Dune Facebook

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Re: Dune Facebook

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:You KNOW what invariably happens when you mention that image, right?
c'mon bring it on old man!
:p
SandChigger wrote:If KJA had 'shopped it himself, it would be a lot funnier. ;)
if KJA had done that pic himself he wouldn't be theKJA!
Being theKJA means being utterly incapable of laughing at yourself(and writing a good story but that's another one... or maybe not since that could be why he's such a douche)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:In Watchmen Dr Manhattan & his Blue Wang are rumored to be giving people cancer.
Are you saying that I should visit tehKJAcket and pee in his soup? I WON'T DO IT! Even I have some standards... :shifty:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

I... wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. The thought never even entered my mind. :snooty:

But thanks once again for a fascinating peek into your mind and how it works. ;) :lol:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Tleszer wrote:
SandChigger wrote:In Watchmen Dr Manhattan & his Blue Wang are rumored to be giving people cancer.
Are you saying that I should visit tehKJAcket and pee in his soup? I WON'T DO IT! Even I have some standards... :shifty:
Oh, come on, man, do it. I really think you should do that. I support that happening, whole-heartedly. Pee in it. Do it.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

And Moses said... LET MY PEE'ER GO!

:lol:

(Sorry... Globe Trekker: Israel is on at the moment and they're talking about the Temple Mount and Judaism. :shifty: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

talking of Peter...
they peed in the ponch :)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Official Dune wrote:
David James wrote: I know I've been looking forward to it over the past couple of years now as I've been working my way through all the novels. Although, it would have been nice if they had finished the inquels first, but as long as they get back to those once they're finished with the schools, then that's okay with me. I'm still working my way through some of the other DUNE novels I haven't read yet anyway. Every time I think I've read all that can possibly take place in the DUNE universe, I open up another book (whether an original by Frank Herbert or one of the continuations by the team of Brian and Kevin) and am constantly blown away with the story told within the covers no matter who writes it. This is a universe that can be explored long after Brian and Kevin have passed away and should definitely be kept within the Herbert family under Herbert control as Brian has done and if future generations want to use the help of another author too like he did then I hope they find another good one like Kevin. I see a lot more that can be told in the history of this universe going back to the past before the DUNE saga begins, and far into the future beyond the DUNE saga. As much as I'm looking forward to the Hellhole trilogy, I am definitely a DUNE fan and am glad that Brian and Kevin are filling in as many gaps as they can with the material Frank left behind.
Saturday at 4:07pm · Like · Flag
Buck Turgidson wrote: I know that you know that I know that you know that I've been looking forward to this for the last four days now as I've been working my way through a lifetime's supply of cheese curls. LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!! No, but seriously... I am also looking forward to the Hellhole trilogy, David, as I am a great fan of the Space Opera. Will there be singing in SISTERHOOD as well?

Yeah, I don't know what that's supposed to mean. It's just the stupidest thing I could think of at the time.
:?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Dune Saga Facebook wrote:
Zadam Rhodes wrote: seeing as how i am having to wait for the next books to be written does anyone happen to know of any GOOD fan stories written about the dune universe. i would re read all the books but i have started buying the audiobooks to give my eyes a rest.
14 hours ago · Comment · Like · Flag
Byron Merritt wrote: Fan stories don't exist at this time (except maybe a few online). How about some non-Dune Frank Herbert stories? The Santaroga Barrier or The White Plague or Soul Catcher or ???
10 hours ago · Like · Flag
Zadam Rhodes wrote: ok ok i get the point lol but the dune universe shares properties with melange its too damn addictive !! (and am i the only person that goes through the books bookmarking where chapters relating to the desert are then reading just those and ignoring the rest. i think i may be a bit overdosed!!
7 hours ago · Like · Flag
Buck Turgidson wrote: Well, I know for a fact there are quite a few fan stories out there (Paul of Dune, Winds of Dune, Hunters of Dune), but do agree that there aren't any good ones out there. Your best bet is a non-Dune Frank Herbert story.
2 seconds ago · Like ·
:dance:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Someone should post asking why kja and Bobo are writing sequels to Hellboy now. Let's get those Hellboy fans riled up!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:Someone should post asking why kja and Bobo are writing sequels to Hellboy now. Let's get those Hellboy fans riled up!
I'm down. Are they writing sequels to Hellboy? Is that recent?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Someone should post asking why kja and Bobo are writing sequels to Hellboy now. Let's get those Hellboy fans riled up!
I'm down. Are they writing sequels to Hellboy? Is that recent?
No, but it's just the type of question a damn dirty preeq might ask.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I like it ....

I read on the internet that Kevin J. Anderson is writing Battlestar Galactica interquels ....

I read on the internet that Kevin J. Anderson is writing an EU Farscape ....

I read on the internet that Kevin J. Anderson is writing the Stargate prequel ...

I read on the internet that Kevin J. Anderson has been given the go ahead to re-boot Star Trek from the ground up ...

I read on the internet that Kevin J. Anderson is working on the screenplay for Avatar II ....

&etc ...

team up in twos and threes and post on these fan forums, planting and confirming these rumors ...

create twitter sockpuppets and disperse this disinformation ... let's see how wide a handful of "malcontents"
can spread that sweet KJA-hate ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Oh, I see. Good idea. I've talked to someone who's willing to post on Facebook for me. Sockpuppets within sockpuppets. ????? is a sockpuppet of Buck Turgidson is a sockpuppet of Merkin Muffley is a sockpuppet of ??????. This is way better than XBOX, or sleeping with a lady (I'm guessing).
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Let me get this right. Byron "the coward" Merrit says there are at this time no fanfic stories?

Really!

I remember vividly reading two novel sized alternative Dune 7 books named "Dune Revenant" and "Dune Advent" and BOTH are better than the shite the two idiots have published so far.

Tool!

Edit: I wrote Revelation instead of the correct title Dune Revenant.
Last edited by Serkanner on 21 Jul 2010 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
twistedmentat

Post by twistedmentat »

where could i find these 2 fanfiction books?
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

twistedmentat wrote:where could i find these 2 fanfiction books?
Google?

and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

Serkanner wrote:
Google?
and where do I find that?

:p

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239929/Dune-R ... m-Mitchell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.usul.net/fandom/marco/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(from http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... b7b51a142b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;) )
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Serkanner wrote:
Google?
http://tinyurl.com/3adyf9v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Nekhrun wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Google?
http://tinyurl.com/3adyf9v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:clap: ... that was neat!

and wrote a Dune Novel."
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Official Dune wrote:Earlier this week, at the Dinner for Schmucks' premiere, Adam Scott told us he and Paul Rudd had recently had, while shooting their new movie My Idiot Brother, a "Kyle MacLachlan moment." Unclear as to what the hell a "Kyle MacLachlan moment" is, we got Rudd to give us the details: "Yeah, last night we were talking about Dune and we kept saying the Dune line, “Father, the sleeper has awakened,” and I was holding a toothbrush under my nose pretending like it was the thing that’s in Kyle MacLachlan's’s nose in Dune. And then Kyle MacLachlan's here today. It’s a little like being in the Twilight Zone. I want to tell him the sleeper has awakened."
Buck Turgidson wrote: Has Kevin J. Anderson ever been invited to a Dinner for Hacks?
2 seconds ago · Like ·
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

You guys really, really need to go through this.

http://tau.solahpmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm seeing a lot of questions that are answered there, and a lot of things that are posted there.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
twistedmentat

Post by twistedmentat »

Serkanner wrote:
Google?
Damn i binged when i shoulda googled.....do'h :doh:
twistedmentat

Post by twistedmentat »

Peter Griffin is a preek????? For shame, for shame. By the way if any photo shop savey(is that spelled right?) indivduals could airbrush some chin-balls on that guy, it would make my day.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

According to some accounts, that wouldn't be necessary, because his whole head is a giant testicle. (That's why he was "brave" enough to join here and relieve himself on the floor cushions, but not smart enough to do much else. Like answer the hard questions directed at him.)

Yet other accounts hold that he has no balls whatsoever. His being a eunuch would explain the corpulence. ;)

(For me, personally, if he also turns out to have a high-pitched squeally piglet voice... Mmmm, I would just lie down and die and go straight to Heaven. Like this: :laughing-rolling: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Dune Series on Facebook wrote:Thank you for wanting to improve this Community Page. We'll let you know when we're ready for your suggestions.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos