Multidimensional Dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Multidimensional Dune

Post by SandChigger »

I'm determined to get my synopses of the Legends up before Shysterhood of Dune (No The) comes out... but it's just so damned tiring to even try to read that crap again. :hand:

I've still got, what, eight months? :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hadi Benotto

Post by Hadi Benotto »

SC- Thanks for the explaination on the incident. I also don't agree about pre-review crap ratings, but I have seen a couple of the satirical reviews and got a good chuckle from them. How someone doesn't get that they're satirical... no imagination? KJA teet suckler? Got me.

You stopped at God Emp because... that was the last book published at the time! Small difference versus "words... too large... pink stuff... overload... owww!" I know when I first read GEoD I stopped about the first chapter in but that was because I was thirteen and didn't know that there was Messiah and Children, so God Emp made absolutely no sense! After a quick bit of research (oh... there's two other books!) it made sense and I pretty much devoured Heretics and Chapterhouse.

Haha you're right, the prequels probably DROVE the masses back to the originals. And I do think you're right in that I don't think anyone will go back to the prequels just for the pleasure of reading them again. My wife has her masters in creative writing and almost killed me for having her read the House series. She's read up to Children, and while not a FH super nerd like me, she did enjoy them. She bought into my prequel excitement and in her words, "really tried to like them" but just couldn't. I think she soldiered on to finish the series, but then wouldn't touch anything else by them. She also picked them apart from a literary/ critical review standpoint and helped me articulate my frothing rage into real coherent words :D

Good luck on that PoD review. You're a better man than I. :clap:
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Actually, PoD is the one McDune I have done an actual review of (posted on Amazon & HToD).

As for where I stopped in the past, the books (including the Dune Encyclopedia) did come out before I left the States for Japan (Oct 87), but I was too focused on other shtuff to notice. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"