Feersum Endjinn discussion at Worm's

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Feersum Endjinn discussion at Worm's

Post by Mandy »

http://wormsscifi.com/haven/viewtopic.php?t=4988
Hi all,

Sandchigger and I are going to do a book club reading of Ian M. Banks' novel Feersum Endjinn. Id like to start on Monday the 13th, so as to give everyone who needs to order it time to get a copy from Amazon.

For those of you who have it, please don't get started in making comments without the rest of us. I have it, but not everyone does. Ill start the first post on Monday. If you guys want to start before Monday, just post here so we can see what the general feeling is.

I'd like to do this the way that we did A Case of Conscience; with everyone reading at their own speed, jumping into and out of the conversation as they best see fit. There will of course be some spoilage, but I think its really artificial to have everyone read two chapters, or something, then come back and post, and then read the next assignment. For those of you who do not read quickly, this is your chance to jump the gun and get ahead. Maybe that way everyone will finish at about the same time.

Im off on business til Thursday. Ill see you all then. Actually, I gotta go now, so would someone please paste this into Jacurutu and T(A)U?

Thanks,
You are all more than welcome to join. We're all one big happy family.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Damnit, I just ordered Matter! I almost decided on Feersum too. Oh well.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I just ordered Feersum Endjinn, I won't get mine till late next week, probably. They always say it's going to take a lot longer than it actually does, though.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I really liked Matter. I'm about 1/3 through Player of Games. If I can get a copy of Feersum i'll be there.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I finally got in over there. :)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Enjoy your read lads n' ladies, I've read it a twice at least before so will give it a miss this time around. I'll follow your reflections with interest all the same.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Take a look at the book club thread for A Case of Conscience. That is how we will run this one.

Mandy, let us know if you dont have the book by Saturday.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Doesn't look like I will have the book by Saturday, Powell's hasn't even processed my order yet. You can start without me, I'll catch up.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Bought this today. But I'm now actually getting into my current book quite a lot. Will see how it goes - been meaning to read some Banks for a while now anyway.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Feersum Endjinn discussion at Worm's

Post by Omphalos »

Started the discussion at Worms about this.

http://www.wormsscifi.com/haven/viewtop ... highlight=

C'mon by and join the discussion! This is a book club thread, so those of you who have read it are welcome, but please, no spoiling!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Feersum Endjinn discussion at Worm's

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, so we're starting then? :)