Soccer Fights!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Soccer Fights!

Post by SwordMaster »

So I have a story to tell. I play soccer in a mens league twice a week and one of my team mates has just been on edge as of late and in a recent match, he lost his shit and forarmed a guy form the other team in the face for throwing a hip tackle, next thing I know Im fighting 3 guys from there team and am starting to notice they have about 20 guys to our 7 guys. We were short that night.

A few black eyes for our guys, none for me as I am 6'3 and soccer players tend to be short but anyways, I went off on my team mate for starting the brawl and gave him a hard time about it, we all have a family to go home to. I did not drop any guys but I throw one guy like a doll about 4-5 feet he landed on his ribs and I swear you could hear thjem crack....

But it was out of his character and his brother, who is my best friend asked him to see a doctor about his mood swings and short temper.

Long story short my friend has a brain tumor pressing up to his brain

In NY today for a MRI, I cannot tell you how bad I feel about giving him such a hard time for starting the brawl. Goes to show you never know what else might be going on with someone you know well.

Thanks for reading
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
cmsahe

Re: Soccer Fights!

Post by cmsahe »

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your friend, I hope that brain tumor does not mean a death sentence. Life is so short, these things are wake up calls.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I hope your pal makes it through, and don't be so hard on yourself it's not like you kicked a cripples crutch away, from your POV he was throwing a flakey without real cause. Another point is if no-one made a fuss about how he was behaving he'd have never went to the Doctors till it was way to late.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Yeah, we hope your friend can get better. Hopefully it was caught in time.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I once shared a hospital room with a guy who had his eye orbit crushed by an elbow in a soccer game. He was in really bad shape.

Not a fight, just the game.

I'm signing my kids up this fall!

:crazy:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Stop beating yourself up over griefing him, SM. If he didn't have a tumor, you would've been perfectly justified. You didn't, couldn't know.

Anyway, I hope they caught it in time. :(