HERETICS OF DUNE As a FPRPG in the Style of HERETIC+HEXEN

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

HERETICS OF DUNE As a FPRPG in the Style of HERETIC+HEXEN

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Here's a nutty idea:

What if you adapted Heretics of Dune into a first-person role playing game in the style and format of Raven Software's unique Doom-clones, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders and Hexen: Beyond Heretic? It could be titled Heretics of Dune: The Specter of the Honored Matres, assume the multiclass system of Hexen, and run on freeware engines like ZDoom or Dark Places. The different classes you could play would include the 8 year old Idaho ghola, Sheana, Ordrade, Miles Teg, Lucilla, Murbella, and a Face Dancer. Each class would have their own individual campaign, and the game would progress in a manner similar to both Strife and Hexen II. Each campaign would be set during the events described in the book, as well as invented episodes behind the margins of HoD.

Naive Mind and other Mentats, how would you logically perceive such a hybrid concoction?
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
lotek

Re: HERETICS OF DUNE As a FPRPG in the Style of HERETIC+HEXEN

Post by lotek »

Can't wait for the Imprinters' mini-games.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Re: HERETICS OF DUNE As a FPRPG in the Style of HERETIC+HEXEN

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

lotek wrote:Can't wait for the Imprinters' mini-games.
Hopefully, those kinds of minigames will be more fun than ones found in LSL: Magna Cum Laude.

In speaking of imprinting, what would happen if you had Burgess Meredith from Grumpy Old Man bragging how much he'd like to be imprinted?
Duncan: I came across an HM, today.

Burgess Meredith: HM? Did you get imprinted by her?

Duncan: Jesus, Dad!

Burgess Meredith: No, does she have big thighs?

Duncan: ... No.

Burgess Meredith: No? Then what's the problem?! If I was a young ghola like you, I'd be imprinted by every BG and HM in the Known Universe!
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky