Random Crap

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Random Crap

Post by Freakzilla »

It'll get there...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Maybe that horse was a worm if he went through the desert with it.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Gwhack-a-Mole

Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

it's Rob birthday, that's means I'm a year older than I was this time last year and now I'm all depressed and what to go 't pub but it's a school night :tissue2: :tissue2: HB R! :tissue2: :tissue2:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:crazy:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I'll cry for ye! :tissue2:

Get the to the pub, youngster! :obscene-drinkingchug:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

inhuien wrote:it's Rob birthday, that's means I'm a year older than I was this time last year and now I'm all depressed and what to go 't pub but it's a school night :tissue2: :tissue2: HB R! :tissue2: :tissue2:

Dunno 'bout you, but I started the bday with cocktails, followed by wine tasting, then it was dinner and live music at The Dexter Lake Club, better known as the road trip club in Animal House where Otis Day and the Knights were playing.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You mind if we dance with yo dates? :lol:
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote::crazy:
And yous say I equal crazy. :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:You mind if we dance with yo dates? :lol:
"Wif." "Wif yo dates."

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

http://www.dexterlakeclub.com/home.cfm

They even stream the live music online.

Rob
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

http://www.dvice.com/2013-6-29/teenager ... -body-heat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dvice.com/2013-7-19/neural-d ... elekinesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I have nothing to say, there I've said it.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

"Many books require no thought from those who read them, and for a very simple reason; they made no such demand upon those who wrote them." —Charles Caleb Colton

"A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." —G. K. Chesterton
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I feel so ordinary....

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

My Yahoo! account (which I had not accessed in quite a while) would not let me in! Some little window would pop up asking me what my favorite series was. My favorite series!? This was back in 2011! What was I watching back then? I was ready to give up on that account, and had opened a new one, but then I thought, "Wait... my favorite series... Dune?" Yes, that was it!
Not such a great story, maybe, but, well, you know... When I really thought about my favorite "series," Dune came to mind. Getting back into my account really brought a smile to my face, and all the more so because I had chosen Dune as the answer to my security question! Ah, well... I just felt like posting that.
I bring nothing to the table.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Ha, that sort of thing has happened to me before.

"What is you're favourite book?"

Well, I know what it is now, but what was it then? Arrrghh!!!
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Been following this project for literally years - So glad he got it working at last :)

Hopefully it will result in a massive push for his Kickstarter for a small build-your-own robot kit... which doesn't look as healthy as it should :(

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/108 ... der-tank-m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheodoreBowers

Post by TheodoreBowers »

Freakzilla wrote:Space X Falcon 9 over Florida:

SpaceX In Orbit – Succesful Launch of Falcon 9 Rocket
By Jason PaurEmail Author May 22, 2012 | 4:36 am

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida — The second time’s the charm for SpaceX. This morning at 3:44 a.m. EDT the company’s Falcon 9 rocket lifted off of Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral. After a faulty valve caused an aborted liftoff Saturday, today’s successful launch marks the third flight of the Falcon 9 rocket, the second flight of the Dragon capsule, and the first flight for a commercial spacecraft bound for the International Space Station.

After clearing the lightning towers, the million pounds of thrust provided by the nine Merlin engines slowly lifted the rocket into the dark sky. The accelerating Falcon 9 and Dragon reached “max Q” one minute and 24 seconds after lift off. This marks the time when the vehicle experiences the maximum dynamic pressure on the structure during the flight thanks to a combination of the relatively thick atmosphere and the increasing velocity of the rocket. Once past max Q, it continues to accelerate, but it does so in a rapidly thinning atmosphere, reducing the aerodynamic load and stress on the rocket.

Three minutes after launch the nine engines of the first stage shutdown, at which time there was no glow and only a faint trail of smoke was visible in the night’s sky. Five seconds later the second stage with the Dragon capsule separated from the first stage. After the second stage separation, an orange glow reappeared in the sky as the second stage ignited and burned for six minutes and two seconds, placing the Dragon into an orbital path where it began its chase of the ISS.

Just under 10 minutes after launch SpaceX announced Dragon successfully reached orbit. A few minutes later, loud cheers were heard over SpaceX’s launch coverage on the factory floor as Dragon successfully deployed its
solar panels.

The Dragon receives power from batteries and the pair of solar arrays. The next big event will be the opening of the Guidance, Navigation and Control Bay door a little less than two hours, twenty-seven minutes after launch. When the door is opened, it is the first step towards the rendezvous with the ISS according to SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell.

“This is a key new feature for this mission, which basically exposes the Proximity Operations Sensors to space so we can see the ISS as we are approaching and allow us to get close enough to berth,” Shotwell explained in a press conference Friday. “Our star trackers also get a view of space at this time, so this is a very critical operation”

After confirming the navigation and thermal imaging capabilities, the Dragon will go through a series of maneuvers testing the use of the Draco thrusters. These tests will demonstrate the capsule’s ability to abort a maneuver with both a continuous burn of the small thrusters built into the capsule, as well as an abort using short pulses from the Dracos.

All of these initial tasks take place far from the ISS in the first 11 hours while the Dragon is chasing down the station. On day two, the Dragon will adjust its orbit towards the station and on day three it will perform the first fly-by to 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) beneath the ISS.

Day three is filled with a series of maneuvers inching closer and closer to the space station until it is finally brought in by the station’s robotic arm at the end of day four.

Enthusiasm for today’s successful launch was evident from SpaceX employees hosting the webcast who were jumping and cheering at the company’s Hawthorne, California headquarters after the liftoff. But following Saturday’s aborted launch, the company knows there are still many challenges ahead as getting to orbit is just the first step needed by the SpaceX team before getting the seal of approval from its potential customer, NASA. All of the demonstrations must be completed before the agency will sign off on SpaceX providing regular cargo resupply missions to the ISS.

Despite receiving the most attention, today’s SpaceX Falcon 9 launch was just one of five separate launches to orbit in the past week. Three launches happened in Russia including a Soyuz carrying three crew members to the ISS last Tuesday. Another Soyuz rocket boosted a spy satellite into orbit on Thursday, followed by a Japanese launch with a multiple satellite payload, and the final Russian launch of a telecommunications satellite finishing the busy day.

After berthing with the ISS, astronauts and cosmonauts on board will spend several days unloading the more than 1,000 pounds of cargo and experiments on board the Dragon. They will then load the Dragon with more than 1,300 pounds of cargo to be returned to earth. Dragon is expected to spend about a week on station, returning with a splash down in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California on May 31.
Just awesome picture..Ya it was very successful space mission..One of the best mission NASA has ever produce.. Nice picture though.
Last edited by TheodoreBowers on 01 Dec 2013 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I believe SpaceX is private.
~Pink Snowman
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Lawliet

Post by Lawliet »

Also...i can kill you with my brain. - River Tam

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

OMG :drool: :drool: