Zen and the Art of Vehicle Maintenance

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't remember ever telling them life was fair, where do they get these crazy ideas?
Most likely cause you treat them fairly and kids think their home environment mirrors the whole world, or was that rhetorical and I've had to many coffees.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair!

:x
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla: Licensed to drive
Class: VET
Expires: 2036
Fee: $0.00

:D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair!
"You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian shit."
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair!
"You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian shit."
Ya know, I use those lines on my kids but it doesn't seem to have the same effect as when my drill seargant said them to me. I must not be beating them hard enough.

:?
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Glorious news!

I found the culprit in my van. The vacuum hoses for the HVAC were disconnected from the connector on the firewall.

I also may have had the check valve on the vacuum reservior backwards.

I haven't driven it very far yet but I have total control of my vents, before I only had defrost, cold air comes out the ceiling vents in the back!!! My kids are going to be very thankfull. Only heat used to come out the back vents.

No codes, no stalls, purrs like a kitten.

It appears to be fixed!

Now I can wash it. :D
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Happy for you man.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

It's a great feeling when you finally get it working proper innit? Sometimes I do miss sitting in the engine bay working on the motor and what not but then I remember how much time that ended up being and am glad I don't have to anymore.

Rob
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Well done man.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That is totally the way things were when I was growing up. To a fucking "T!"

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I spoke too soon, the codes came back.

But I'm still happy the air works! :D
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Zen and the Art of Vehicle Maintenance

Post by Freakzilla »

Transmission blew out on the interstate this morning, coasted into work parking lot.

:(
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Transmission blew out on the interstate this morning, coasted into work parking lot.

ouch.. at least you made it there. though the tow will be a bitch, based on the distance estimate you gave a while back
55 miles to home. I don't think I'm going to do that. I parked it in the back lot so hopefully work won't mind if I leave it there until I can whore myself out to fifty fat chicks to get enough money to repair it. I'll just get it repaired somewhere near work.

Looks like I'll have to ressurect the Caddy...
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Sorry to hear that Freak.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Thanks.

I've read that the seals on these transmission can leak when overheated, I might try to fill it back up and drive home really slowly...
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:Transmission blew out on the interstate this morning, coasted into work parking lot.

That was in the minivan or the caddy? Sorry man. That sucks ass.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:

The mini-van. All hope is not lost... maybe I can just get the main seal replace and add an auxillary transmission fluid cooler. I'm kind of skeptical about putting more money into a car that doesn't pass emissions, though.

The Caddy still runs, the oil pressure is just not high enough to sit in traffic and idle. And it has no AC fan, but that I can fix. I'll just have to leave early to avoid traffic.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Damn ... sorry to hear that. :(
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:

The mini-van. All hope is not lost... maybe I can just get the main seal replace and add an auxillary transmission fluid cooler. I'm kind of skeptical about putting more money into a car that doesn't pass emissions, though.

The Caddy still runs, the oil pressure is just not high enough to sit in traffic and idle. And it has no AC fan, but that I can fix. I'll just have to leave early to avoid traffic.
Have you tried to put an additive in the transmission, sort of an oil with sealing properties? If your seal is not beyond repair, i mean...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

This only happened this morning, all I had time to do is walk away in disgust. But, last time I checked the transmission fluid I did put some conditioner in it, a couple weeks ago, I think.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

My wife took my Caddy to softball practice yesterday... and left the key in it, ON!

So I'm waiting for my dad to come give me a jump. :x

It's oil pressure warning is gone. A few weeks ago I went to put a new oil pressure sensor on and it was the wrong size so I put the old one back on and the message has gone away. I think maybe I had the old one on either too tight or too loose.

:?

It's got an Anti-Lock Breaking System trouble code now, I changed the LF wheel hub/speed sensor and tested the circuit for continuity, light still comes on. I think you have to use a special scanner to reset the ABS light, I need to get one of those. The traction control is dissabled and every now and then the brakes pulsate really bad, but work if you pump it once. I can't find any hydrolic leaks, I wonder if changing only one wheel speed sonsor on the front is screwing things up?

EVERYTHIING is electrically monitored and controlled on this car, it's really amazing. :shock:

The dreaded check engine light came on, found a broken vacuum hose on a transmission module, light went away. I think damage has been done to the torque converter clutch solenoid. It's inside the transmission, may as well be rebuilt. It still runs fine but I'll eventually lose overdrive.

:cry:

My wife's van broke down too, she was packed to take the kids to Florida and it won't move from her parent's driveway. Better there than in Florida. That's why she used my car yesterday.

Still haven't fixed my van, Installing a transmission seal = $600. :cry:
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

and I thought we were having vehicle problems.

Good luck man.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freak : You didn't try for that clunker deal thingy?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Rakis wrote:Freak : You didn't try for that clunker deal thingy?
You need good credit to buy a new car. I'm behind on my mortgage and student loan. :(
~Pink Snowman