Jodorowsky's Dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

leagued

Jodorowsky's Dune

Post by leagued »

http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowsky.asp

I recently read the Jodorowsky article about what he wanted to do with Dune and damn but I want to see that movie. Not because I think its anywhere near an accurate representation of the movie (it clearly isn't) but because it sounds like the most wacked-out movie ever.

Salvador Dali as the Emperor on a toilet/throne with the stated necessity of seeing the Emperor take a dump on camera (though he wanted a stunt double I guess, even though it was his idea)?
The Emperor sometimes using a robot double of himself and being completely insane (see above)? Artificial gold planet? Paul becoming a collective intelligence and taking Arrakis flying through the universe to enlighten everyone? A castrated Duke Leto inseminating Jessica via blood so that Paul is born of an un-inseminated virgin?

His ideas for Dune clearly do not follow the book, and he even states that it wasn't his intention to do so. I find his argument that Dune is a new myth that doesn't belong to anyone creator intriguing, though not convincing- a thousand years from now, the origin of Dune might be as lost as that of Hercules and open to recreation, but not now.

Also, his son is apparently the real-life kwisatz haderach and been trained almost exactly like Paul was, so you could hardly call casting him nepotism, right?

Plus, God apparently told Jodorowsky to make the damn movie, and who are we to argue with that? It wouldn't be Frank's Dune, but it'd be an interesting movie and there was definitely some great concept art work developed for it. I'd pay to see it anyway.
LeagueD
orald

Post by orald »

OMG, I just got it! It's so simple!

Rakis Holy Nomad, under all his different names, is actually Jodorowski's shade come back to haunt the(sane and) living! :shock:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Get the Meta-Baron's comic book, most of Jodorowsky's ideas went into the series.

Rob
leagued

Post by leagued »

I'll check those out, thanks
LeagueD
cmsahe

Re: Jodorowsky's Dune

Post by cmsahe »

leagued wrote:... I find his argument that Dune is a new myth that doesn't belong to anyone creator intriguing, though not convincing- a thousand years from now, the origin of Dune might be as lost as that of Hercules and open to recreation, but not now.
Now I know where KJA got his inspiration from

leagued wrote:..Also, his son is apparently the real-life kwisatz haderach and been trained almost exactly like Paul was, so you could hardly call casting him nepotism, right? ...
Maybe KJA is the bastard son of Jodorwoski.

BTW here in Mexico Alejandro Jodorowsky is admired and respected by leftists as a writer, guru, and artist, at beginnings of this year he came to the national university UNAM and a huge crowd of young people had a fine time with him. If you can read spanish I recommend you to google his cartoons "Fábulas Pánicas" they are deeply philosophical.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

cmsahe wrote:
leagued wrote:... I find his argument that Dune is a new myth that doesn't belong to anyone creator intriguing, though not convincing- a thousand years from now, the origin of Dune might be as lost as that of Hercules and open to recreation, but not now.
Now I know where KJA got his inspiration from

KJA has no inspiration, he is just full of shit, Jodorowsky has more ideas in a single paragraph than KJA has in in his entire writing career.

Rob
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Writing career? WRITING career? You mean hiking-and-proof/editing-transcripts-by-others career, right?

At least Brian actually WRITES. Reportedly.

Longhand. On long legal pads. In pencil. :P

Aaaaaa-hahahahahahahahah! :lol: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Robspierre wrote:...
KJA has no inspiration, he is just full of shit, Jodorowsky has more ideas in a single paragraph than KJA has in in his entire writing career.

Rob
Well KJA wrote that SW novel where Luke Skywalker is in coma for almost the whole story! Wasn't it a great idea, to have your main character comatose? ;)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Sole Man

on Jordowsy's DUNE

Post by Sole Man »

I like H.R. Giger paintings...
A Thing of Eternity

Re: on Jordowsy's DUNE

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Sole Man wrote:I like H.R. Giger paintings...
Have you seen the one of a toothed sandworm eating a giant penis? It's pretty great.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

leagued wrote:It wouldn't be Frank's Dune, but it'd be an interesting movie and there was definitely some great concept art work developed for it. I'd pay to see it anyway.
As I read that originally, it wouldn't be any kind of Dune. Interesting wacked-out movie, yes - Dune, no.
I have no idea why he would want to call it Dune, if he is not going to follow the themes, characters, basic plot, etc. At least with KJA and the other guy, you know why Dune is on the front cover.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Lundse wrote:At least with KJA and the other guy, you know why Dune is on the front cover.
$$$$$$? ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SandChigger wrote:
Lundse wrote:At least with KJA and the other guy, you know why Dune is on the front cover.
$$$$$$? ;)
Exactly - the motives of simpletons are... simple.
inhuien

Re: on Jordowsy's DUNE

Post by inhuien »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Sole Man wrote:I like H.R. Giger paintings...
Have you seen the one of a toothed sandworm eating a giant penis? It's pretty great.
Here's a linky to a collection of H.R. Gigers Dune inspired work that I've just uploaded for your view pleasure (?). I had to rar it up as I didn't want to have to upload all the files individually.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKL2LLWR
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Kewl stuff by Giger, but can't help thinking "Alien", even with other stuff...
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Rakis wrote:Kewl stuff by Giger, but can't help thinking "Alien", even with other stuff...
Alien was pretty much made by the people who worked on Dune. Giger, Dan O'Bannon, Chris Foss and Moebius all worked on Dune before Alien.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

Can someone link all those pics that inhuien put up? I can't open rars and I'm curious to see if there are any Giger-Dune pics that I haven't seen before.

Pretty please?
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Get WinRAR!

Or wait for some mug to chuck em down his ftp

***IT GONE... YOU HAD YER CHANCE....***

:twisted:
Last edited by DuneFishUK on 06 Jan 2009 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

DuneFishUK wrote:Get WinRAR!

Or wait for some mug to chuck em down his ftp
http://roh.dribble-sponge.co.uk/gigerdune/
Thanks! I'd seen most of these before, couple new ones and they're all way higher quality than I've found before.

Me thinks that some of those might end up incorperated into m Dune leg...

Wonder why Giger felt the need to have the worm eating a giant penis? Maybe Jordowsky was planning on having a second type of worm that looked like a penis... :shock:
Sole Man

On H.R. Giger

Post by Sole Man »

Giger is a Phyallicist (A completely made up religion by yours truly) He beleaves Penises are the holy symbol, and that in heaven there is a the longest shlong ever created, being worshipped by women everywere! (Even Lesbians!) Man, I'm sick...

(I bet Cl will like that one)

I think Giger stick two jionts up his nostrils and injects Herion into his prostate. (Comepltemtning Lynch's snorting pot and taking Crack a soposotory)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Spell-checking, bro: all the cool kids are doing it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

TheDukester wrote:Spell-checking, bro: all the cool kids are doing it.
Dream on. You're about as likely to get Sloe to use spell check as you are to get the pope to JP at a gay wedding. :lol:
Sole Man

on bad spelling.

Post by Sole Man »

Besides, its knid of my thing.
leagued

Post by leagued »

Ok, so now I've read the first two trades of the Metabarons and the Dune inspiration is extremely clear, but the comics are also pretty enjoyable in their own right- and amazingly drawn.
I've also watched two of his movies (El Topo and Holy Mountain). I'm still not sure what either was about... but apparently Alejandro has all his actors sign a mandatory nude scene clause.
LeagueD
Rakis

Re: on bad spelling.

Post by Rakis »

Sole Man wrote:Besides, its knid of my thing.
I'd be worried if you stopped doing it... :shock: