Mediteatro

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Simon

Post by Simon »

Rakis wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
Rakis wrote:I can't believe the HLP are passing on this, it's free publicity after all :shock:
But publicity only for the original books.

(Fans devoted to the originals are pariahs now, you know, right?)

...AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

I think you lads are being a bit dramatic. :| Your more like Lepers :lol:

Don't touch me!! :x ::swats you with a stick:: Back I say!!! :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What about my more like lepers? :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
mediteatro
Location: The oblivion (for the HLP), Malaga (Spain) for the rest.

Post by mediteatro »

Hi guys! I'm here finally. Thank you for your attempts of contacting with us. Now I do not have Internet in house ( telephonic company problems) but I will try to look at the forum everything what could.

Has someone of you everything what we write in Arrakeen on the fan films? It would be nice to revive something of this material here. Now we are in full filming of The Nibelungs and continue with Dune little by little.

As before, I will try to answer your doubts or curiosities and to show the photos to you that you want. Some request? On our relation with the HLP I have to say that it's frozen. For months we neither know anything of them nor speak. I believe that already they will have forgotten us.
mediteatro

Post by mediteatro »

Omphalos wrote:I have gone ahead and approved "mediteatro," but deleted "mediteatro!" (sorry Freak, I thought you had done that yesterday). Alvaro, if that is not what you wanted, please let either Freakzilla or me know and we will fix your user name.
Everything is ok. I had problems to register (wrong button) and tried to register again. I remain with this account. Thank you.
orald

Post by orald »

Welcome! :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

mediteatro wrote:Hi guys! I'm here finally. Thank you for your attempts of contacting with us. Now I do not have Internet in house ( telephonic company problems) but I will try to look at the forum everything what could.

Has someone of you everything what we write in Arrakeen on the fan films? It would be nice to revive something of this material here. Now we are in full filming of The Nibelungs and continue with Dune little by little.

As before, I will try to answer your doubts or curiosities and to show the photos to you that you want. Some request? On our relation with the HLP I have to say that it's frozen. For months we neither know anything of them nor speak. I believe that already they will have forgotten us.
Cool! You made it!

Unfortunately, our favorite administrator kind of went crazy on us and shut down Arrakeen. So, for the time being, we can't retrieve any of the archived stuff :cry: (Its unlikely 'Keen will open again)

But if you still have some of the pictures, let's post them here now!! Let's start a new link in the Dune Media for your pictures. Can we start with the Feyd vs. Paul scene!?!
mediteatro

Post by mediteatro »

orald wrote:Welcome! :D
Thank you. Really, I am very satisfied of that you still remember us. It is a great honor to find a Topic in another country called "Mediteatro".
Tleilax Master B

mediteatro wrote:
orald wrote:Welcome! :D
Thank you. Really, I am very satisfied of that you still remember us. It is a great honor to find a Topic in another country called "Mediteatro".
I've set up a topic under "Dune Media" to post some pics of the film; if you would be so generous.
mediteatro

Post by mediteatro »

Tleilax Master B wrote:But if you still have some of the pictures, let's post them here now!! Let's start a new link in the Dune Media for your pictures. Can we start with the Feyd vs. Paul scene!?!
I do not have many photos here (I am not in my home), but I have found this one of the filming of Feyd's death.

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Honored to have you here ! :P
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Welcome! :) Glad you made it over here. Might you get some of the others who were part of your film to come here? That would be cool.

I wonder if the HLP would consider letting you guys show the film after the 2009/10 big budget film gets released.
Tleilax Master B

Crysknife wrote:Welcome! :) Glad you made it over here. Might you get some of the others who were part of your film to come here? That would be cool.

I wonder if the HLP would consider letting you guys show the film after the 2009/10 big budget film gets released.
Oh $ure they would. I'm $ure there is $omething that would convince them to allow thi$ film to be $hown.... :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

Don't book rights expire after 50 years or something like patents? Or am I not even in the right direction?
50 years would make it 2015, but then they can't do shit to anyone, no?
Unless they lengthen it somehow. :?

Tleilax Master B

orald wrote:Don't book rights expire after 50 years or something like patents? Or am I not even in the right direction?
That's an Omphalos question......
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, I was gonna suggest it.

It's surprising how unknowledgeable about the law I am considering how much I've already managed to come in contact with it. :wink:

Shooting people should be made legal anyway. >_>

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

orald wrote:Don't book rights expire after 50 years or something like patents? Or am I not even in the right direction?
This is one of those issues that I was talking about the other day that has been subject to many, many, many changes over the years, both judicial and legislative. I have researched this issue recently for an ever-growing article I have been working on for some time for T(A)U. If I have done my homework correctly, then for Dune, published in 1965 and adequately protected by notice of copyright in the front cover, then the item is copyrighted for 28 years, then subject to an automatic extension (by statute) of 67 more years, for a total period of proprietary ownership until 2060 (95 years total), without reference to the death of the creator. Rules for items created on different dates vary widely, so if you have any questions, please ask me, and dont assume that this rule here applies to every book that is out there.

However, every time the copyright for certain Disney characters (most notably Mickey Mouse a.k.a. Steamboat Willy) is about to come up, Disney gets its local FL and CA Congressional representatives to propose and push through an amendment to the laws which gives the corporation more time. Currently, I believe, the Mouse's copyright is up May 15, 2023. Since this is well before the Dune copyright comes up, I'd count Disney lobbying again for another change at some point. and for the family to have proprietary rights for longer, as they would be third-party beneficiaries of the changes Disney is able to effectuate in the future.

I think in other parts of the world copyright is determined by home-venue laws, so likely most jurisdictions in the first world adhere to what US law is, though in some places it may be by convention, and in others subject to local laws. Im still kind of fuzzy on overseas rights.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

:cry:

Seems like our only hope is after they do their shitty Holliwood movie, if ever.

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

when are they gonna realize that the only thing harmful to the HLP IS the HLP
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Tyrant wrote:when are they gonna realize that the only thing harmful to the HLP IS the HLP
when are they gonna realize that the only thing harmful to the HLP IS the HLP +1

edit to add

I don't know what happened there^^^
Last edited by inhuien on 15 Jun 2008 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
trang

Post by trang »

Sorry getting to this thread late, still going thru site trying to catch up.
Welcome!

also here is about the best thing I can offer for legal advice when dealing with HLP: The peter blunt style of law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lURHNLr ... re=related
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."