One more(possible) down side to a new Dune movie

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Kensai

Re: One more(possible) down side to a new Dune movie

Post by Kensai »

DuneFishUK wrote:I doubt there'll be novelization as such... but there will be a Dune Storybook, or Picturebook tie in (like there was for the 84 film).

50p says the in-house hack will write :)
Exactly I have never heard of a novelisation of a book based of a novel.
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Kensai wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:I doubt there'll be novelization as such... but there will be a Dune Storybook, or Picturebook tie in (like there was for the 84 film).

:?:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Kensai wrote:

Someone wrote a version of I-Robot that was a blend of the movie and the original novel apparently. So there is precident for this.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

It's dangerous to underestimate the HLP's level of idiocy.

I'm convinced there will be a novelization of the movie. Two reasons:

1. Anderjacket will finally get a chance to write Dune "the way it should have been." More pew-pew-pew; less of that nasty thinking stuff.

2. Bobo Herbert will get to enjoy the ultimate revenge against his father: rewriting his masterpiece.

Those two clowns will not pass up an opportunity to "write" Dune, even if everyone is very careful to say that it's just based on the movie.

Oh, three reasons, actually:

3. Novelizations are easy money. They're cheap to make, quick to get printed, and no one expects too much. They fall right within Anderjacket's comfort zone, in other words.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Kensai wrote:

Michael Scott wrote:Would you mind if I listened to my book on tape? Kind of a bookworm. It is a novelization of the movie Precious, based on the book Push by Sapphire.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

TheDukester wrote:It's dangerous to underestimate the HLP's level of idiocy.

I'm convinced there will be a novelization of the movie. Two reasons:

1. Anderjacket will finally get a chance to write Dune "the way it should have been." More pew-pew-pew; less of that nasty thinking stuff.

2. Bobo Herbert will get to enjoy the ultimate revenge against his father: rewriting his masterpiece.

Those two clowns will not pass up an opportunity to "write" Dune, even if everyone is very careful to say that it's just based on the movie.

Oh, three reasons, actually:

3. Novelizations are easy money. They're cheap to make, quick to get printed, and no one expects too much. They fall right within Anderjacket's comfort zone, in other words.
If that happened it'd be like Sophie's Choice over at Tor.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Don't forget that there's a precedent closer to home:

KJA did the novelization of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. (Which is a film based on a graphic novel.)

http://www.amazon.com/League-Extraordin ... 074347676X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I hope I didn't miss someone mentioning this above.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Fun stuff from the League reviews:

"There is a theory that *any* time spent reading is time well spent. If this is the reading matter, I disagree -- separating one's belly-button lint into individual strands would be time better spent. The quality of writing would be barely acceptable from a middle school student. The "plot," such as it is, would be barely acceptable from a grade schooler. The two big moments of the book are the destruction of Venice by a method so incredibly illogical and moronic that it would be an unacceptable plot device coming from anyone older than seven, and a raid by The League on a castle in (pick one: Mongolia, Manchuria, Russia, Siberia -- the author clearly has no idea, so your guess is as good as any). "

That is how you open a review. :clap:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Moore did disown any involvement with the raping that was the LoEG movie. I bet KJA looked at the GN and was wanking to the pics of the Invisible Man bopping the all girl's school students.
lotek

Post by lotek »

that moron still gets an average three stars customer reviews?
And then:
5.0 out of 5 stars a very enjoyable read!
Most of the negative reviews about this novel complain that it's not the comic book. It's not the comic, but I don't think that's a bad thing. The novel is well written and characters, like Quatermain, are closer to their literary selves than Moore's reworked versions. Fans of the original characters and the LXG movie will enjoy this the most. I did.
Published on June 16, 2005 by chaney

I smell a shill...
Spice is the worm's gonads.