Dune Children's Activity Books

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Apjak

Dune Children's Activity Books

Post by Apjak »

I found this.

As we've all known for years now, the true purpose of the internet isn't the connecting of disparate communities, or making the vast wealth of human knowledge accessible to anyone with a Netbook and a Starbucks. No, the internet is for taking the incredibly weird stuff that once might have sat in a shoebox or on a bookshelf, and spreading the lunacy as far and wide as possible. And in that arena, Meredith Yayanos WON THE WEEK over at Coilhouse with her reason-defying presentation of the children's coloring and activity books released to promote David Lynch's 1984 film version of Frank Herbert's DUNE. The brain recoils! Neon pink flame, ahoy!

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/0 ... z1G2XfrzUx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do we have any more stuff from these uploaded somewheres?
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Dune Children's Activity Books

Post by Freakzilla »

A tadpole?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Apjak wrote:I found this.

As we've all known for years now, the true purpose of the internet isn't the connecting of disparate communities, or making the vast wealth of human knowledge accessible to anyone with a Netbook and a Starbucks. No, the internet is for taking the incredibly weird stuff that once might have sat in a shoebox or on a bookshelf, and spreading the lunacy as far and wide as possible. And in that arena, Meredith Yayanos WON THE WEEK over at Coilhouse with her reason-defying presentation of the children's coloring and activity books released to promote David Lynch's 1984 film version of Frank Herbert's DUNE. The brain recoils! Neon pink flame, ahoy!

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/0 ... z1G2XfrzUx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do we have any more stuff from these uploaded somewheres?
I have this book and have let students use some of the pages. I'll see what I can share.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Some of the content of those "kid's" books, really are not for kids. I'll see what I can find too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

I found the "Color the Corpses" page to be in poor taste.

I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That's just the start. There are a lot of age-inappropriate images in that coloring book.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Here's a bunch more of them:

http://coilhouse.net/2011/03/franchised ... n-of-dune/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh GOD, that is so BAD! :laughing-rolling:

(It's a crying shame it was years before KJA got involved and we can't blame him for it! :lol: )