Oink, oink!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Oink, oink!

Post by Freakzilla »

I feel like a pig. I don't eat fast food often but every-now-and-then it's a nice treat. Today I went to Wendy's for lunch and got the Baconator (double cheeseburger w/bacon) with a large fry, a large coke and a large chocolate frosty shake.

$11.20! I'm going to have to bring my lunch for a couple of days to make of for this. Actually, I just checked the office calendar, we have training class the rest of the week. That means catered lunch leftovers!

I need to find a place to pass out until 5:00...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
theGombeenMan

Re: Oink, oink!

Post by theGombeenMan »

since you're going to be going to the bathroom soon might as well catch a few winks while you are growing a monkey tail

g-man
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

theGombeenMan wrote:since you're going to be going to the bathroom soon might as well catch a few winks while you are growing a monkey tail

g-man

Excellent idea. It's so simple, it's beautiful.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:i ate the baconator once...
i'm a carnivore, but that burger was fucking disgusting :P
If I made my own version with real beef and bacon, I think i'd enjoy it though :D
It was as good as I expected.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, TEG! Do they still have a Wendy's down in Tsukuba?

I haven't tried eating anything larger than my head lately myself, but bacon reminded me of something I saw on the global edition of "The Daily Show" a few weeks back: has anyone ever tried "Baconnaise"? :shock:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

When I first came to CA I fell in love with a place out here call Carl's jr. Now I can't even look at a Carl's without making a sloppy fart. But for those of you who have never had the privilege or honor of eating at an In'n'Out Burger...well, lets just say that you haven't really lived yet.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

a friend in the marine corps took me to his home in spartenburg South cakalaki and we ate at the greatest greasy spoon on the planet, called simply "the Beacon" best cheesburgers going. The owner is so proud of his resturant he drove across country to Cali (sand diego area) and put signs on the side of the road detailing just how far it was to go to "the Beacon":)

Wendys has fallen off, BK sucks, Mcdonalds gives me the runs. I eat from a place local here called "IN-A-Tub" pocket burgers (loose meat mixed with tangy sause and cheese) and best taco's going.

There is always White Castle:)

Does innout burger deliver? hard to pass up a reccomended greasy spoon burger!!

Gas-o-rama......should all eat greasy spoon....mason jar the air byproduct, hermetically seal and have delivered to the Twits wonder!!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Omphalos wrote:When I first came to CA I fell in love with a place out here call Carl's jr. Now I can't even look at a Carl's without making a sloppy fart. But for those of you who have never had the privilege or honor of eating at an In'n'Out Burger...well, lets just say that you haven't really lived yet.

In-n-Out's burgers are damn good but their fries need work.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:
Omphalos wrote:When I first came to CA I fell in love with a place out here call Carl's jr. Now I can't even look at a Carl's without making a sloppy fart. But for those of you who have never had the privilege or honor of eating at an In'n'Out Burger...well, lets just say that you haven't really lived yet.

Rob
Nonsense. Their fries are perfect. They slice the potato right in front of you and cook them in oil. Perfect.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Whattaburger ... only in :flags-texas:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Chez Gerard...fries are not made in oil...they ARE oil... :sleeping-drool: :sleeping-drool:
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Omphalos wrote:
Robspierre wrote:

Rob
Nonsense. Their fries are perfect. They slice the potato right in front of you and cook them in oil. Perfect.

Nope, compared to the product I put out, they score a five out of ten :cat fight:

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Today I went to Moe's Southwestern Grill and carried out a "Homewrecker" Burrito.

I'm afraid...
~Pink Snowman
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

SandRider wrote:Whattaburger ... only in :flags-texas:
Not true they are in Michigan as well.
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Omphalos wrote:
Robspierre wrote:

Rob
Anyone who denies the greatness that is In'n'out is insane. This is my first stop every time I go to Cali. The 'best' fast food out there hands down.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Dune Nerd wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Robspierre wrote:

Rob
Anyone who denies the greatness that is In'n'out is insane. This is my first stop every time I go to Cali. The 'best' fast food out there hands down.
They're perfect except for one thing: No onion-rings
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Dune Nerd wrote:

And New Mexico.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

One of the things I love about Sacramento is that we have like six really good independent hamburger joints here. Willie's Ford's...a bunch of others. We have it made here. None of that Fudrucker's crap.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Today The Varsity (Worlds Largest Drive-Thru Resturaunt http://thevarsity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) catered Honeywell Employee Appreciation Day at our office. Then we had cake and ice cream to celebrate everone's birthday this month. There's like five of us with September birthdays.

Someone wake me up at 5:00.

ZZZzzz...
What Makes The Varsity So Special?
It's the Worlds Largest Drive-In
Our Downtown Atlanta location is on more than two acres and can accommodate 600 cars and over 800 people inside. On days when the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets are playing a home game, over 30,000 people visit The Varsity.

Legendary Volume
Two miles of hot dogs, a ton of onions, 2500 pounds of potatoes, 5000 fried pies and 300 gallons of chili are made from scratch daily.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Dune Nerd wrote:

the hell you say ... are you sure it's the same Whattaburger ?

the one started in 1951 in Corpus Christi ?

I know there's one in Arkansas and heard tell of the handful in NM ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Fried twinkies, deep fried ice cream, kool aid dill pickles, fried coca-cola (coke syrup infused into a ball of dough and fried),deep fried Snickers bars, and fried cotton candy are some of my favorite delicacies. I swear these are all real things.

P.S- Also chocolate cover bacon on a stick, and the 1000-calories Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburger:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/satanslaun ... 92221715//" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That thing is my new religion^^^

( One burger covered with cheese and bacon, and the buns are two fried Krispy Kreme Glazed donuts. Epic.)
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Krispy Kreme donuts are the most disgusting donuts I have ever seen.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

There are five really, really good independent hamburger stands here in Sacramento. This place is the king of the burger. Ford's Rules!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I'm fine with franchise burgers, but I believe the only good, real burger is homemade. An independent joint might be able to pull that off, though I've yet to find such a place that does it well.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

My little bro is visiting so the other day I made hamburgers, 80/20 blend of meat to fat, they don't shrink that much and remain juicy into the well done range, hot green chile roasted on the grill and then diced and mixed with cheese and the ground beef wrapped around them, and then tossed on the grill, so when you bite into them you have this molten core of cheese and green chile. Fresh corn from the garden, home made potato salad, and pear and berry pies.

Rob