KJA and the Rush drummer

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

KJA and the Rush drummer

Post by TheDukester »

So Kevvie, being a name-dropper of absolutely embarrassing proportions, likes to mention from time to time that he is buddy-buddy with Neil Peart, the longtime drummer for Canadian prog rock gods Rush.

Unlike just about every other drummer to ever hit animal skins with sticks, Peart writes most of the band's lyrics. This gives him something in common with his buddy KJA, according to at least one survey: they both suck.

KJA, as we know, is a talentless hack. It's been proven a million times over and does not to be rehashed here. But did you know that Neil Peart is the second-worst lyricist in the history of rock? :lol: :lol:

+++++

Disclaimer: I actually like Rush. I like Canadians, too. But this was just too good to pass up.
Last edited by TheDukester on 28 Sep 2008 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I dont think that he is a bad lyricist. But he did write a SF book, and I hear that sucked.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I love Rush [especially 2112].
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The whole article is pretty funny; it's worth a read. I disagree with many of the picks, but I thought it was ironic/funny that I ran into this about a day after Kevvie named-dropped Peart in his ridiculous blog:

http://www.dunenovels.com/blog/page062.html
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Everyone knows Rush sucks. It's one of the worst kept secrets in music :)

I'm not surprised KJA goes around name dropping whoever he happens to know. The guy seems to feed off other pseudo-celebrities to make up for his own non-celebrity. That's what makes KJA such an easy target to mock; he knows he has no name and his entire worth is forever linked to franchise exploitation, where the franchise name itself will always have far more fame than he ever will.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I hate that he has to ruin Neil's reputation too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Power Windows, Subdivisions and Moving Pictures are my three favorite Rush Albums.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:Power Windows, Subdivisions and Moving Pictures are my three favorite Rush Albums.

I will also add the singles Roll the Bones and Time stand still... :P
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Omphalos wrote:... Subdivisions ...
**cough**Signals**cough**

You're probably just testing us, though, on our general knowledge of Canadian three-piece bands. :wink:

On another note, Neil Peart has like 15 books available at Amazon. Apparently, he's written a lot of non-fiction having to do with motorcycles and traveling. Interesting.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He's been playing up the connection with Peart in his blawgs since like FOREVER, got him high in his Friends on his MySpace page, etc etc.

I think I might have a Rush LP around here somewhere.... Needle's whacked, though, so I'm not going to risk playing it even if I find it. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:I hate that he has to ruin Neil's reputation too.
Isn't Neil at least a bit responsible for that himself? Being buddies with the Hack is never good for you own reputation.

Think about Byron for instance. Being passed by your familie's company as a co-writer in favour of the world's most worthless franchise whore must sting a little and does have an influence about how others perceive you.

Is that right Byron? How else to pay for your kids college funds unless you let yourself being fucked by your own family time and again. Or am I targeting your family again? If you want to sue just drop me a note and I will send you my private address.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Just seen the #1 worst in that list, Sting. So he's not that bad. But Jon Anderson coming in at #17, wtf, when's the recount!!

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

typo
Last edited by inhuien on 29 Sep 2008 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Rakis wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Power Windows, Subdivisions and Moving Pictures are my three favorite Rush Albums.

I will also add the singles Roll the Bones and Time stand still... :P
Hell, yes!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

inhuien wrote:Just seen the #1 worst in that list, Sting. So he's not that bad. But Jon Anderson coming in at #17, wtf, when's the recount!!
Yeah, the whole list should be read as an attempt at humor, not a serious undertaking. Sting, for example, is often cited as a very talented lyricist ... he might not be Bruce Springsteen, but he clearly does not deserve the top spot on a "worst list." Also, all lyrics look stupid when they are not set to music, so the examples that are cited aren't really fair.

Still, I thought it was pretty funny. I've never even heard of Blender; maybe I'll see if they've got some other good articles.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Sting is a fantastic lyricist. He simply pissed off too many fans by going adult contemporary in the mid 80's and putting an end to The Police at their height. And now that those little boys and girls are "all grows up" with jobs at music publications, they get to vent their frustrations by pretending to be authorities on popular music. Hence Sting's demonization.

If The Police kept going for another 2-3 albums, Sting could have spent the rest of his life murdering puppies and the music fan elite would have forgiven him :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I took the whole list as a joke after I read the comments on Jim Morrison.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Rush is great, it's one thing to not like them, I don't like (hate) lots of fantastic music, but to say that they are anything but master musicians and songwriters is just uneducated. Period. :wink: I can list bands all day that I think are the worst pieces of shit to my ears but will grudgingly acknowledge that they are masters at what they do.

Some of the lyrics are a bit... "eccentric" though I will admit. :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I followed Rush for three shows one year. I'd say they are among the very best musicians I've seen perform.

As to their songwriting, I think they should be given credit just for referencing literature in their lyrics.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ah well.

Who among us hasn't had embarrassing friends? ;)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

TheDukester wrote:

You're probably just testing us, though, on our general knowledge of Canadian three-piece bands. :wink:
ah. Whatever. rakis knew what I was talkin' about. :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Ah well.

Who among us hasn't had embarrassing friends? ;)
:lol:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

ah. Whatever. rakis knew what I was talkin' about. :wink:
SandChigger wrote:
Ah well.

Who among us hasn't had embarrassing friends?
You mean like people who knows Hyppo, Arnie and Photomass ? :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Photomass?

Now THAT's funny! :lol: