The Music Suggestion Thread

    Non-dune discussion

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 05 May 2012 17:04

A very sad event indeed. :cry:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Mandy
Cat Herder
Posts: 1702
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Mandy » 05 May 2012 19:43

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 22 May 2012 16:01

Image
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 13 Jun 2012 05:37

Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2051
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby SadisticCynic » 14 Jun 2012 15:48

Sorry, more Porcupine Tree:

Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
ULFsurfer
Posts: 270
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 21:20
Location: Among hills & coal mines

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby ULFsurfer » 20 Jun 2012 20:22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5patve0yHDs&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Jun 2012 06:36

You will forever remember where you were when the Bret Michaels pet line dropped: http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... roducts-/1
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Serkanner » 22 Jun 2012 05:19

ULFsurfer wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5patve0yHDs&feature=relmfu[/youtube]


Great song. I hadn't heard of Rummelsnuff before. Thanks for the suggestion!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5775
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby lotek » 22 Jun 2012 05:51

Part of me wants to know what they're talking about, but should I ?
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
ULFsurfer
Posts: 270
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 21:20
Location: Among hills & coal mines

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby ULFsurfer » 22 Jun 2012 08:20

I know some German, but haven't really tried to decipher what he's singing about. Too busy laughing. :)

D Pope
Posts: 1501
Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
Location: Grubville

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby D Pope » 26 Jun 2012 23:06


Damn, Rider! You look a lot younger than I was led to believe! :P
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2051
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby SadisticCynic » 07 Jul 2012 03:56

The Ocean - Orosirian



I can't remember if I posted this here before or not. I discovered them a few years back then never bought the album. That has been corrected.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 08 Jul 2012 03:33

Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2051
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby SadisticCynic » 24 Jul 2012 16:46

These guys' lyrics are a bit over the top I think, but I really like the music.

Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Serkanner » 27 Jul 2012 18:09

I am still a fan of Die antwoord:

"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3633
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby inhuien » 30 Jul 2012 12:27

Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby Freakzilla » 03 Aug 2012 20:45

Dedicated to my wife...



She's a witch
a bat
a bonafide bore
what's more - she snores
and that is a fact
cow eyes lie
yes it's time to resist
how did I ever
get into this
how could I ever
have kissed that bitch
so what if she's
got big tits

She's the kinda girl
who changes her mind really quick
she's the kinda girl who
won't just let things sit

she came like a cat
like a cat to cat nip
she came in my life
with her womanly hips
when I first met her
I came unglued
I played the part of
a blueblooded fool
I'm through with your sewage
I'm through with your trash
I always knew that I'd
get the last laugh

She's the kinda girl
who changes her mind really quick
she's the kinda girl who
won't just let things sit

like two trains on one track
bound for a crash
two red white and blues we were
destined to clash
I can't fix the future
I can't change the past
like fly by night news
we were not meant to last
I'm through with your bluefish
I'm through with your gash
I'm through being screwed with by
you and your wack attack

Jump back for chump love
you won't be back for cover
but no no no no
I'm no chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

I thought that your love
was a matter of fact
but I lost my pride
when I realized that
the smack in my bag
and my baseball bat
was all you were after
"you dirty rat"
she's a bitch and a brat
and a living disaster
she thought she was fast
boys but I was faster

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3633
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby inhuien » 04 Aug 2012 15:19

Listening to this now,and thought it'd find appreciation here.



To the Master, respect.



F. I feel ya mate.
Image

User avatar
ULFsurfer
Posts: 270
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 21:20
Location: Among hills & coal mines

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby ULFsurfer » 04 Aug 2012 17:11

Freakzilla wrote:Dedicated to my wife...

She's a witch
a bat
a bonafide bore
what's more - she snores
and that is a fact
cow eyes lie
yes it's time to resist
how did I ever
get into this
how could I ever
have kissed that bitch
so what if she's
got big tits

She's the kinda girl
who changes her mind really quick
she's the kinda girl who
won't just let things sit

she came like a cat
like a cat to cat nip
she came in my life
with her womanly hips
when I first met her
I came unglued
I played the part of
a blueblooded fool
I'm through with your sewage
I'm through with your trash
I always knew that I'd
get the last laugh

She's the kinda girl
who changes her mind really quick
she's the kinda girl who
won't just let things sit

like two trains on one track
bound for a crash
two red white and blues we were
destined to clash
I can't fix the future
I can't change the past
like fly by night news
we were not meant to last
I'm through with your bluefish
I'm through with your gash
I'm through being screwed with by
you and your wack attack

Jump back for chump love
you won't be back for cover
but no no no no
I'm no chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

I thought that your love
was a matter of fact
but I lost my pride
when I realized that
the smack in my bag
and my baseball bat
was all you were after
"you dirty rat"
she's a bitch and a brat
and a living disaster
she thought she was fast
boys but I was faster

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker

No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker
No chump love sucker


Thanks for the link, Freak. This applies to mine too.. except the snoring part.

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2051
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby SadisticCynic » 04 Aug 2012 18:27

inhuien wrote:Listening to this now,and thought it'd find appreciation here.



To the Master, respect.



F. I feel ya mate.


I don't have a chance to listen to it right now, but I suspect I'm going to appreciate this a lot. Thanks. :)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3633
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby inhuien » 05 Aug 2012 03:19

^^^There is a 2 hour version that's just a hash edit of the soundtrack CDs, this has a proper arrangement, conductor, full orchestra and a fucking resplendent choral section.
Image

D Pope
Posts: 1501
Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
Location: Grubville

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby D Pope » 21 Aug 2012 20:36

Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2051
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby SadisticCynic » 22 Aug 2012 07:36

Blotted Science - Ingesting Blattaria



Some kind of instrumental progressive death metal. Very good.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

D Pope
Posts: 1501
Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
Location: Grubville

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby D Pope » 23 Aug 2012 19:41

Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos

User avatar
DuneFishUK
Posts: 1990
Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
Location: Cool Britannia
Contact:

Re: The Music Suggestion Thread

Postby DuneFishUK » 24 Aug 2012 13:29

Has anybody seen Sam Lowry? I could listen to Brazil all day :)

<Unrelated>