Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Re: Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film

Post by SwordMaster »

It is retarded that a ship that large would be built on the surface or under the surface of a planet. The logistics alone would be un heard of, it would have to be built in orbit
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Temporarily setting aside the ridiculousness of planet-side ship building, I will say that the scene(s) in question do allow for a very impressive sense of scale that is otherwise very hard to achieve in space.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

It's Startrek, so yes, it would be easier to build a ship in space, but they pretty much have magic technology for everything, including artifical gravity and antigravity - so building a ship on the ground is totally reasonable IMO given the tech level in ST, not really any more far fetched than it already is.
Schu

Post by Schu »

I doubt it's impossible or anything, but it certainly is impractical and wouldn't happen.
A Thing of Eternity

Schu wrote:I doubt it's impossible or anything, but it certainly is impractical and wouldn't happen.
I don't think it is impractical given ST technology (shit, they could just build a reallllly big one of those "replicators" or whatever they're called and then just materialize starships, build one every ten minutes :lol: ), but I agree they would build it in space anyways just to make it even easier.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Schu wrote:I doubt it's impossible or anything, but it certainly is impractical and wouldn't happen.
I don't think it is impractical given ST technology (shit, they could just build a reallllly big one of those "replicators" or whatever they're called and then just materialize starships, build one every ten minutes :lol: ), but I agree they would build it in space anyways just to make it even easier.
Ok il give you that in the ST universe it is not ratarded, but at least agree that the guild could not have have built their ginormis carrier class massive ships that held 1000s of capital ships, were not built in an underground cave
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
A Thing of Eternity

SwordMaster wrote:
Ok il give you that in the ST universe it is not ratarded, but at least agree that the guild could not have have built their ginormis carrier class massive ships that held 1000s of capital ships, were not built in an underground cave
Of course.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:text-yeahthat:
Schu

Post by Schu »

Weeeell... doesn't saying "just to make it easier" mean that building it in space is more practical? Meaning building it on earth would be impractical? :P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I watched Saturday Night Live last weekend, the new Kirk and Spock were on Weekend Update whining about Trekkies harrassing them. Leonord Nemoy came out and called Trekkies who didn't like the new movie "dickheads".

:shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I really did assume you were exaggerating there, but you're not.
wiki wrote:On the May 9, 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live, Nimoy appeared as a surprise guest on the skit "Weekend Update". He appeared with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, two current stars of the most recent Star Trek film. Nimoy then went on to call old trekkies who did not like the new movie "dick heads". He ended the interview by saying he was open to further appearances in any future films in the series.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:I really did assume you were exaggerating there, but you're not.
wiki wrote:On the May 9, 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live, Nimoy appeared as a surprise guest on the skit "Weekend Update". He appeared with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, two current stars of the most recent Star Trek film. Nimoy then went on to call old trekkies who did not like the new movie "dick heads". He ended the interview by saying he was open to further appearances in any future films in the series.
I was truely shocked. It's amazing how a franchise can dump a fan base of thirty years without blinking. Sound familiar?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Video: http://geektyrant.com/2009/05/5873/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

I'll look it up tonight...

That reminds me what The Shat did on SNL way back...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Rakis wrote:I'll look it up tonight...

That reminds me what The Shat did on SNL way back...
When he told the Trekkies to get a life?
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Not a bad skit. I like the rock throwing comment :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:lol:

Tuvok 2012
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Live debt-ridden and consume! :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Live debt-ridden and consume! :)
Buy GM and Prosper! :wink:
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mebst.

Sorry, not amused. And I don't consider myself a Trekkie (or Trekker?).

Yawn. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Saw it...thought it was funny, mostly the line where Nimoy states that Quinto is half as good... :)
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Freakzilla wrote:
inhuien wrote:I really did assume you were exaggerating there, but you're not.
I was truely shocked. It's amazing how a franchise can dump a fan base of thirty years without blinking. Sound familiar?
Kirk was born in Kansas do not in deep space! (This is familiar too)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I believe it was Iowa.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:I believe it was Iowa.
Riverside, Iowa

Someone was talking about this at work last week - apparently someone made a big model Enterprise... but Paramount told them they couldn't use the name 'Enterprise' and they had to change it.

(Paramount and the HLP - great minds think alike. :P )
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -