IMDB now lists the Dune movie as ...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

IMDB now lists the Dune movie as ...

Post by TheDukester »

... Dune 2014.

Wow.

I realize that the site is not the official word on anything, but their policy on categorizing future releases with a year designator has mostly been pretty accurate in the past. Perhaps a year early in some cases, but pretty good for what is essentially a gigantic fan site.

And no one is even talking about the project any longer. The most recent threads are all "dream casting" discussions, which are the most useless things on the entire internet.

Could this project be any more dead? Judge for yourself: http://imdb.to/eBLJHt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe I'll ask Super-Producer and Hollywood big-shot Kevin J. Anderson for an update. :dance:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Sev

Re: IMDB now lists the Dune movie as ...

Post by Sev »

That reminds me - there was a quick mention of the film on the hacks' recent 'Hellhole' podcast:
Bobo wrote:Right now Paramount is looking for directors, the last I heard in talking with one of the producers yesterday, is that there is a director in mind - a very important one - who's expressed an interest. So we're hopeful that this will go through and be the big classic movie that the fans want to see. We're still optimistic.
Sounds dead to me...
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:"dream casting" discussions, which are the most useless things on the entire internet
Hear, hear!

I think there is a thread over on DumbNobodies that mentions the new 2014 date.
Sev wrote:That reminds me - there was a quick mention of the film on the hacks' recent 'Hellhole' podcast:
Bobo wrote:Right now Paramount is looking for directors, the last I heard in talking with one of the producers yesterday, is that there is a director in mind - a very important one - who's expressed an interest. So we're hopeful that this will go through and be the big classic movie that the fans want to see. We're still optimistic.
A VERY IMPORTANT director!

I knew it, it's Michel Gondry! :dance:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:
TheDukester wrote:"dream casting" discussions, which are the most useless things on the entire internet
Hear, hear!

I think there is a thread over on DumbNobodies that mentions the new 2014 date.
Sev wrote:That reminds me - there was a quick mention of the film on the hacks' recent 'Hellhole' podcast:
A VERY IMPORTANT director!

I knew it, it's Michel Gondry! :dance:
I'm worried that Michel Gondry will bump heads with co-producers KJA and Brian Herbert over creative control of the project. Oh, wait-... I almost forgot, KJA and Brian Herbert won't have any creative input.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Ash

Post by Ash »

New director? I wonder what Uwe Boll is up to? He would fit in nicely with KJA's vision of Dune.
"Dune can be read on so many different levels. I really get different things out of it every time I read it. You can read it as just a plain old space adventure story, people being stranded on a desert planet that has giant sandworms on it, but you can also read it and get politics and economics out of it."
Kevin J. Anderson
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I swear to the little baby jesus, I was just fixin to suggest that ...
I loved what he did with postal ... instant classic ... the substitution of Verne Troyer
for Gary Coleman was effing inspired ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Uwe Boll would be better than Peter Berg.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Sounds dead to me...
Amazing how KJA can do a name drop without even naming someone.

$10 says his "very important director" is Michael Bay.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Ampoliros wrote: $10 says his "very important director" is Michael Bay.
That would be a perfect storm for me. I would shit myself to death. I would take that bet just because I can't allow myself to believe that would happen. Michael Bay making a Dune movie would be truly horrendous.

I actually don't think that would happen. I think :pray: Michael Bay would know that Dune is material that would be too difficult for him, and would be a travesty.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ash wrote:New director? I wonder what Uwe Boll is up to? He would fit in nicely with KJA's vision of Dune.
:lol:

"Usul, this pillar of fire in the night hath brought forth Ash!"
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Ah... developmental Hell. That happens to a lot of properties when idiots like KJA are involved.

If not Michael Bay, I place my bet on perhaps Roland Emmerich.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The movie will always be "four years away."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Like one of those desert mirages? :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Kojiro wrote:Ah... developmental Hell. That happens to a lot of properties when idiots like KJA are involved.

If not Michael Bay, I place my bet on perhaps Roland Emmerich.
It looks like development hell indeed, but I highly doubt that KJA has anything to do with it. It's more likely the producers are concerned about the directors they've chosen so far, and are just struggling to find the right director matched with the right script.

They're probably pouring over forums such as this one, paranoid about die-hard fan reaction. Not typical Hollywood behaviour, but with a risky franchise such as Dune they may find it necessary.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza