Omnius was a car !!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Rakis

Omnius was a car !!!

Post by Rakis »

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090331.006 ... technology

Well not quite... :wink:

This may be the closest thing i've seen to FH's vision of men controlling machines to enslave other men...and it's just around the corner...just put a 9 millimeter in the hands of that thing and you've got it... :shock:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That is so eerily similar to Macross Plus it's creepy. Honda's system has similarly shaped helmet just like the show and the system is even named BMI! :shock:

For those that don't know, Macross Plus told a story about the YF-21, an experimental fighter craft that interfaced with the pilot via brain waves. The interface systems were called brain direct interface system (BDS) and brain direct image system (BDI).
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Very cool (if not creepy) stuff... The problem with that kind of technology is that just because you think of an action, doesn't mean you wish it to happen. Or do they have ways of detecting how deliberate a thought is? And if so, it might take a good amount of concentration to control a machine that way.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

GamePlayer wrote:That is so eerily similar to Macross Plus it's creepy. Honda's system has similarly shaped helmet just like the show and the system is even named BMI! :shock:

For those that don't know, Macross Plus told a story about the YF-21, an experimental fighter craft that interfaced with the pilot via brain waves. The interface systems were called brain direct interface system (BDS) and brain direct image system (BDI).
Yes (to those of you who like japanese anime you must watch Macross Plus, it's like Top Gun)

I have always had the impression that Macross Plus was based on (besides Top Gun) that movie Firefox with Clint Eastwood, that soviet fighter in the movie, is mind controlled too.

So Omnius started his evil career as a transformer autobot! :)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Firefox ... I thought of that, too, this morning. :lol:
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Firefox ... I thought of that, too, this morning. :lol:
Synchronicity! it's a phenomena that happens frequently, you think of somebody and that person phones you, or two inventors think of the same thing (then they fight the patent accusing each other of plagiarism.) Maybe it has something to do with the fabric of reality, quantum mechanics, etc.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

cmsahe wrote:
Synchronicity! it's a phenomena that happens frequently, you think of somebody and that person phones you, or two inventors think of the same thing (then they fight the patent accusing each other of plagiarism.) Maybe it has something to do with the fabric of reality, quantum mechanics, etc.
Can it be pure coincidence? :|
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Rakis wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
Remember, you must think in japanese.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:
Rakis wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
Remember, you must think in japanese.
Whoa...just in time...i was gonna hit the water... :wink:
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

cmsahe wrote:
And disaster movies! Deep Impact and Armageddon... Dante's Peak and Volcano... Definitely because of the universal fabric... :roll:
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
And disaster movies! Deep Impact and Armageddon... Dante's Peak and Volcano... Definitely because of the universal fabric... :roll:
And the Butterfly effect? :wink:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Rakis wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
Fuck that movie... Notice how it completely disregards the butterfly effect itself. Like, the first time he sorta goes back in time, and burns his stomach with a cigarette, then he comes back and the only thing that's different is the scar on his stomach??? The Butterfly Effect implies that that single cigarette would actually change EVERYTHING. Gawd!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
Fuck that movie... Notice how it completely disregards the butterfly effect itself. Like, the first time he sorta goes back in time, and burns his stomach with a cigarette, then he comes back and the only thing that's different is the scar on his stomach??? The Butterfly Effect implies that that single cigarette would actually change EVERYTHING. Gawd!!
I liked it. The changes did become pretty drastic the more he kept gong back.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:

i liked it too, but they were pretty damn inconsistent like DI said.. there were lots of things that didn't really work.. overall i felt it was well done though.
...But nobody got punk'd... :cry:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:

i liked it too, but they were pretty damn inconsistent like DI said.. there were lots of things that didn't really work.. overall i felt it was well done though.
:lol:
ya that's the one thing i really didnt like about the movie... ashton kutcher should stick to comedy. i heard they actually delayed production for a while so he could have time to study and understand the script so he could really get into the role...
At least it wasn't Keaneu Reeves.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

This place could easily be renamed ziggurat-utu ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:

:lol:
ya that's the one thing i really didnt like about the movie... ashton kutcher should stick to comedy. i heard they actually delayed production for a while so he could have time to study and understand the script so he could really get into the role...
At least it wasn't Keaneu Reeves.
Can you imagine him as the host of Punk'd... :shock: :lol: