Your Favorite TV shows

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Your Favorite TV shows

Post by SandChigger »

Dirty Jobs rules. :)

(Something else I like is that sudden frisson of realization that it's Mike Rowe doing the narration on other shows. :lol: )
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

trang wrote:Married with Children is an oldy favorite, Sympathize with Al Bundy:)
Speaking of which, Modern Family is rather enjoyable so far.
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Hey, Preacher, we need to do some Survivor talk!!

I like:

Family Guy
Simpsons (I'm afraid to say that latest FG seems to have overtaken it, it just doesn't seem as sharp anymore)
South Park occsaionally
NFL Football
Some college football (BCS Game- Alabama v. Texas; Florida is good, but should not be number 1, 'bama will beat them in the SEC Championship game)
Modern Family is decent
The show Wipeout can be hilarious in moderation, but I don't think it was made for the competitive aspect of the game..
Survivor is one of two reality shows I can stand. There's so many bad ones on cable its not even funny.
Celebrity Apprentice is always hilarious because of the feuds that happen when they're forced to work together. Some of them are probably playing it up for the ratings, but they're actors, so who cares?
The Late Show with Letterman is still miles above the other late night shows.

Oh, and did anyone see SNL last Saturday?? The host was an unknown, but he was actually pretty funny, and it ended up being probably one of the funniest SNLs in a long time, two people came up to me Monday before I had mentioned it, and asked me if I'd seen it, specifically citing the Digital Short... SNL hasn't been consistently funny since maybe 2001.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:Dirty Jobs rules. :)

(Something else I like is that sudden frisson of realization that it's Mike Rowe doing the narration on other shows. :lol: )
Yep ... deadliest catch is one of them. The man has a fantastic voice.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah yeah yeah! I crashed on the hot carpet in front of the tube last night and they had some kind of pre-season-5-start-up marathon on Discovery.

Had Mike Rowe dirty talkin' crab in my ear all night. :D
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

I actually like wire in the blood.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
lotek

Post by lotek »

I know it has been mentionned before but I just recently discovered this show which has become my funniest show of all times:

It's just amazingly funny!

Is my favourite :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

Battlestar Galactica
Caprica
The L Word
Star Trek Original
Firefly
Have I posted this before? I am getting rusty. Too much school events running around in my brain.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Twin Peaks
Band of Brothers
I watch some CSI as well
Wire in the Blood
Waking the Dead
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
lotek

Post by lotek »

I enjoyed Farscape

of course Original Star Trek and BSG(original and new)

Dexter
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

lotek wrote:I know it has been mentionned before but I just recently discovered this show which has become my funniest show of all times:
Impress your friends with this piece of trivia: none of that show is actually shot in Reno.*

(*The opening credits sequence has some stock Reno footage, but that's it)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

TheDukester wrote:
lotek wrote:I know it has been mentionned before but I just recently discovered this show which has become my funniest show of all times:
Impress your friends with this piece of trivia: none of that show is actually shot in Reno.*

(*The opening credits sequence has some stock Reno footage, but that's it)
cheers!

ps:
when I think you acutally are from Reno am I grossly mistaken?
Where did I get that idea from now... ?
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I am; you're not mistaken. I've mentioned it a couple of times, and me and the Northern California boys here have talked about our area a few times. You probably saw one of those discussions.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:I enjoyed Farscape
Did somebody say...
:)
lotek

Post by lotek »

inhuien wrote:
lotek wrote:I enjoyed Farscape
Did somebody say...
FARSCAPE
:)

I bloody did!!

This series just blew my mind with the variety of themes and formats used to present those themes. I remember an episode entirely Looney Tunes style for example, Rigel's helium farts and Zhaan's light orgasms :)
Without spoiling I also liked the fact that the line between good and evil was not a finite and that people were allowed to evolve as characters... a real space opera with comedy; drama; action and love!

@The Dukester: thanks for the precision, I thought so but to be fair I couldn't be asked to check myself :)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

also,the reason this show can get away with their name is that there is no "Reno County Sheriff's Department",
because there is no Reno County; Reno, Nevada is in Washoe County .... (altho I think they've mentioned the river ...)

I especially like the unbleeped versions Comedy Central will run late at night sometimes ...

(BTW, that show, while not being wholly accurate in their portrayal of Law Enforcement Officers,
certainly portrays the opinion I have of Law Enforcement Officers ...)

I've been sucked into Caprica,
while waiting for Sons of Anarchy to return ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anyone else watch "Lie To Me"? (Swordmaster mentioned it in the OP; I haven't checked to see if it's still on, been cancelled, etc.) Saw the first episode the other night. Tim Roth & Kelli Williams. :D

Primo "Nostradamus Effect" crap on History right now. (I'm just waiting for Rome to come on in about half an hour. :dance: Brutus bites the Big One tonight, according to last week's preview. :clap: ) Somehow they've twisted Ole Michel together with the Rapture. The effect they're using for people being "caught up" looks something like a Star Trek transporter on speed. With a slight carbonization mist aftertaste. Hardly the "blink of an eye"! :lol:

(Take note Tleszer: Their clothes get taken up to meet Jesus in midair, too. So evidently pants are NOT optional. :laughing: )
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:Anyone else watch "Lie To Me"? (Swordmaster mentioned it in the OP; I haven't checked to see if it's still on, been cancelled, etc.) Saw the first episode the other night. Tim Roth & Kelli Williams. :D
I'll probably start watching it again when FOX begins airing it again. I found it interesting, but I started finding it less fun as season 2 progressed.
SandChigger wrote:Primo "Nostradamus Effect" crap on History right now. (I'm just waiting for Rome to come on in about half an hour. :dance: Brutus bites the Big One tonight, according to last week's preview. :clap: ) Somehow they've twisted Ole Michel together with the Rapture. The effect they're using for people being "caught up" looks something like a Star Trek transporter on speed. With a slight carbonization mist aftertaste. Hardly the "blink of an eye"! :lol:

(Take note Tleszer: Their clothes get taken up to meet Jesus in midair, too. So evidently pants are NOT optional. :laughing: )
I'll keep that it mind. :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Since it came up in another thread, one of my favorite shows right now is Cartoon Network's [img=http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html]The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack[/img].

Brian Doyle Murray is funny no matter what he does. This show is like a funny version of Ren & Stimpy.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Flapjack is a great cartoon. I'm sure every generation says this, but childhood was pretty prime in terms of cartoons, video games, and outdoor activities. Sometime after '04 cartoons really weren't that great for awhile. Didn't really get any new ones either. But it seems the last few years that we're finally getting excited new cartoons, and ones that push the boundaries of what should be on TV. Flapjack is just creepy-awesome.

I don't watch much TV except for Monk, the show about the OCD detective, and Criminal Minds. What I like about the latter is that not every episode is focused on serial killers, which could make the show pretty formulaic after awhile. They break it up by looking into the minds of cultists similar to Charles Manson, or by tracking down sex offenders and other sex crime-related incidents. This show probably offers much more diversity and character-interaction than any other crime drama on right now or in awhile.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Quantum Leap (It was my first TV series. It will always gonna have a place in my memory.)
LOST (It's special for me for many reasons, but I think this show touches more because of the characters, and not the mysteries)
Supernatural (I like the brother's relation, and specially the episodes that makes me laugh my lungs out)
Enterprise (I know that many people hate this Star trek Series, but I started watching it because of scott bakula, and this show introduced me to the ST universe)
Smallville (until third season) (I'm a superman fan, I expected too much from this show...)
Hilda Furação (Something like Hurricane Hilda) (It's the real history of a medium class Brazilian girl who became a prostitute while a monk fall in love for her. Situated in the 40's. Crazy plot, but unforgettable characters. Note: It wasn't a soap opera, but a one-season-only-series!)
Law and Order: SVU
West Wing (Martin Sheen rules)

I think it's all.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I kinda like Supernatural, too. :shifty:

But it pisses me off the stupid crap they stumble around and do EVERY episode! :twisted:

Like, they spend a good ten minutes explaining why they shouldn't talk to the dead spirits that have started appearing around them, because it will empower them and allow them to harm the living.

And then what do they do but chat up every bit of ectoplasm that comes floating by. :angry-screaming:

LOVE it. :lol:
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

24 - I'm currently doing season 3. Gotta love the brutal silliness of it all. :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Lost, SG-U, and Jeremiah on DVD. Nothing else matters, except for hockey.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I watch Law and Order SVU pretty often, I'm also really enjoying Modern Family. The Bridge is really good but putting it on at 10:00 on Fridays pretty much makes it impossible for me to watch (I love how almost every major actor from BSG that's still on TV landed a roll as a cop, kinda funny).