Circuit Television): The quality of the video depends on how much money you want to pay for HDD storage. The FPS (frames per second) can be as low as one every other second up to DVD quality. Those cameras run all day long and the storage you want depends on how long you want to keep the video before trashing it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

What an asshole, he almost kills 2 (p)children in order to save a sweet little Puppy
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:What an asshole, he almost kills 2 (p)children in order to save a sweet little Puppy
"The difference between sentiment and sentimentality is easy to see. When you
avoid killing somebody's pet on the glazeway, that's sentiment. If you swerve
to avoid the pet and that causes you to kill pedestrians, that is
sentimentality."

~Chapterhouse: Dune
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

inhuien wrote:What an asshole, he almost kills 2 (p)children in order to save a sweet little Puppy
I meant to point that out as well... oops.

Nice quote Freak, profoundly appropriate.