Has anyone read Mein Kampf ?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Has anyone read Mein Kampf ?

Post by SwordMaster »

Its a good read. Im not trying to advocate the author's ideals

But really it is not surprising why this book was so powerful during that period in history. Obviously, I read the English translation, those always read dry. I have heard in German its poorly written. I also read that they were using it as a business model in India. Ironic and confusing I never saw the business wisdom hidden there.

http://historytodaymagazine.blogspot.co ... india.html
Last edited by SwordMaster on 12 May 2009 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Re: Has anyone read Mein Kampf ?

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

My grampa has one of the rarest translations of Mein Kampf for portuguese. Is this book legally forbidden nowadays, isn't it? Because my grampa's book is very old, and he had to re-cover it.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SwordMaster wrote:Its a good read. Im not trying to advocate the author's ideals, (unless your chigger)

And if you can't, how about you go fuck yourself. :D
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

`
Last edited by SwordMaster on 12 May 2009 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Enough now. Let's act like adults. :naughty:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Eyes High wrote:Enough now. Let's act like adults. :naughty:
But, mom...he started it... :(
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I'd be checking IP addresses right about now. It's clear SoleMan has hacked into SwordMaster's account somehow.

+++++

It's a joke, son. You can relax.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

:shock:

Is that what that was, SM?

Greg, honey, is it supposed to be this soft?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I imagine reading mein kampf would be much like reading the bible. I'm not interested in knowing the totality of either subject. As George Costanza once said, "I know the basic plot" :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

The book itself is more of a self help guide to being "happy" if you can belive it. Although I sapose I get why there is a "start you own company" tone to it. Still ironic that its so popular in Muslum nations, you would think they understand the fact the author compaired them to insects and rodents they might not take kindly towards his writing.

Chigger secretly loves this book for its ideas of wind energy
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

India is predominantly a Hindu nation. I didn't see any mention of Muslims except in the comments.

Like GP, I've never bothered reading the book, either. Could you provide a quote of where Hitler compares Muslims(? Indians? Arabs?) to "insects and rodents"? That sounds interesting.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Sorry to chigger and all those who I have offended. It is an issue I have when I notice a bully(or someone I see as a bully) I tend to go after them, get in their face, make them see why they are weak and pathetic for bullying others but in this case I over stepped and went too far.

All that said. I have read this book, and this is a valid post, while the underhanded jabs at chigger are indeed not valid at all, hence my saying sorry.

Yes the one thing that will get me to leave is when the mods start PMing me asking me to stop posting, that is enough to send me into the sunset most times, thats how Hyppo got me to leave...

Il ask the MODs, FZ or who ever to please erase this thread or lock it... whatever

Again sorry guys, mainly FZ who created a really nice spot here and I appoligize for bringing it down to my gutter level

when i do come back i will no longer to post retarded shit.. wait, that would mean no posts at all right chigger? yeah... your right again.
Purge

Post by Purge »

SwordMaster wrote:The book itself is more of a self help guide to being "happy" if you can belive it. Although I sapose I get why there is a "start you own company" tone to it. Still ironic that its so popular in Muslum nations, you would think they understand the fact the author compaired them to insects and rodents they might not take kindly towards his writing.

Chigger secretly loves this book for its ideas of wind energy
Some of their fathers were too busy assisting him with genocide to recognize that they and their children would've eventually been next.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um, Purge, you kinda took the steam out of his victim shtick there.

Once more, with feeling: neither of the posts linked to even mentioned Muslims.

But there's plenty of ignorance in the Huffington comments, too.

Edit: For the record:
SwordMaster wrote:...when the mods start PMing me asking me to stop posting, ...
Um, that's a misrepresentation, no? You weren't asked to stop posting here, were you? Wasn't it to stop posting certain things?
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SwordMaster wrote:`
What did this orginally say? Was it something really juicy?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

chanilover wrote:
Like Orange juice? I canny mind.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Sorry about this folks. Seems to be yet another example of a user taking my words out of context. All I tried to do was stop comments that could be interpreted by some users to be veiled anti-semitism, not stiffle a user.

And for the record it really was not anything in this post per se. It was a whole unrelated series of posts where I saw this occurring.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

chanilover wrote:
It was something that in my opinion was a little childish and I would have expected more of SwordMaster than that. I'm hoping he will be back to normal soon.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Eyes High wrote:
chanilover wrote:
It was something that in my opinion was a little childish and I would have expected more of SwordMaster than that. I'm hoping he will be back to normal soon.
Yeah, he's a good contributor to this board... :handgestures-thumbupleft:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Eyes High wrote:
chanilover wrote:
DETAILS, PLEASE!

I'm reading a book at the moment called Liberal Fascism. I picked it off the shelf as it looked interesting and it's a great read, a whole expose of the fascist history and links of the liberal left. Pretty funny in parts, too. I'll do a review when I've finished it.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:
I missed it. :(
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:Sorry to chigger and all those who I have offended. It is an issue I have when I notice a bully(or someone I see as a bully) I tend to go after them, get in their face, make them see why they are weak and pathetic for bullying others but in this case I over stepped and went too far.
I appreciate the appology.

I'd like to ask members who have personal issuses with other members try to be nasty to each other in Private Messages or better yet, somewhere else. If you can't settle it there, ask a mod or admin and we'll try to help sort it out.
All that said. I have read this book, and this is a valid post, while the underhanded jabs at chigger are indeed not valid at all, hence my saying sorry.

Yes the one thing that will get me to leave is when the mods start PMing me asking me to stop posting, that is enough to send me into the sunset most times, thats how Hyppo got me to leave...
Just don't post hatefully. :D
Il ask the MODs, FZ or who ever to please erase this thread or lock it... whatever
Whatever...
Again sorry guys, mainly FZ who created a really nice spot here and I appoligize for bringing it down to my gutter level
...but still I feel I'm sinking, oh yeah! :character-beavisbutthead:
when i do come back i will no longer to post retarded shit.. wait, that would mean no posts at all right chigger? yeah... your right again.
:roll:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

:Adolf: I read it as a class asignature, I found it boring, I kept jumping pages, it's thick as a brick, the unabridged edition. I should have gone to the Blockbuster and rented a pair of WWII movies instead (The Dirty Dozen). The book it isn't forbidden on Amazon, at least. I know that in some countries it is banned. (they should ban KJA...)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I tried to read it once and found it borring too.
~Pink Snowman
big_D

Post by big_D »

It is illegal to own or read it over here...
"Do you know what this is? Hmm? No, I can see you do not. You have that vacant look in your eyes, which says hold my head to your ear, you will hear the sea!" - Londo Molari