Swine Flu outbreak in Mexico

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Drunken Idaho

Re: Swine Flu outbreak in Mexico

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Did we do the pigs fly joke yet>?

There will be a black president when pigs fly, well we got obama and swine flu
AWESOME!!!

But seriously, this stuff is no laughing matter. Get the facts:

http://doihaveswineflu.org/
Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Spam URLs"
Perhaps your workplace blocked it. Maybe try it at home?
Or throw a "www" in there...

http://www.doihaveswineflu.org/
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

It's hitting close to home for me now:
Three more cases of H1N1 virus confirmed in Sampson
by By Katie Holland 3 days ago

Three more people in Sampson County have been confirmed with cases of the H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as the swine flu.

County health department director Wanda Robinson confirmed that there are a total of four cases of swine flu. While she could not specify who the victims are, the county’s three newest cases are children born in 1996, 1997 and 1998. However, at this point, Robinson noted, no one who has been diagnosed with the virus in the county has been hospitalized as of Tuesday afternoon.

“We have just given them medicine and told them to stay at home,” said Robinson. The victims are being asked to stay at home for at least seven days or “until there are no symptoms left.” This is what Robinson referred to as “self-isolation.”

With the three new cases, this now jumps Sampson County, into being considered level six pandemic, which means it is now considered wide spread, Robinson noted.

The county health director stated that she does expect more cases for the county and that people should cautious but not panic.

She stressed that people can be cautious by making sure to wash their hands, covering their mouths and staying home when they are sick.
Self-isolation? I wonder how well that will work. :roll:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Take cautions, but do not be alarmed, I have read that it's not more lethal than the seasonal flu.

Eyes High wrote:It's hitting close to home for me now:
Three more cases of H1N1 virus confirmed in Sampson
by By Katie Holland 3 days ago

Three more people in Sampson County have been confirmed with cases of the H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as the swine flu.

County health department director Wanda Robinson confirmed that there are a total of four cases of swine flu. While she could not specify who the victims are, the county’s three newest cases are children born in 1996, 1997 and 1998. However, at this point, Robinson noted, no one who has been diagnosed with the virus in the county has been hospitalized as of Tuesday afternoon.

“We have just given them medicine and told them to stay at home,” said Robinson. The victims are being asked to stay at home for at least seven days or “until there are no symptoms left.” This is what Robinson referred to as “self-isolation.”

With the three new cases, this now jumps Sampson County, into being considered level six pandemic, which means it is now considered wide spread, Robinson noted.

The county health director stated that she does expect more cases for the county and that people should cautious but not panic.

She stressed that people can be cautious by making sure to wash their hands, covering their mouths and staying home when they are sick.
Self-isolation? I wonder how well that will work. :roll:
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We just had several boy scouts with confirmed cases last week here in Georgia.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Schu

Post by Schu »

I coach a high school table tennis team and we were meant to have a match on friday, but it seemed to get cancelled, because the other school has had cases of swine flu. One of the kids hasn't been coming to training because his mother's mad paranoid about swine flu. *groan* he's one of my best players too.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The Education Department cancelled all classes yesterday through next Monday (which is a holiday, anyway). My third-year comp students were futzing before class about Humanities and the other departments deciding to scrap on through.

"Well, if one of you slackers would take the hit for all of us and get sick...."

There's something almost drug-like in that second when a group of young people shoot you the :shock: :( :? :shifty: :) in quick succession. :lol:

Anh, serves those smarmy Ed bastards right. (I mean the faculty, not the students.) Probably one of them sneezed while tripping over something and they all panicked. :roll: