Lynch asked to direct Return of the Jedi!!!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Lynch asked to direct Return of the Jedi!!!

Post by lotek »

I put this here since Lynch directed Dune and SW was a rip off of the Dune books :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDB8Q15i ... r_embedded#[/youtube]
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Re: Lynch asked to direct Return of the Jedi!!!

Post by inhuien »

Quick get that man a cold compress.
trang

Post by trang »

Just shows how far up his ass Lucas has his head. New projects or some visionary thing ya might consider lynch, but not for an established set of movies, lynch's mind doesn't work like that. He sure took a long time to explain that he turned Lucas down though didn't he? I like his works, but hate when he talks, his voice is grating like nails on a chalkboard.

Just for the record, Lucas has more money that Ill ever dream of, and he has the right to have his head up his ass as far as he wants. I do like the first three movies.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

lotek

Post by lotek »

trang wrote:Just for the record, Lucas has more money that Ill ever dream of, and he has the right to have his head up his ass as far as he wants.
we know of someone who doesn't have that much money(i guess), but in terms of arse up head has more than a head start(a head start? get it? sorry I just felt like explaining the obvious, I sometimes find it more funny than the actual joke and it has often landed me into trouble)

[
trang wrote:I do like the first three movies.
yeah they had a more naïve feel to them(or was that me being younger?)
In French we have a colloquial expression that literaly means "trying to fart higher than one's arse", and that's definitely what Lucas tried to do with his new SW series.

Btw if there is a equivalent to this expression in English I'd like to know it if someone knows please :)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

To Bite off more than you can chew perhaps, the meaning's the same but the sentiment seems slightly adrift.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

À péter plus haut que son cul (trou?), I presume? LIKE it! :lol:

"Thinks his shit don't stink," maybe? ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:À péter plus haut que son cul (trou?), I presume? LIKE it! :lol:

"Thinks his shit don't stink," maybe? ;)
bite off more than you can chew would seem closer in fact, as it needs to convey through the delicate means of farts and asses (in french)the feeling than one is slightly presuming of one's capabilities.
Furthermore, if one farts higher than one's arse(hole) one will soon find out wether one's shit does stink or not.

And that, gentlemen, concludes our Comparative Course on French Poetry in Relation with its Semantic Meaning in Other Languages ;)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

lotek wrote:naïve
That's above and beyond the call of spelling duty.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
lotek

Post by lotek »

DuneFishUK wrote:
lotek wrote:naïve
That's above and beyond the call of spelling duty.
to be fair we have the "¨" easily available on the azerty keyboard so it's not really a hassle, and I believe that deliberately making a mistake is a crime against spelling far worse than making that mistake out of ignorance...
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

lotek wrote:
trang wrote:Just for the record, Lucas has more money that Ill ever dream of, and he has the right to have his head up his ass as far as he wants.
we know of someone who doesn't have that much money(i guess), but in terms of arse up head has more than a head start(a head start? get it? sorry I just felt like explaining the obvious, I sometimes find it more funny than the actual joke and it has often landed me into trouble)

[
trang wrote:I do like the first three movies.
yeah they had a more naïve feel to them(or was that me being younger?)
In French we have a colloquial expression that literaly means "trying to fart higher than one's arse", and that's definitely what Lucas tried to do with his new SW series.

Btw if there is a equivalent to this expression in English I'd like to know it if someone knows please :)
Il pet plus haut que son cul. I was told the closest in English is 'he thinks his shit doesn't stink', meaning someon tries to appear better than they really are.

French swearing is weird. I like the French for 'you piss me off' - 'tu me fais chier' = literally 'you make me crap' :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.