DUNE d20 RPG

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Eru

DUNE d20 RPG

Post by Eru »

Well met fellows! Long it has been since my last post. Busy and full is the life of Eru. I have been running a Pathfinder/Dungeons and Dragons game recently, and it has given me the inspiration to begin work on a home-brew d20 based Dune table-top RPG. Any and all advice/suggestions are welcome, especially if anyone has a pdf of the Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium limited edition d6 RPG to share/post. I'm looking for ideas for classes, skills, feats, etc. from any of you who have experience with D&D or similar table-top games.
If there's anything I've learned from working with monkeys, it's that there is no problem which cannot be solved by flinging poo at it.
georgiedenbro

Re: DUNE d20 RPG

Post by georgiedenbro »

I guess my only suggestion would be to use the White Wolf successes-based dice system rather than the d20 system, as I think it lends itself better to storytelling and avoids a person's basic character becoming entirely quantitative. The White Wolf system also allows more creativity with open-ended action, rather than having to pre-assign all possible actions and give them DC difficulty arbitrarily. Plus the success/failure system of d20 doesn't do justice to someone who expects to achieve shades of better/worse in an attempt to socially interact. In combat maybe success/failure makes sense, but failing a d20 roll in social or mental interaction (I guess in Dune 'mental' interaction might be use of/resistance to Voice or trying to fool the senses) and just getting a zero result is a bit silly to me.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"