Twitter Wars!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Twitter Wars!

Post by SandChigger »

Meh. Now he'll be Twatting & blahging about them passing the drafts back and forth four or five or six times and then sending the finished manuscript off to the publisher for copy-editing, blah blah blah. The longer period between announcement and actual publication will just mean more spiel about the process, without any actual change in or improvement of the process; things will just be stretched out a bit longer, that's all.

It's BUSINESS AS USUAL in the McDune world. The failure of the last few books has had no impact, and no learning has evidently taken place whatsoever.

On with the SHOW! :laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

my cell phone rang, and it was Brian Herbert, wanting to brainstorm details in the book. Good timing, and we were able to work out several key details before I lost the signal.
"Uh, Brian, there's no verbs in that sentence... it can't be just adjectives... too many describing words, remember?... right, okay, a stylistic choice, yeah-... UH OH, I'M LOSING THE SIGNAL! I'M LOSING THE SIGNAL!
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

SandChigger wrote:He'll probably finish before the end of the month. That means he's drafted half a "DUNE" book in just 8 weeks.
I'm happy it answered the question from another thread about how long it takes to pinch off another chunk of McDune.

As far as copy editing, perhaps we should start a pool about 'vermillion hells.' I recommend a 50/50 payout for a majority chance (which spelling will appear more, vermilion or vermillion) with the rest going to a second pool for who guesses the closest, without going over, how many times it appears.
On second thought, nevermind. We wouldn't want book sales to double because we started a pool.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Sev

Post by Sev »

TheDukester wrote:Part of me would like to think he's on a short leash with the publishers...But the cynical part thinks that Keith can't help himself...
I personally believe that both parts are essentially correct, Dukester - they have to be on a short leash at Rot/Gorge after the debacle that was the 'Heroes' non-series, and lets face it, Keith's last two visists to NY weren't raging successes - third time and out? Don't go brainstorming Smellhole #2 just yet...

And yet Keith appears not to have listened and just continues dicta-hiking his merry way through 'Sisters' in 2 months flat in his usual race with Bobo, because he is 'The KJA' - Master of Universes :crazy: Any man who has the temerity to put 'By any measure, he is one of the most popular writers currently working in the science fiction genre' in his bio has to be seriously up himself.

As Chigger notes, it appears to be business as usual, chocks away, full steam ahead, nothing learned from recent failures :?

What a fucking shame...
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I'm hoping for a snarky tweet about idiot editors getting above their station at some point.

Not going to hold my breath though.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Kevin's really upping the passive-aggressive stakes lately: too much of a coward to discuss anything directly, but he's happy to insult the OH movement through some cyber-fellating yahoo called jason_mckie.

It's pure comedy gold! :lol:

http://twitter.com/TheKJA/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://twitter.com/Jason_Mckie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I've been responding to Jason McKie, he's not very bright.

My user name is JacurutuRob btw.

Rob
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Robspierre wrote:I've been responding to Jason McKie, he's not very bright.
Same here ... and, no, he's not. :lol:

(Seriously, TheKevin really attracts a certain type, don't he?)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

He's got 10 pages now.

:clap:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sometimes I just have to pull back and leave them alone...

I feel too much like some movie punk picking on a retarded or mental kid.

Anderson is proving yet again that he has no genitals whatsoever.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Well, the anatomically incorrect plans on telling the masses 'how to play in anothers sandbox,' Sat the second, here in St. Louis.
http://www.archonstl.org/34/images/stor ... rogram.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

UGH!
Archon 34 OPENING CEREMONIES

Because Archon 34 in so jam-packed with great events,
we had to hold Opening Ceremonies Earlier!
Toastmistress SELINA ROSEN, Special Guests of Honor KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA,
KURT MILLER, MATT FORBECK, VIC MILAN, JIM & TERI BUCK Archon Con Chair Steve Norris
Matterhorn 1:30 PM

Things I Wish Some Pro Had Told Me When I Was Just Starting Out

A nuts and bolts seminar on how to be a professional writer, the stuff you
need to know "after" you have sold your first story.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA
Geneva 3:50 PM

6:10 PM
A Fireside Chat

Well, there's no fire, but it is a Q & A with the Guests of Honor
KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA
Matterhorn 6:10 PM

Playing In Someone Else’s Sandbox

The intricacies of writing with media tie-ins.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA,
Bern 12:20 PM

Challenger Learning Center: Opening Minds To The Universe

Come Learn all about Archon 34's Charity. Auction to immediately follow.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA, DAN BARSTOW, TASMYN SCARL FRONT
Matterhorn 2:40 PM

Reading: Two Selections

Reading from forthcoming novel HELLHOLE with Brian Herbert, and
will also read a humorous horror short story I co wrote with
singer-songwriter Janis Ian for my anthology BLOOD LITE II.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON
Alpine 1 6:10 PM

Star Wars Trivia Challenge

Come Stump Our Pros With your Questions
KEVIN J. ANDERSON, REBECCA MOESTA, VIC MIGNOGNA
Matterhorn 11:10 AM

(And mentioned again in the closing ceremonies...)
How does these fucks wrangle getting invited as guests of honor?

And I'd like to see fatboy in a Dune Trivia Challenge. :twisted:

Oh... for those not on Twitter: TheKJA got his 3,000-th follower today. He creamed himself publicly. As expected.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Star Wars Trivia eh?

"Hey Kevin, Which Star Wars Superweapon killed the most braincells? Was it the SunCrusher, which for some reason could only be piloted by an ultra-jedi, or was it the Death Saber, the economics of which required self-lobotomy to accept?"
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Oh... for those not on Twitter: TheKJA got his 3,000-th follower today. He creamed himself publicly. As expected.
... and he's back down to 2,998, so he looks like a bigger asshole than usual. Classic stuff. :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He's back down to 2,997 at the moment. :lol:

I know I have some dubious followers with as few as I have, so you know he's got quite a few with 30 times as many. I figure the drop is natural attrition as Twitter zaps some spammers and other misfits. I seriously doubt anyone dumb enough to follow him in the first place would later come to their senses and drop him. ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

Linkin Park?
Artsy?
:lol:

And a bit of mocking for going under the 3000 mark is in order I think!

EDIT TO ADD
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

lotek wrote:Image

Linkin Park?
Artsy?
:lol:

And a bit of mocking for going under the 3000 mark is in order I think!

EDIT TO ADD
Bahahaha, Anderjacket likes Linkin Park. This isn't surprising considering he's also into Evanescence, according to some ancient blog post of his in my memory. I remember the first time I heard Evanescence, and I honestly thought I was listening to Linkin Park collaborating with Christina Aguilera.

And a hundred bucks says Keith digs Nickelback too.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

He's a complete poseur — I don't think I'm breaking any news there.

He's trying to sound at least partially cool and to shave some years off his actual age. You know, because he's down with that crazy rock 'n' roll, man!

Also, notice how often he mentions that he receives his CDs. He never pays for them; he just gets them. That's a perk from being an international best-seller, and he'll just go ahead and remind us all of that every ... single ... time.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Drunken Idaho wrote: I remember the first time I heard Evanescence, and I honestly thought I was listening to Linkin Park collaborating with Christina Aguilera.
:lol: :lol:

And this one is begging for jokes too!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

TheDukester wrote:Also, notice how often he mentions that he receives his CDs. He never pays for them; he just gets them. That's a perk from being an international best-seller, and he'll just go ahead and remind us all of that every ... single ... time.
And the fact he's chummy with so many of them. Like Neil Peart. And Janis Ian. And the musicians on the CDs for his books.

You nailed it, Dukester. He's just trying to sound cool. Pathetic.

HBJ,
who doesn't listen to any of these bands' music, either, but at least I don't pretend to.
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I used to think Janis Ian was kinda cool... not that I have anything by her that I know of.

But if she's just another FoK, well, fuck.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Interesting... but I don't agree with the "Spoken Language" bit for any of it other than maybe YouTube (and podcasts, if they're on there somewhere). People use a more colloquial style, true, but it's still written language. And the use of abbreviations like "R", "4", "u", etc., is purely a written language phenomenon with no equivalent in spoken language.

+ cookie - one chigger bite :)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

shit, I didn't read none of that, or nothing ..

I only glanced at the thing that says it's a representational map after I'd posted it ...

looked like one of Tolkien's Middle-earth maps ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Another moronic attempt at being witty:
"Heated toilet" is a trending topic on Twitter??? Did Columbus have a heated toilet on the Santa Maria?
Rob