Lynch's Dune Blu-Ray

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

nistle2

Lynch's Dune Blu-Ray

Post by nistle2 »

Watched the Blu-Ray of Dune over the weekend, if you haven't seen that version it looks amazingly better than the standard. Like an entirely different movie. I've always enjoyed the film a lot even with the story changes and everything, but the set design really pops out in 1080p. I recommend it if you haven't seen it is what I'm saying to the sietch.
PaxVass

Re: Lynch's Dune Blu-Ray

Post by PaxVass »

I bought the german blu-ray which has the English sound track and was very impressed by the transfer and sound. The bad bits still look bad - particularly the "drawings" of the guild ships appearing over Dune (amazingly bad considering the money spent on the film) but the good bits look even better particularly the sets at Geidi Prime and the Imperial court. Well worth a buy if you can stand the film which I can even though it has its problems.
Sand Orphan

Post by Sand Orphan »

I really enjoyed the blu ray. It was like a whole other experience in itself. The production details of this film were not done any justice with VHS and or DVD. 1080P is the only way that you can really notice certain things like the details of the stillsuit or the hunter seeker. The downside to this is that the crappy parts now look crappier.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sand Orphan wrote:the crappy parts now look crappier.
That happens to a lot of things with age. ;)
pardot

Post by pardot »

Good deleted scenes too, for those of us who could never stomach sitting through the Smithee version to see them!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

That redhead is cute.
Spice is the worm's gonads.